Sign in to follow this  
logan

Halo 5 – Slide Boosting Trick

I just cant comprehend how this is "working as intended" when were just now hearing about it a month into the game. Last time i checked we werent meant to be flying or falling at ridiculous speeds. Not only that but see as radar is a joke, this slide boosting nonsense makes it completely obsolete. Player will go from across the map to up in your ass within a second.

It would be ok if radar was removed and if you didnt fall faster than the game intended. But in its current state, it needs to be removed imo.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Naded doing crazy superjumps on trench in breakout. CRAZY. check his stream out now. (thrusting during sprint into the rhombus shaped things and he geos flying in the air.)

That's a QA kill barrier check fail.

Agreed. People were getting out of breakout maps without this slide boosting trick already. As well as regular BTB and arena maps.

Serious, watch ANY of these guys H5 videos. There are a LOT of exploits on the maps from the use of the Spartan Abilities + lack of kill barriers.

HERE is the link to them getting outside the breakout map.

They just released one for Fathom where you can hide under the water. (FYI, there is one spot on Fathom that they show that seems less of an exploit and more of a cool spot that you could actually use in a game).

Agreed. People were getting out of breakout maps without this slide boosting trick already. As well as regular BTB and arena maps.

Serious, watch ANY of these guys H5 videos. There are a LOT of exploits on the maps from the use of the Spartan Abilities + lack of kill barriers.

I'll admit I laughed at them writing in the glass

I just cant comprehend how this is "working as intended" when were just now hearing about it a month into the game. Last time i checked we werent meant to be flying or falling at ridiculous speeds. Not only that but see as radar is a joke, this slide boosting nonsense makes it completely obsolete. Player will go from across the map to up in your ass within a second.

It would be ok if radar was removed and if you didnt fall faster than the game intended. But in its current state, it needs to be removed imo.

What are you complaining about?

Honest question, is it radar or is it slide boosting?

Started doing it in MM and I love it. Haven't used it in a fight yet, but it's just a fun way to get around the map.  

My fingers haven't hurt this good since I learned how to wavedash.

This is fantastic fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My fingers haven't hurt this good since I learned how to wavedash.

This is fantastic fun.

Surprisingly, if it wasn't for slide boosting, I wouldn't still be playing the game. I would've been sitting back and waiting for the Forge update.

Surprisingly, if it wasn't for slide boosting, I wouldn't still be playing the game. I would've been sitting back and waiting for the Forge update.

Same here. I hadn't played for a week, and as soon as I saw this, I hopped onto Plaza and practiced the Nest-Cafe jump for 20 minutes.

Same here. I hadn't played for a week, and as soon as I saw this, I hopped onto Plaza and practiced the Nest-Cafe jump for 20 minutes.

Tribes: Halo makes everything better.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

I am so excited for forge and the potential Flaming Ninja maps. Imagine having to do a thrust slide to a mason jump to clear a jump.

Obviously the different jumps you can do in Halo 5 can't be compared to ghost jumping etc in Halo 3 but it'll be interesting to see if the jumping community will be back with forge.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Decided to use it in Warzone.

I felt so bad.

LOL that clip was insane. The dude probs thought you were cheating haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can do the thrust slide on the triangular looking pieces on the breakout maps. Can be used to get outside of Altitude as well as getting from bottom left to nades on the same map. Gambol has a bunch of the same forge piece and one is strategically placed in the center of the map which you can use to get up to top camo. Crossfire has a few as well and you can use them to get up on the blue shield but it has a death barrier so you die anyway when you get over it.

Edit: I choked. All you have to do is just thrust into the pyramide and it'll send you flying.  :walshy:

A video showing it off on Altitude: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/AlMDOWN/video/13122073

You can do the thrust slide on the triangular looking pieces on the breakout maps. Can be used to get outside of Altitude as well as getting from bottom left to nades on the same map. Gambol has a bunch of the same forge piece and one is strategically placed in the center of the map which you can use to get up to top camo. Crossfire has a few as well and you can use them to get up on the blue shield but it has a death barrier so you die anyway when you get over it.

Do you mean the "pyramids" -- or as paintball players call them... "Doritos"?

Edit:  You don't even have to use Slide for the Gambol jump you're talking about.

Do you mean the "pyramids" -- or as paintball players call them... "Doritos"?

Edit:  You don't even have to use Slide for the Gambol jump you're talking about.

Yes, pyramids. I knew there was a better word to describe them :P

Didn't know you could just jump up to top camo from bottom center. That's cool! Thanks.

I've been hording some knowledge, but I think it's time to share.

Here's something that makes this a whole lot easier.

Hold crouch + jump instead of just crouch after thrusting down a ramp. You'll gain a lot of speed, wherein you can tap jump to slingshot yourself.

Oh, and it's also the fast fall button combo.

Thank me later.

Are you saying to hold these at the same time? I've been able to land the slide boost on occasion, but I still can't get it consistently. Any advice here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Are you saying to hold these at the same time? I've been able to land the slide boost on occasion, but I still can't get it consistently. Any advice here would be appreciated. Thanks.

First, thrust. Then while in-animation, hold both crouch + jump.

You don't have to press the two buttons at the same time, you just need to be holding them both by the time the animation ends, then you can jump again and slingshot yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

First, thrust. Then while in-animation, hold both crouch + jump.

You don't have to press the two buttons at the same time, you just need to be holding them both by the time the animation ends, then you can jump again and slingshot yourself.

Any tips for the Plaze Blue to Snipe ramp and vice versa? Getting it consistently on ramps that have a more clearly defined angle, but these rounded top ramps are really throwing me off.

Any tips for the Plaze Blue to Snipe ramp and vice versa? Getting it consistently on ramps that have a more clearly defined angle, but these rounded top ramps are really throwing me off.

Café to Sniper is extremely difficult to do with the fast fall ramp launch. The little metal plates from the door opening increases your height slightly, meaning that you're forced to thrust after crossing them.

There are two methods I've been experimenting with. The first is something I like to call wiggling, where you strafe a bit to slow yourself after crossing the metal plates before you thrust and launch yourself. The second is that you can offset your aim slightly sideways and thrust diagonally so that you don't overshoot the ramp.

• Upvote (+1) 1