valaea

Rank All Halo Multiplayer Experiences on 1-10 Scale

Halo CE: 9/10

H2: 8/10

H3 8/10

Halo Reach: 7.5/10.......Thought this game was beautiful NBNS, and the grenade launcher :((((

H4: -10,000/10 (Yes you read that right, that's a negative 10,000)

MCC: 6/10

H5: 7/10 

Halo 1: 4

Halo 2: 8

Halo 3:9

Halo 4: 5

Halo Reach: 4

Halo 5:9

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 10

H1: 10/10.  

Played LANs, local tournaments in high school, all through college, PC, MCC before H5, and still a few times a month to this day.  Forget Halo specifically, there never has been and most likely never will be another video game that feels this fluid and natural for me.  Also my biggest Halo claim to fame, my doubles partner and I were up on Roy and Lunchbox in Beyond's 2v2 MCC CE tournament in a game of Chill Out for a bit.  Lost to them in the end, but felt good to force them to sweat a bit :)

I had no idea that Roy, and Lunch could do damage in CE.

Great post by the way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Great post by the way.

Actually it was interesting, their ridiculous gunskill and teamwork got them to 3rd or 4th place in the CE 2v2 tourney and then they lost (though not by a lot) to OG players, I think Wubby / Toxin or someone like that.  I remember watching Roy's stream and he mentioned wanting to learn the H1 spawn system lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Actually it was interesting, their ridiculous gunskill and teamwork got them to 3rd or 4th place in the CE 2v2 tourney and then they lost (though not by a lot) to OG players, I think Wubby / Toxin or someone like that.  I remember watching Roy's stream and he mentioned wanting to learn the H1 spawn system lol

Well, they are twins, and irregardless of what anyone says, I'm convinced that twins have a unique advantage in any 2v2 setting. I just thought they were Halo 2 kids, no way they just picked up Halo CE, practiced for a week, and placed well in tournament play. No it's not 2004, but some of these current CE players are disgusting, and have been playing for over a decade.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Great post by the way.

It's funny, Ogre 2 was apparently giving them crap because their map sense was pretty low.  In Chilly we got up on them by doubling up on Ovie and getting two clutch rocket and camo spawns in a row.  Our second game was dammy which they knew a bit better, and really comes down to top/green control, and the two of them have such god like aim that not being perfect on the timings didn't matter as much as it would for any other random two.

And thanks, I could write a book on Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Love the people downvoting just because they disagree.

Yup lol, sheep mentality, just because I didn't 10/10 Halo CE, when it's talking about multiplayer experience Halo CE is objectively inferior which is why I voted it so low (No matchmaking, no ranks, little to no player customization)
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 12

H1: 9 

Honestly wanna give it a 10 cuz still not sick of it to this day, but no game is perfect I guess...right?

H2: 9

Same reason as Halo 1 but 4v4

H3: 7

Had some weird issues like BR, but never got sick of it and maps were all fun and stood out. 

HR: 6

Bloom, too much Forge, abilities, introduction of sprint, but the dev maps were still fun, Invasion, had some redeeming qualities regardless. 

H4: 2

I just had no fun playing this game, nor did my friends. Felt like it completely disregarded the rest of the franchise. First Halo I stopped playing.

H5: 4-5

Has key features of old Halo (pick ups, same starts,etc) but still feels so weird cuz sprint, and the maps are made around abilities. I don't even mind the abilities in theory, but because of those and how the maps are built to support everything, it does still feel like i'm playing a different game than past favorites. I do think it's "technically" a decent evolution to Halo 3 and the series...what Halo 4 should have been...but I still just want old style Halo. Even the ADS I actually like, but again doesn't feel as cool as the old scope and getting knocked out of it for me. I love that they brought the pistol back tho, I loved shooting a pistol in Halo. May have also dropped a point because Halo 4 made all my friends stop playing Halo which was a feature of multiplayer I enjoyed lol. 

