Halo CE: 9.5

Halo 2: 9

Halo 3: 7.5

Halo Reach Vanilla: 6

Halo Reach ZBNS: 8.5

Halo 4: 5

H2A: 7

Halo 5: 5

It's shit like this that makes me die a little inside when I read one of your posts.

i've already peeped his agenda from day 1....

Mmm right, god forbid I have a different opinion than opinion than other people. In fact I only posted in this thread to see this happen to all the CE diehards. 

KAJCag.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

h1 - 9.9/10

h2 - 8/10

h3 - 7/10

default reach - 5/10

v7 reach - 8/10

h4 - 3/10

h5 - 5/10

Stop copying me :holmes:

Mmm right, god forbid I have a different opinion than opinion than other people. In fact I only posted in this thread to see this happen to all the CE diehards. 

KAJCag.gif

some of your opinions are down right silly....it is what it is. The day when h1 can be rated the same as h4 means you have lost your god damn mind...or just need more schooling on greatness...

• Upvote (+1) 1

some of your opinions are down right silly....it is what it is. The day when h1 can be rated the same as h4 means you have lost your god damn mind...or just need more schooling on greatness...

H4 Vanilla is a complete mess, but Legendary/V4 cleaned up that mess into something that was presentable, and I'm just not a fan of CE. I respect CE's gameplay and think its one of the best Arena shooters of all time but I don't enjoy playing it, simple as that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE - 9

it would be a 10 if the big team was a bit better and the vehicles weren't so awkward. Some aspects of the game haven't aged too well such as the jumping

Halo 2 - 8

Probably the best movement mechanics in the series, the way which you can cancel animations and YY quickly, make it one of my favorite halo titles. The button combos go a long way to saving the game but the poor sandbox and auto aim really hurt it

Halo 3 - 9

Biggest flaws being the BR spread and poor strafing. The weapon sandbox was unique but altogether poorly balanced again. Big team was the best in the series though, and had amazing maps. Overall such a solid and well rounded game

Vanilla Reach - 4

Probably the worst halo game. Atrocious maps, poor strafing/ jumping/ punching/ everything really. Nades were heavy, every gun was easy too use. The only redeeming MP component were all the gametypes and the grenade launcher.

Reach v7 - 6

Better, but still awkward. Movement was faster but strafing is still atrocious. Melee still clunky. Jumping still strange. Guns still easy to use.

Halo 4 - 4.5

Mechanically the game was much better than Reach. Movement felt a little better, melees were okay I guess, guns were all pretty strong, but also redundant. It was all the other bullshit that dragged it down like Sprint/ loadouts/ ordnance etc. Terrible maps, but not as bad as Reach.

H2a - lol 4

Just a watered down dumb version of halo 2 with unbelievable auto aim and huge aim assistance

Halo 5 - 6.5

Good gunplay. Aiming so far, is so atrocious it's indescribable. They went the low AA High BM route, I wish they went the opposite. Gears has high aim assist and practically 0 BM and it works much better. Also the worst weapon balance of any halo game so far. Maps are generic but at least they work. With more maps, an actual btb, auto nerfs, and unranked playlists it could be an 8.

Note that I'm not a graphics/modern features whore - you may consider this "nostalgia goggles" if you like.

Halo 1: 9.0

Great atmosphere, perfect balance, first FPS to have vehicles, and did them perfectly. :)

Might've gotten a 9.5 or 10 if it had been online (a game so epic suffers in splitscreen), but...

Halo 2: 5.5

Very mechanical gameplay. Maps don't have an open feeling, and weapon balance is trash. Only saving grace is the core "Halo formula" being playable online (people only have fond memories of this because of the pre-release hysteria combined with one of the few decent online FPSes available on consoles at the time).

Halo 3: 7.0

Much "free-er" feeling than Halo 2, though the maps are too big, and close-combat feels very clunky. Good for awhile, but doesn't last. Swell weapon variety, though.

Reach (pre-patch): 6.5

If you take out the fun, but overpowered (and as a result overused) armour abilities, the core gameplay is actually pretty good. Has a touch of that Halo 1 tactical vibe on offer. However, the maps are the absolute worst that I've ever played in any AAA FPS. No freedom, every match plays the same, and there's no colour anywhere. Firefight, Generator Defense, and the replay value afforded by Forge World help to fill things out, but there's no magic, the game fails to click, and as a result burnout comes a lot sooner than you'd expect from a project of this scale.

