Sign in to follow this  
ThatTrueLegend

Best Apple Laptop for Music Production?

Looking to get into music production, I want to invest in an Apple laptop, but not sure which is the best on the market right now for that. Anybody have any recommendations? Or experiences?

...aren't all apple software exactly the same? 

So what you're looking for is the hardware specs? what is within your budget and can handle your requirements?

Looking to get into music production, I want to invest in an Apple laptop, but not sure which is the best on the market right now for that. Anybody have any recommendations? Or experiences?

A PC

• Upvote (+1) 2

there is literally zero reason to buy a mac laptop 

buy a pc, you'll get a more powerful laptop that cost less

unless of course you really really really want an apple, then just buy a mac book pro, they're all the same shit exceptfor screen size

if you give us a budget people will be able to recommend laptops

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is zero benefit to purchasing an Apple product versus a windows machine for music production. Your DAW is more important than anything else at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't mess with Windows 10 I think it's trash, and my current computer is a Windows XP and it's slow, and it's time to upgrade to something modern, but I want to upgrade to a laptop like I said, just because it's portable.

The most I'm willing to spend on a laptop is $1,500.

If you are set on a Macbook I'd get a pro. (though you can get a iMac 4k for $1500). 13 inch model will be fine, but I'd save just a little bit more and get the quad core 15 inch MBPs. If you are a student you can use the student store and drop a hundred bucks or so from the total cost.

I don't mess with Windows 10 I think it's trash, and my current computer is a Windows XP and it's slow, and it's time to upgrade to something modern, but I want to upgrade to a laptop like I said, just because it's portable.

You can still buy Windows 7 and use that.

Have you used windows 10 yet?

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol this guy just say Windows 10 is trash? wow

He does have a point. Everything in OSX looks metallic, and you recycle metals instead of throwing them in the trash.

• Upvote (+1) 1