Even the armor was a lot more memorable and cool up until Halo 4. There's so many armor permutations now, and they all kinda look bland and similar to me with slight variations...idk that alone takes something small away from what made multiplayer so cool. The Hayabusa armor alone gets Halo 3 a point lol. Even campaign had an effect on multiplayer for me, but campaign has gone downhill as well and it doesn't have that Master Chief connection to it anymore. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Love the people downvoting just because they disagree.

There's no need for double standards. If people are allowed to upvote a post that they agree with then they should be allowed to downvote a post that they disagree with. People that point out that other people are just downvoting a post because they disagree with said post are just as immature as the people they're trying to condemn for downvoting posts. I would prefer if people would just respond to posts that they disagree with and explain why they disagree with it instead of just simply downvoting said post to show their disapproval but that doesn't mean that I'm going to point them out and try to publicly shame them for downvoting posts that they disagree with.

• Upvote (+1) 6

H1: 10/10.  

Played LANs, local tournaments in high school, all through college, PC, MCC before H5, and still a few times a month to this day.  Forget Halo specifically, there never has been and most likely never will be another video game that feels this fluid and natural for me.  Also my biggest Halo claim to fame, my doubles partner and I were up on Roy and Lunchbox in Beyond's 2v2 MCC CE tournament in a game of Chill Out for a bit.  Lost to them in the end, but felt good to force them to sweat a bit :)

What was your tag? I remember them playing B-Fir3 and C-Fir3 then they might have ended up playing Soulja and Hali, who went on to beat I believe was Mando + Toxin in the finals.

Well, they are twins, and irregardless of what anyone says, I'm convinced that twins have a unique advantage in any 2v2 setting. I just thought they were Halo 2 kids, no way they just picked up Halo CE, practiced for a week, and placed well in tournament play. No it's not 2004, but some of these current CE players are disgusting, and have been playing for over a decade.

To clarify on Roy+Lunchbox entering the 2v2. Massive respect to them for doing it. I can't see any other current pros actually entering the tournament if there was another today which really sucks. Especially when most have a somewhat oblivious opinion on 2v2's deep meta game.

I can't remember if they signed up before or after I tweeted them, but when I tweeted them I linked to my 2v2 spawn and meta game thread. They said something along the lines of they appreciated it but they think they were good for the tournament and for multiple rounds they were correct.

Then they faced Soulja and Hali which from a spectator perspective, looked like an eye opening experience for the twins. I don't think any of the games went over 20 kills for RoyBox, but I kinda forget. I really wish there was some film, but I haven't looked. I think there might be something from Soulja's POV.

again, massive props for them entering the tournament. they could have lost first round 0-50 and I still would respect them for trying.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What was your tag? I remember them playing B-Fir3 and C-Fir3 then they might have ended up playing Soulja and Hali, who went on to beat I believe was Mando + Toxin in the finals.

Same as my beyond name, AutomatousBeing, my partner was Pukovsky.  We got a bye first round and faced them for our first match.  Was unfortunate, apparently there was a lot of poor competition or kids in over their heads, and I'm 100% confident we could have placed far higher up.  But, fucking way she goes boys, and besides, it was fun to play them and shoot the shit for a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's no need for double standards. If people are allowed to upvote a post that they agree with then they should be allowed to downvote a post that they disagree with. People that point out that other people are just downvoting a post because they disagree with said post are just as immature as the people they're trying to condemn for downvoting posts. I would prefer if people would just respond to posts that they disagree with and explain why they disagree with it instead of just simply downvoting said post to show their disapproval but that doesn't mean that I'm going to point them out and try to publicly shame them for downvoting posts that they disagree with.

Honestly, I think the whole voting system is pretty bad. All it does is discourage opposing viewpoints and encourage herd mentality. IMO upvotes should be reserved for quality posts with insightful discussion and downvotes should only be used on posts of little value. Since this is literally a thread dedicated to posting numerical ratings of games his post was no worse than any other post here. However, people will still just downvote whatever they disagree regardless of if it's a good post or not.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I sincerely wish upvotes/downvotes for posts weren't on TB ... it's toxic and useless, and leads to groupthink / whoring for rep (lazy memes).  It's just as useless on Reddit, same principle there; threads should be upvote-able, maybe, but not posts

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Great post by the way.