MCC: 2.5 - obvious reasons.

I haven't played Reach post-patch, 4, or 5.

P.S. Perfect Dark (original Nintendo 64 version): 10! ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

CE: 9

CE MCC: 7 :(

Halo 2 postP: 6.5

Halo 3: 8.5

Halo Reach: 5

Halo Reach v7: 8

(Halo Reach Gold Pro: 9)

Halo 4: 6

Halo 4Turbo: 7.5

Halo 5: 7.5

I'm rating based on the funness and addicting nature of the overall MP. Some are rated higher because of gameplay (CE). Some because of features and variety (Halo 3). This is not how much each game is competetively viable and has nothing to do with the skillgap.

CE - 7.0

2v2 is very good but 4v4 has some questionable spawns and the vehicles feel a bit crap in BTB. Movement also feels fairly janky.

H2 - 8.0

Great 4v4 and BTB, maps were good, fixed the janky movement and vehicles from CE. All in all a great game. SMG starts though...

H3 - 9.0

Yes the movement feels super slow, the BR is kinda shitty and the rest of the weapons suck. But I just had so much fun playing this game, the maps were pretty great, BTB was awesome, customs were fantastic.

Reach - 6.5

Fairly meh. Maps weren't great, bloom and armour lock sucked. However customs were very good and forge world was awesome.

H4 (MCC) - 7.5

H4 at launch was pretty poor, the changes they made as well as the new maps in the MCC playlist helped massively.

H5 - 8.5

Easily my favourite base gameplay in Halo. Movement feels so smooth and the gunplay is great. I also really like how the weapon sandbox is balanced, having more than one viable weapon (barring power weapons) really helps combat from feeling stale.

That said the lack of social playlists and gametypes is hurting it at the moment. Hopefully 343 keeps true to their sustain plan and we get lots more content. If they do I could see this becoming my favourite Halo.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Halo CE - 7

Halo 2 - 10

Halo 3 - 10

Default Reach - 5

MLG V7 Reach - 6

Halo 4 - 0

Halo 5 - 7

• Downvote (-1) 1

H1 - 8.5/10 (main things holding it back from 10 is the amount of snowballing kills off-spawn, jumping and the fact 4v4s are nowhere near as good as 2v2s)
H2 - 7/10 (maps were good, the rest just didn't age well)
H3 - 9.5/10 (all weapons except snipe were ass, but the overall experience around 2007-2009 was the peak of Halo to me. The game itself is a 7 or 8)
Reach - 8/10 (rated around Arena, NBNS and BTB. If Armor Lock and camo off-spawn is included, it drops to 5) 
H4 - 2/10
H2A - 4/10
H5 - 8/10 (waiting for automatics nerf, pistol buff, Forge and more modes to decide on that... has 9 to 9.5 potential to me)

• Upvote (+1) 1

CE: 6

H2: 7

H3: 8 (especially on LAN)

HR: 5 (v7)

H4: 1 (abomination)

H5: 8 (having just as much fun as h3, we will see about the longevity though).

• CE = 7.8/10 Running campaign <3
  • H2 =7.5/10 Running real life friends 2005 <3
  • H3 = 9/10 Running dubs 2009-2014 <3
  • Default Reach = -343/10
  • Reach v7  = 2/10 I played like two games of v7 so really idk.
  • Halo 4 = 4/10 Getting run by noobs <3
  • Halo 5 beta = 5.5/10
  • Halo 5 = Havent played

Enjoyment of competitive MP:

H1 - 8

H2 - 7

H3 - 6.5

Reach - 9

H4 - 3

H5 - lol didn't buy it

Enjoyment of overall game:

CE - 9.5

H2 - 7

H3 - 8

Reach - 9

H4 - 1

H5 - lol

H1 - 10 

H2 - 5

H3 - 2.5

Reach - only played for a week, cant really rate it. 

H4 - only played for a week, cant really rate it. 

H5 - Solid 5 for me now. Enjoying it. Feels like Halo again. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

CE: 9

Halo 2: 5 (bite me)

Halo 3: 6

Halo reach: 7

Halo 4: 3

Halo 2A: 4

Halo 5: 7 (so far)

• Downvote (-1) 1