Sign in to follow this  
Swerve City 13

Looking for Pro/Semi-pro to "coach" me for about an hour. Can pay too.

Basically.....I have been playing Halo for 13 years. Between all the Halo games I have played surely at least 30,000 online matches.

I am definitely an above average player but I want to become better than that. In all my years of playing Halo I never learned to be a team player. I would even run away from my team just to find the enemy quicker to try to get kills. I want to step my game up a notch now though but I am not sure where I am making mistakes. I have read a lot of tips and have tried to implement them but I don't feel myself getting much better.

What I want is someone that is very good at Halo with some serious competitive experience in the past to spend an hour in party chat ansd theater with me and watch a couple of my matches and tell me what I did wrong, what I did right, what I could have done better and most importantly *why*. I have tried watching videos of my bad games and other than chasing kills, I can not seem to point out what I could have done better in terms of teamwork and position.

Against Mid-level Diamond players and up I have a really difficult time deciding where I should go that benefits me and my team without dying. simply following a teammate isn't always a good idea. Positioning yourself to support them is. The better players I face I notice that a lot of my deaths are not from losing 1v1s but rather deaths from players where I am not exactly sure where they were, or by the time I get to cover another enemy is coming at me with full shields. I know a team of 4 that communicates will solve some of my issues but I either find people not nearly as good as me that make basic mistakes often, or I party with people much better than me and eventually have a terrible game and the party breaks up.

Anyways...TLDR......I want to be a better Halo player. I am looking for a great player to watch my gameplay videos with me while we talk and explain to me my mistakes, why they were mistakes and what I could have done better. In the process you might see fundamental flaws in my play that can be fixed. I can pay $15-$20 for an hour of your time. With Christmas coming up (I have two daughters) I would be very appreciative of someone that would help me for free but I understand time is very valuable. Swerve City 13 is my Gamertag on Xbox Live. Message on here or on XBL if you would be willing to help me out :) Thanks!

watch pro streams. you can learn a lot from there

you can message the pros directly to see any of them might be interested.

I'd also suggest watching pro streams and looking to pick up tips and the intricacies there. I would assume that most pros and other players are pretty busy grinding the game and wouldn't have the free time to help you, even if you did offer to pay. I could be wrong about that, but you can also sub to certain pros who host sub matches or play with their subs often.

I'd also suggest checking these out. He's also most likely to busy to analyze your gameplay, but here's a bunch of other analysis of pro gameplay.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/9714-tiberiusaudley-gameplay-breakdowns/ 

Without fileshare, how does one go about watching your gameplay?  Genuinely curious, not being a smartass.

One thing that might help a surprising amount with your teamwork when playing with a party...saying what you're doing.  Sounds simple, but when you actually verbalize your intentions, you may find that your actions take on more purpose.  And its way easier for your teammates to play off of you.

If you're solo que and no one is talking, it sounds to me like you are not paying much attention to your teammate arrows (where they are, what their status is).  Knowing where all 3 of your teammates are will help you make a better decision on where you need to be, and what you should be supporting.  I can tell you from personal experience, when you solo que, its a lot less frustrating to support whatever your teammates are doing than it is to do your thing and expect support from them.  Most people are unreliable, and you can't expect proper help from randoms.  So focus on being the guy who gives good help for them.  It's a good way to keep some measure of control in a situation that is largely out of your hands.

I'm nothing great at H5 yet (don't have much time put in so far), but I've done gameplay reviews in the past, and I'd be happy to take a look at your gameplay and give my thoughts.  I just don't know how you would deliver it to me.

Without fileshare, how does one go about watching your gameplay?  Genuinely curious, not being a smartass.

Add to friends list, spectate game.  Watch game all the way through, then until you close it you can keep rewatching it like a theatre film.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Add to friends list, spectate game.  Watch game all the way through, then until you close it you can keep rewatching it like a theatre film.

Does spectating work well in this game? Isn't it glitchy and off-timed most of the time?

Does spectating work well in this game? Isn't it glitchy and off-timed most of the time?

It's not too bad. For this purpose it would definitely be sufficient.

It's like a minute behind and the reticule isn't on but it can help with map movement/spawn prediction

You sit through their entire game, reset to start, then have them open the film.

Discuss the film in Skype call or over Curse Voice or over Discord.  Whatever.

Add all the pro player gamertags you can find. Then spectate them.

You can add people like ogre2, but his privacy is set so you cannot spectate him. But if you add his teammates and people he plays with, you can start spectator mode off them, then switch to ogre2 if he's in the game.

Add all the pro player gamertags you can find. Then spectate them.

You can add people like ogre2, but his privacy is set so you cannot spectate him. But if you add his teammates and people he plays with, you can start spectator mode off them, then switch to ogre2 if he's in the game.

OGRE 2 Has all of his past broadcasts on twitch too available to watch :)

Thank you everyone for the replies. First and foremost, the gameplay breakdown videos by TiberiusAudley are absolutely fantastic. I watch all the Halo 5 ones and a few older ones before I played last night and I was noticeably better. I was the last person to die in my very first game. Ended up going 17-1 against players of my skill level. TiberiusAudley is getting a donation from me somehow when I get paid next week. I very much appreciate your work and look forward to more videos! 

Next thing, I have decided I am not going to pay for any coachings. I have received replies in PM, on XBL and on this thread of people that would check out my gameplay for free. It's nice to know people are willing to do that. I had no problem paying because time is valuable especially for higher level players but I think I can get better without paying :)

Finally, thank you everyone for all the tips. This thread can be closed if needed.