Sign in to follow this  
logan

Halo 5 – Slide Boosting Trick

Why can i not do this...

just make sure you thrust first before you hit slide. also the timing is similar to the spring jump, kinda tricky but sometimes you'll just do it over and over

I've been trying to do this for at least 20 minutes. I still haven't been able to do it once.

Cool to see something like this emerge in a later Halo, hopefully they don't patch it out ;0

Considering it requires a specific controller setting to be turned off, I'd say it's a bug and not an emergent feature...and will therefore be patched out

With the boltshot and nade launching glitch being patched in h4, this glitch wont even last longer than a halo 4 dropped weapon's despawn time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This will be patched before they actually fix the real issues with the game. Just like they showed with MCC fixing little exploits is a higher priority than fixing gameplay issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stuff like this is dope. Small little things like this and other button combos is the path Halo should have taken.

A button mashing FPS would have been awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know if I was drunk or not but I remember @@Mikwen saying in some chat that he spoke with someone at 343 about this and they say that is "working as intended".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Considering it requires a specific controller setting to be turned off, I'd say it's a bug and not an emergent feature...and will therefore be patched out

Not true. You only have to slide at the correct time to pull this off, thrust just adds speed to it and makes you go even farther.

It's no different than slide jumping, it's just actually literally slide jumping now lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh wow yea, with the maintain sprint off it's pretty easy to do.

I actually haven't seen anyone other than heinz doing this in games yet.

I've been abusing the fuck out of it on SWAT.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New tech? Are smash now? ayeee

No but this is awesome, definitely innovative and I'm excited to see it applied in competitive gameplay.

wow, definitely nice find

I didn't find it. My friends and I just saw heinz doing it so we went into a custom and messed around

Is there anything you can't bitch about?

He wasn't complaining? He just made a logical assessment. There was a similar button combo related glitch in H4 and it was patched fairly quickly. You're the only one bitching here.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1