Sign in to follow this  
Batchford

How to Improve H5 Arena

I know you're just playing with me but...

I think @@Droid said it best. Your host is the best player in Halo. Not that H5 has host, but depending on which country gets the server, the advantages can be huge.

And Just because you called me out, 1v1 right now. Halo Reach, the cage, jetpacks and rockets only.

You're on when its backwards compat.

100% bloom.

I know you're just playing with me but...

I think @@Droid said it best. Your host is the best player in Halo. Not that H5 has host, but depending on which country gets the server, the advantages can be huge.

And Just because you called me out, 1v1 right now. Halo Reach, the cage, jetpacks and rockets only.

@@Moa is a warzone scrub now. You should be able to take him.

You can stack powerups with static timers. Considering how strong Camo is in H5, it'd be completely unfair to the team that doesn't control it.

It wasn't a problem in Halo 1. Camo only lasts 45 seconds, and it's highly unlikely that a team would be able to delay the pickup long enough to get 2 camos at a time, This is assuming it's on something as short as a minute timer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fair enough, but these weapons have literally become the core of gameplay. Like, even the pro team have "adapted" and have now started crouching around with automatics in close range scenarios. I was speaking with Simms today about it and even he admitted that it was awkward to cast because of the amount of Auto use and crouching.

The Storm Rifle is just the best gun in the game, 2nd is SMG/Scatter and 3rd is AR. Pistol is literally low tier and it's touted as the "utility weapon"

The sandbox is fucked.

*cough* *cough* br *cough* cough* or a four shot pistol...

*cough* *cough* br *cough* cough* 

say something ridiculous like this again and I will break your keyboard by smacking you over the head with it

joking of course. I want a 4 shot Pistol so bad lol

Strongly Agree:

• Automatics need re-balanced
  • Remove Grenade Hitmarkers.
  • Teams of 4 should never match Solo Queuing players
  • Post Game stats are bare minimum
  • Show us who is on each person's team in a Pre Game
  • Team Doubles
  • More Custom game options.

Agree:

• Sniper has too much bullet magnetism
  • Matchmaking times at Onyx/Champion are too long. (personally I'm onyx in FFA, and never had an issue though)
  • Ranking Tweaks
  • Remove Breakout from Team Arena/HCS.

Disagree:

• Pistol buff to 4SK. (no need once AR is nerfed imo)
  • Static timers on Powerups (I like the system now, I think its a skill gap to control power up timer)
  • Reduce bullet mag across the board (I've never had any issues with bullet mag, this feels like a placebo effect for an enraged gamer who sucks (no offense))
  • Remove Radar from all Ranked playlists (This isn't MLG, radar needs to stay, it can be taken out for a E-Sports Playlist)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Disagree:

• Static timers on Powerups (I like the system now, I think its a skill gap to control power up timer)
  • Reduce bullet mag across the board (I've never had any issues with bullet mag, this feels like a placebo effect for an enraged gamer who sucks (no offense))
  • Remove Radar from all Ranked playlists (This isn't MLG, radar needs to stay, it can be taken out for a E-Sports Playlist)

I have played at least 200 games and I play at Champion level. 

Having a mix of Dynamic and Static timers is dumb. Also, go test the bullet mag on weapons in customs, and come back with your findings.

Disagree:

Niche weapons like the AR are not the only items that exist in Halo 5's sandbox. Power items such as OS and rockets also exist and the utility weapon(pistol) needs to be strong enough to empower individual players to be able to defend themselves from those power items. The utility weapon is suppose to help balance the weapon sandbox out. IMO buffing Halo 5's pistol is a must so that the weapon sandbox can be balanced. As of right now the payoff of using the pistol and the amount of skill it takes mastering it isn't proportionate enough. If players aren't being rewarded proportionately for mastering a skillful weapon then that said weapon needs some rebalancing.

If power-ups in Halo 5 are to remain on dynamic timers then they need to spawn more frequently to promote/encourage player movement and they need be put on the weapon pads like cookies4you suggested so that there's a in game timer for them. That way every player in the game is aware of when the power-ups are spawning. The power-up timers as right now for Halo 5 leads to snowball like game play with one team having cascading advantages because that team is denying the other team crucial information. Ideally for Halo 5 we should have one minute static timers for power-ups because of consistency and clarity.

The bullet magnetism needs be toned down. The game shouldn't be hand holding and coddling players just because it's a console FPS especially when it's being marketed as a competitive "E-Sports" game. 343 shouldn't make Halo 5 too much accessible for players or it will lose credibility of being a competitive game.

Do you really want radar in ranked playlists like team doubles? I mean come on even game types like swat and breakout don't even have radar in them and they are not even half as competitive as team doubles can be. IMO radar should only be in the social/casual unranked playlists. We don't need to be hand holding and coddling players that are playing ranked playlists. New players should embrace feeling uncomfortable while playing ranked playlists so they can challenge themselves to improve as competitive players. IMO having radar in a ranked playlist makes that playlist lose all of it's competitive merit and credibility.

Edit: IMO the only ranked playlists in the game should be FFA, team doubles, and Team Arena/HCS. The only ranked playlist that should have radar is FFA, the rest of the ranked playlists shouldn't have radar at all.

@@Moa is a warzone scrub now. You should be able to take him.

Faster to rank up if I lose or win :(

It wasn't a problem in Halo 1. Camo only lasts 45 seconds, and it's highly unlikely that a team would be able to delay the pickup long enough to get 2 camos at a time, This is assuming it's on something as short as a minute timer.

You could stack two people getting 1 overshield on some maps and it still wasn't that big of a deal in H1.

Disagree:

HCS is using the Team Arena playlist from everything we've seen and heard.  Radar should go in Team Arena 100% but it also should go in Slayer as well as FFA.  It's already taken out in SWAT and Breakout.. why is it in TA/Slayer?

Bringing this back up because people are clueless.

I never would have guessed people in a competitive Halo forum would be advocating for a slow killing utility weapon or radar. What has happened to Halo? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never would have guessed people in a competitive Halo forum would be advocating for a slow killing utility weapon or radar. What has happened to Halo?

I honestly have no idea. We have all these spartan abilities that people defend (thrust is the worst thing Halo has ever had IMO). Then radar is "good" now and the pistol is "fine as it is". Then we have rifles on the map that are just plain ridiculous. But the biggest biggest biggest problem is that damn automatics. Before the game came out I said the autos were too powerful. I got into so many arguments and no one believed me. After 1 game of arena I knew it was fucked. Yet people STILL DEFEND THEM. How can people honestly think the autos are balanced? Idk how many people I've argued with this week alone but I think people are just getting more stupid. Some people just shouldn't have their "opinions" held with any regard.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

HOW TO IMPROVE HALO 5 ARENA - FIX THE AIMING

Seriously though. That's another reason autos are so good. You can't aim for shit with a precision weapon I'm close range.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@@MultiLockOnMultiLockOn has been pushing some settings that fix the automatics without changing the rest of the sandbox.

As if 343 will actually have different settings for the tournaments or the Arena playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As if 343 will actually have different settings for the tournaments or the Arena playlist.

The changes are so minimalistic, I'm sure we can get the community to rally behind them.

The settings are literally identical except it weakens automatics. And changes BR and DMR to 7 body shot kill instead of 6. Bad players won't notice the difference, and good players will love it.

The settings are literally identical except it weakens automatics. And changes BR and DMR to 7 body shot kill instead of 6. Bad players won't notice the difference, and good players will love it.

You think that matters to 343?

It sounds amazing but I'm just not getting my hopes up for 343 to do any weapon balance updates honestly.