Sign in to follow this  
logan

Halo 5 – Slide Boosting Trick

I didn't think to use this on Breakout... wow, the ramps are all seem tailor made for this trick.

Fast falling will probably be especially useful on Gambol.

I didn't think to use this on Breakout... wow, the ramps are all seem tailor made for this trick.

Fast falling will probably be especially useful on Gambol.

And Altitude

And Altitude

Yup definitely, keep forgetting that its in the competitive settings.

Slide Boosting is going to be amazing on both Red/Blue Main Ramp AND the Flag Ramp, and the verticality is going to make Fast Falling insanely good for both escape and chasing.

In fact, I hadn't thought about using Fast Fall to chase opponents until just now. So much potential.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is exactly the type of the depth that I thought Halo 5 would lack with its abilities. Fast falling and boost sliding look awkward animation wise, which makes me strongly assume it wasn't an intended feature, but it's the feature that needs to stay in my opinion to give this game more depth. The jump from nest to blue on plaza really stands out as a great way to quickly move to block that route or spawn for them, and keep them in garden.

I can't really see anything really deep coming out of ground pound and hover combinations other than accessing higher areas. I was wrong about a mechanic like this though and hope we continue to find more. One thing I thought of was that if this mechanic becomes a very big focus of gameplay, we could really see forge maps that really focuses on this.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The jump from nest to blue on plaza really stands out as a great way to quickly move to block that route or spawn for them, and keep them in garden.

I can't really see anything really deep coming out of ground pound and hover combinations other than accessing higher areas. I was wrong about a mechanic like this though and hope we continue to find more.

One thing I thought of was that if this mechanic becomes a very big focus of gameplay, we could really see forge maps that really focuses on this.

Split up the three ideas

Yeah, the Nest-Café jump on Plaza is pretty awesome because you are in a notably bad position if you fail the button combo. You usually will land on Garbage Truck or in the street and will have to Clamber or move back to Nest and waste a valuable amount of time. I think the risk-reward is pretty appropriate and it'll be interesting to see it in competitive play.

I think Ground Pound and Stabilizers aren't even close to being used in full effect by the Pro's yet. Mason Jumping can be used to nearly triple the distance of a standard thrust jump, you can traverse an entire map (Rockets to Top Mid on Coliseum for example) very quickly. That isn't even including things like Stalling, and Boost Jumping. I've seen Ninja and other Pros try to make the Red 1-Red Window Jump on Truth by just crouch jumping, but if you Stabilize the jump is SO easy to land, yet they are failing. This is one example and I'm positive that they aren't properly abusing these features as much as they can.

and yeah, it would be awesome to see a specific ramp put in outside of a map (think Pegasus' side jump, or the Rail Jump on The Rig) with a great positioning reward that required Slide Boosting to attain. Definitely want to see Forgers take advantage of this.

This is perfect.  They better not patch it out, if they were to make any change it would be so that this would also work if 'Maintain Sprint' is turned on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok here is a question... can you do this with flag?  I know you can't sprint with flag but can you toss the flag far enough in front of you to then sprint, do the manuever and pick up flag at the same time?  That shit would be hot but hard AF to pull off. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok here is a question... can you do this with flag? I know you can't sprint with flag but can you toss the flag far enough in front of you to then sprint, do the manuever and pick up flag at the same time? That shit would be hot but hard AF to pull off.

You can pick up the flag as you fly by, I did it in truth yesterday

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those slides look like easy ways to get your self killed. You slide so quick to one of the most open parts of the map.

It could be a great way to push or rush.

Those slides look like easy ways to get your self killed. You slide so quick to one of the most open parts of the map.

you do risky plays when players least expect it. Its why in 1 life games like SnD or Shadowrun, a very oppressive initial push can really mess the enemy up

I'm doing the fast fall in customs against my friends and they keep telling me to stop lagging and to fix my internet  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is the fast fall Infinity was referring to.

Damn, I thought he was talking about the ramps still.

I've been hording some knowledge, but I think it's time to share.

Here's something that makes this a whole lot easier.

Hold crouch + jump instead of just crouch after thrusting down a ramp. You'll gain a lot of speed, wherein you can tap jump to slingshot yourself.

Oh, and it's also the fast fall button combo.

Thank me later.

• Upvote (+1) 2