EagleBurn

Your Game of the Year and Most Anticipated Game of 2016?

Game of the Year was Ori and the Blind Forest. Amazing visuals and soundtrack, fun and challenging levels and the slickest controls I've ever felt in a game, all wrapped up with a pretty good story to boot. All of the minor problems holding it back from being a masterpiece are said to have been resolved in the definitive edition for next year, along with additional content and abilities they're adding. So the definitive edition is my most anticipated game of next year by far. 

After that I'd say Destiny 2. I wont jump on the hype train for it, but I'm definitely curious to see what Bungie does with the game next. They've lost so much good will over the last year, so they're going to have to deliver something truly incredible to win it back.

Tips for Bungie for Destiny 2 and the beautiful world of PR

• Don't lie about your product. Can you really travel to that area over there? No? Then don't say it on-stage at an E3 demo.
  • Don't mislead people about your product. Are the ships more than a glorified loading screen? No? Then don't say "these ships are how you will travel across our universe!" And correct, you're not lying, you're just being an asshole.
  • Don't have your social game lack the most basic social features. And don't hide that until launch. Explain months before and then there won't be people who are frustrated that they spent money on your product that was highly advertised as a social game in 2015.
  • Don't be smug when responding to important concerns from your community. Basically, stop giving Luke Smith opportunities to speak. He's been that way since Reach. When will you learn?
  • Don't lock content to late buyers. And especially don't slap a ridiculous price tag on it when you make it purchasable separately.
  • Make your $60 game worth $60. No, adding $20 DLC every few months doesn't count.

If you follow these steps, you are on the right track of being considered a reasonable developer!

• Upvote (+1) 1

GOTY: H5 only because that's the only game besides Arkham Knight (which I also thought was good but lacking in some areas) i bought

Most anticipated game: Street Fighter V. It's been 7 years since we had a complete new iteration for the series so im hyped. Dark Souls 3 because Dark Souls is awesome

GOTY - Bloodborne. Easy decision.

Most anticipated - This is actually difficult. Old favorites like Hitman and Final Fantasy are coming around. Zelda. Persona 5. Hell a new WoW expansion. Maybe KH3. Obviously Dark Souls 3 is a big deal and is probably in the lead for me atm. It may change as we get more info though. This year is stacking up to be BIG compared to most years.

• Upvote (+1) 2

GOTY: Bloodborne

Most anticipated: Deus Ex, Dishonored 2 (assuming the inevitable delay doesn't push it into next year), Horizon Zero Dawn (no way it's not getting pushed to 2017 but still), The Last Guardian, Unravel, Eitr, Firewatch, No Man's Sky, Dark Souls 3, Mirror's Edge*, the Sonic 25th anniversary title, Zelda, Gravity Rush 2, Ni-Oh, Halo Wars 2, FFXV, Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, and probably some things I'm forgetting. Some good stuff coming next year.

*I'll need to see more before I'm truly sold, but the prospect of a new Mirror's Edge does excite me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

GOTY for me is Fallout 4

but 2016 looks like such a weak year for games. At least it's a great year for other things.

I unno 2015 was pretty weak. Edit:well Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Hotline Miami 2, Blooborne and Fall Out 4 sounds pretty good actually

If No Man's Sky comes out in 2016, 2016 is already better than 2015. Plus SF 5 is coming out in February.

2015 was a pretty terrible year for gaming imo, but I'll give my GOTY vote to Witcher 3, runner up MGS The Phantom Pain.

Most anticipated for 2016 is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. My first playthrough of Human Revolution was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Also hyped for Dishonored 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2015 was a pretty terrible year for gaming imo

It really was. Just Cause 3 was my GOTY but that still wasn't as good as I thought it would be and it has a ton of technical issues, but there isn't any game that I enjoyed more. Oh well, here's to 2016.

GOTY: Witcher 3.

And I don't like RPG's.

Most anticipated game: Total: Warhammer.

My game of the year for 2015 is The Talos Principle.

Technically it was released in December 2014, but whatever, close enough.

For those that don't know The Talos Principle is a first person puzzle game like Portal from Croteam, the creators of Serious Sam.

Yes, that's right. The creators of the most arcadey FPS ever did a complete 180 and created a philosophical puzzle game...

And it's freakin' amazing.

Why is it my game of the year?

Because the game kept me engaged right up to the end. Rather than wasting time walking back and forth doing fetch quests for NPC's I spent every second trying to think of how to solve the puzzles. I even thought about puzzles I was stuck on when I wasn't playing the game. When a game has you memorising a levels layout so you can think it over in your head on the drive home from work you know the developer has done something right.

