Oby

Installation 01: A fan-made Halo PC game

I can't really tell that much about it. And how can they do that without some type of copyright infringement? Can just any random person make a halo game and sell it? If so why are we not making our own Halo for Xbox One?

I can't really tell that much about it. And how can they do that without some type of copyright infringement? Can just any random person make a halo game and sell it? If so why are we not making our own Halo for Xbox One?

That's the thing. They aren't allowed to sell which is why they aren't. They are following Microsoft's Fair Use and Game Content Usage rules. This is legal

There are definitely some people on these forums that could help give the game competitive merit. Not confident I fall into that category, but its pretty cool that someone is making their own halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That moment when you realize that there is a company, that is so incompetent,  they refuse to release normal games for a platform where demand for their game is so high, multiple groups of people are creating multiple different freeware imitations and emulations of the company's titles.

• Upvote (+1) 9

That moment when you realize that their is a company, that is so incompetent,  they refuse to release normal games for a platform where demand for your game is so high, multiple groups of people are creating multiple different freeware imitations and emulations of the company's titles.

Microtransactions for Halo Online in Russia, microtransactions for Halo 5 in the rest of the world. 

Moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney

• Upvote (+1) 2

Microtransactions for Halo Online in Russia, microtransactions for Halo 5 in the rest of the world. 

Moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney

At least Halo 5's aren't automatically P2W

That's the thing. They aren't allowed to sell which is why they aren't. They are following Microsoft's Fair Use and Game Content Usage rules. This is legal

Which also means that no one can make any money off of anything related to the game. T-shirts with Installation-01? Not for sale. Posters? Not for sale. Absolutely no money of any kind in any way related to the product.

But hey its free for the PC and 343 is out of the equation.

So who is behind this? What web presence do they have? 

Which also means that no one can make any money off of anything related to the game. T-shirts with Installation-01? Not for sale. Posters? Not for sale. Absolutely no money of any kind in any way related to the product.

And they acknowledge that they're not in it for money in the description. They're in it for their love of halo and portfolio building.

Theoretically, they could get approval from MS to sell merchandise(see Red vs Blue), but a web series is a lot different than an actual game

Would it be possible to essentially recreate Halo 1 using "fair game content use" and put it on Xbox for free? Or would Microsoft probably not approve of its listing on Live?

I like how they're making a Halo-ish game for the PC, but why restrict themselves to the Halo aesthetics? Why not make an arena game based on Halo instead so they can have more creative freedom?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Project Contengency is using the Cry engine, which is simply the GOAT for graphic rendering. The videos I have seen thus far of this one seems sub par, but I don't know what engine they are using. What amazes me is the MP feature that both groups have been putting together. That is the most difficult. (Campaign is tedious - very long, lots and lots of scripting - but it is easy.)

This game uses the unity 5 engine apparently. The running animation is currently a little lolsy but I'd play anything instead of H5. promod version anyone?

This game uses the unity 5 engine apparently. The running animation is currently a little lolsy but I'd play anything instead of H5. promod version anyone?

That was my guess. Unity uses c# for scripting which can be far more rapid development. It's a nice engine to work with. But Cry....

If they add in the CE magnum I'd be down. It looks pretty fun from the trailer, but it's just an AR fest like H5 lol.

This is actually cool to see, to me it just looks like a crude version of H3PC, but hey I dont hate that idea. As far as the competitve side of things if the game picks up some steam the competitive side will develop along side it. No need to force it, a lot of people are looking for something outside of H5 and this might just fill the gap.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks decent, definitely needs to be developed more but I'm pretty impressed with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ha! This was what I was planning on doing about a year ago. Glad someone else decided to actually commit to it! Although, I think the idea to actually use the Halo name is a real limiting factor. Probably would have been better to just to rip off the mechanics and not the name, that way you could actually sell it, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH8vGqWNiIE

Ended while working on a button combo system. It was a ton of fun fun to work on, but I realized it could never sell. Oh well

A few Halo fans have apparently been working on a Halo PC game for a year or so. It is still very crude, but perhaps someone would like to get involved - for example to try and help them make it competitive. I'll let the newly published teaser trailer speak for itself:

0149cbb384.png

Pre-Alpha guys, lets be real. Long way to go.

Everyone here does know about Halo Online ElDorito right?

I don't want to break any rules, so if there is a problem with posting it please let me know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/

https://halowiki.llf.to/index.php?title=Main_Page

It's basically a early release of Halo Online for Russia that is being drastically tweaked to remove the microtransations, build mod tools to create new maps/assets/etc for community driven content, custom game browsers, and so on. It's still relatively crude but pretty awesome work honestly. I wish more people would go play it.

Biggest problem it has IMO is that you currently would most likely host matches from your PC which requires opening firewall ports and exposing you to attacks. You sort of need to know what your doing to protect your network if you are doing this for a public server and not just locking it to a private lobby for friends. Although if you wanted to I'm sure you could fire it up on a rented VPS server (like minecraft users do).

Everyone here does know about Halo Online ElDorito right?

I don't want to break any rules, so if there is a problem with posting it please let me know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/

https://halowiki.llf.to/index.php?title=Main_Page

It's basically a early release of Halo Online for Russia that is being drastically tweaked to remove the microtransations, build mod tools to create new maps/assets/etc for community driven content, custom game browsers, and so on. It's still relatively crude but pretty awesome work honestly. I wish more people would go play it.

Biggest problem it has IMO is that you currently would most likely host matches from your PC which requires opening firewall ports and exposing you to attacks. You sort of need to know what your doing to protect your network if you are doing this for a public server and not just locking it to a private lobby for friends. Although if you wanted to I'm sure you could fire it up on a rented VPS server (like minecraft users do).

I'm going to assume there's no ranking system? If not than i'll pass.

I remember getting H2V back in 08 excited to rank up and come to find out it had stupid custom game browsers and 70% of the games were swords. When it comes to Halo, PC community is an absolute joke. 

Edit: Eww no... There's sprint and ugly ass 3v4i guns in it especially those vomit inducing hit markers. Definitely passing on that abomination -- no wonder no one plays it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1