Wait, when was this tourney? Was it streamed? Any footage on YouTube?

This was a while back, last year sometime.  Not sure how far back Roy and Lunchboxes past broadcasts go on twitch, but one of them was definitely streaming.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This was a while back, last year sometime.  Not sure how far back Roy and Lunchboxes past broadcasts go on twitch, but one of them was definitely streaming.

Roy was streaming, also EG put out a hilarious compilation video of their experience ... pretty epic lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

H1: 7.  Only ever played it with friends.  But had a blast still. Never got too nerdy with it.

H2: 8. My introduction to a bigger MP world.  I didn't enjoy the lag online much in certain situations, but Lan was amazing.  Had so much fun going to events.

H3: 7. Enjoyed the maps, and the sniping.  But I wish the BR stayed the same.  I felt like if the BR was tighter it could've been the absolute best after tweaks to competitive settings.

HR: 6. The aiming always felt so fucking jank to me.  Like going back and playing h2/3, those games felt much smoother moving my reticle around.  I always felt like I was in a sensitivity crisis because everything felt so jerky.  I didn't even mind the bloom sometimes, it was always how the game felt at the sticks that made me dislike it.

H4:  4.  At the time, I wasn't down with having to be forced to install the game to my hard drive.  I understand this is pretty much the route all games took in the future, but at that time I hated it.  Didn't hate the weapons so much, but everything felt weird aesthetically.  I hated the map design and colors.  Thought throwing/catching the oddball was cool. 

MCC:  Trashcan.  Tried to play it over a friends house after some of the 'problems' were fixed.  Mainly played h1 because Vista is garbage and I didn't want to deal with dodgers in 4v4s trying to get specific maps/games.

H2A:  4.  I didn't mind it, but just couldn't get into it.

H5:  Yet to play.  Got a ps4 instead of an XB1

Roybox were knocked out 4th or 5th round by Soulja. My partner and I lost to bfir3 and cfir3 by one goddamn kill in the deciding game or we would have been against the brothers.

Props to them for proving aimskill is so paramount in CE. They knew little about the meta but still stomped some 12 year vets in that tournament because their aim skill is off the charts. But then they went against soulja and hali and got stomped which proved how large the skillgap is if you do know the meta and have the skill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't mind the rep system because for the most part the best most insightful posters get their posts tagged as popular for some good reads. I don't have a problem with someone responding with a meme and getting 5-15 rep if it was a very appropriate response and funny.

Swan deserves neg rep for saying something so dumb as no ranks or matchmaking and all that shit makes CE worse than 4. Apparently being one of the greatest competitive games ever and one of the first LANnable console titles means nothing. Saying online is objectively superior is false as well. LANs are better for consistent play and tons of people LANned and still LAN Halo 1 because there is no easy alternative like online play. People actually have incentive to hang out and get a bunch of Xboxes together and have a good time instead of sitting in their basements by themselves with no split screen playing on shitty connections. And Halo 4 didn't have ranks at launch.

But if you're going to compare every Halo to 2016 technical standards then you should consider the MCC port and Halo PC which do allow online play with ranks and despite some minor issues are still miles better than Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't mind the rep system because for the most part the best most insightful posters get their posts tagged as popular for some good reads. I don't have a problem with someone responding with a meme and getting 5-15 rep if it was a very appropriate response and funny.

Swan deserves neg rep for saying something so dumb as no ranks or matchmaking and all that shit makes CE worse than 4. Apparently being one of the greatest competitive games ever and one of the first LANnable console titles means nothing. Saying online is objectively superior is false as well. LANs are better for consistent play and tons of people LANned and still LAN Halo 1 because there is no easy alternative like online play. People actually have incentive to hang out and get a bunch of Xboxes together and have a good time instead of sitting in their basements by themselves with no split screen playing on shitty connections. And Halo 4 didn't have ranks at launch.

But if you're going to compare every Halo to 2016 technical standards then you should consider the MCC port and Halo PC which do allow online play with ranks and despite some minor issues are still miles better than Halo 4.

I second this point exactly, but it was the "sheep mentality" comment that also caused me drop the neg. I mean, really? smh. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1