The game is a lot longer than Portal but despite this it doesn't over stay its welcome. In fact, I found myself wishing it was longer. (Still yet to play the expansion, too much to play in my back log).

The game doesn't hold your hand too much and it teaches through gameplay rather than forced tutorials.

Unlike Portal which I rarely found myself stuck there were lot of puzzles I had to come back and revisit in Talos and I didn't finish all the secret ones but the secret ones I did finish were VERY hard and they use the games mechanics to the fullest. Eventually I'll definitely come back and try to finish them all.

Great story telling, great voice acting, gorgeous music and stunning visuals. The game tries to create a sense of loneliness and they fucking nailed it, although you can still feel a glimpse of hope.

Even buying this game at full price feels like I'm stealing.

Yes, I played Fallout 4 (on Xbox One) and The Witcher 3, but both these games have me putting them aside and waiting for mods and patches due to how awful their control systems are. The fact that I can find indie games that feel 100X's more fluid and responsive than these AAA blockbusters is straight up embarassing.

Most anticipated game of 2016 is easily Deus Ex Mankind Divided. I LOVED Human Revolution and I've got a soft spot for cyberpunk. The fact that the game was one of the best games I had played in the past decade AND it was set in a cyberpunk universe just made it even better.

I really hope they don't fuck this up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I unno 2015 was pretty weak. Edit:well Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Hotline Miami 2, Blooborne and Fall Out 4 sounds pretty good actually

If No Man's Sky comes out in 2016, 2016 is already better than 2015. Plus SF 5 is coming out in February.

2016 looks pretty great stacked depending on what series you like. I love JRPGS and fighting games. With SFV and the holy grails of JRPGS, Final Fantasy and Persona, releasing in 2016 I'm set.

Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, Fire Emblem Fates, Star Fox Zero, Legend of Zelda, Uncharted 4, Street Fighter V, Halo Wars 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Deus Ex, Dark Souls 3, No Man's Sky, Xcom 2, etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2016 looks pretty great stacked depending on what series you like. I love JRPGS and fighting games. With SFV and the holy grails of JRPGS, Final Fantasy and Persona, releasing in 2016 I'm set.

Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, Fire Emblem Fates, Star Fox Zero, Legend of Zelda, Uncharted 4, Street Fighter V, Halo Wars 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Deus Ex, Dark Souls 3, No Man's Sky, Xcom 2, etc.

I don't really play games as much as I used to. I play a lot of SF tho. So there's probably only a few games I'll actually take the time to play. Like Dark Souls 3, FF 15, No Man'a Sky and of course SF5.

With that said there's a lot of good looking games that I'd be down to play,I just don't really have the patience anymore or at the moment at least. Use that free time for SF

So I'll try to make a decent list off the top of my head for 2016 games people might reasonably be looking forward to.

New Hitman

Zelda

WoW Expansion

Persona 5

FFXV

SF5

No Man's Sky

Dark Souls 3

The Last Guardian (holy shit its actually happening?)

Uncharted 4

Mafia 3

Gears 4

Mass Effect

Deus Ex

DOOM

Dishonored 2

OverWatch

The Divison

Far Cry Primal

XCOM 2

Tekken (the last ever supposedly)

Halo Wars 2

Mirror's Edge

Ratchet and Clank

Then obviously your obligatory CoDs, Battlefields, Ghost Recon, whatever games. Then games like ReCore, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Quantum Break etc that look interesting but we haven't really gotten a look at yet. Seems to be a lot for a lot of different kinds of people already. After reading that list its also pretty apparent that we're going to get a new addition to nearly every single popular series from the last decade actually. Come on Rockstar I'm looking for a new Red Dead game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Despite all of the server issues, R6 Siege is my GOTY. After all it is the only game I decided to even buy last year. I'm super pumped for The Division in a few months. I realize I'm a lot bigger Tom Clancy fan than I thought, Splinter Cell has always been my number two game behind Halo. Siege and The Division will likely fill out three and four.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Despite all of the server issues, R6 Siege is my GOTY. After all it is the only game I decided to even buy last year. I'm super pumped for The Division in a few months. I realize I'm a lot bigger Tom Clancy fan than I thought, Splinter Cell has always been my number two game behind Halo. Siege and The Division will likely fill out three and four.

Did you play the alpha? I did and I I didn't really enjoy it, can you tell me what you liked about it? Maybe I'm missed something..

Did you play the alpha? I did and I I didn't really enjoy it, can you tell me what you liked about it? Maybe I'm missed something..

why do you care about his thoughts on the alpha when the full game is already out? check the rainbow six thread if you wanna know why people like it

why do you care about his thoughts on the alpha when the full game is already out? check the rainbow six thread if you wanna know why people like it

I was talking about The Division, I guess I could have made it clearer