Sign in to follow this  
logan

Halo 5 – Slide Boosting Trick

I've been hording some knowledge, but I think it's time to share.

Here's something that makes this a whole lot easier.

Hold crouch + jump instead of just crouch after thrusting down a ramp. You'll gain a lot of speed, wherein you can tap jump to slingshot yourself.

Oh, and it's also the fast fall button combo.

Thank me later.

You are a wonderful human being

Saw this video on reddit. Have only been able to do the first jump to get out of the map but not onto the spawn platform. The secret is (well, I guess..) to stabilize as soon as possible (I put auto-stabilize on when I tried this, I normally play with it turned off).

• Upvote (+1) 6

Saw this video on reddit. Have only been able to do the first jump to get out of the map but not onto the spawn platform. The secret is (well, I guess..) to stabilize as soon as possible (I put auto-stabilize on when I tried this, I normally play with it turned off).

LOL

inb4 343 patches the game instead of the map

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really like that stabilizer trick. I wonder if that would have any uses on our current maps. Maybe you could get to the other teams nades on Altitude without lifting or going up to BR. Maybe a new route to top mid from Bottom Orange Ramp on Plaza. Definitely going to have to test out a bit tonight.

Unrelated: Who the hell just sits at LR for 10 seconds off the start of Fathom CTF  :wutface:

That's a defensive position. You can use the Light Rifle to control the lane and harass top mid, as well as defend the flag from higher ramp backdoors.

wow this thread is making me want to start playing again.  I pretty well have stopped following big portions of the scene and do a little catch up every once and awhile. Mason Jumping, fast falling and slide boosting I just heard for the first time in this thread.

Hope they don't get patched.  I'll be trying them out soon for sure.

wow this thread is making me want to start playing again.  I pretty well have stopped following big portions of the scene and do a little catch up every once and awhile. Mason Jumping, fast falling and slide boosting I just heard for the first time in this thread.

Hope they don't get patched.  I'll be trying them out soon for sure.

Mason jumping won't get patched. It's not an exploit.

That's a defensive position. You can use the Light Rifle to control the lane and harass top mid, as well as defend the flag from higher ramp backdoors.

Top mid isn't exactly a threat off the opening rush, at least not immediately, and LR guy can basically guarantee that you get the first camo if he moves over to porch and lands a few shots. I assume you know that because that's where you went with it.

Don't mind me, though. I get a lot of amusement from the "interesting" things some people are doing on all these new maps.

Well, there goes the button combo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

are seriously calling it mason jumping

Ghandi Hopping

Strongsiding

Mason Jumping

I don't see the issue

• Upvote (+1) 4

are seriously calling it mason jumping

Ghandi Hopping

Strongsiding

Mason Jumping

I don't see the issue

So was is Neighbor or Aries who found it out?

So was is Neighbor or Aries who found it out?

Neighbor. Word of mouth says he is leagues above everyone at the studio, unnaturally so.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ghandi Hopping

Strongsiding

Mason Jumping

I don't see the issue

Sudd Sliding

Cause you need to be all sudsed up after a bath to slide like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yup, with that breakout clip, well see this gone before forge even arrives

Gandhi Hoping and Strongsiding because those players used those techniques in tournament play and it become associated with them.

mason jumping has no history

its not a big deal so whatever.

• Downvote (-1) 1