Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Astro A40 Set $149.99

Astro is selling Refurbished Sets of 2013 A40 Audio System sets for $149.99 with Free shipping and a 1year warranty.  Don't know if this is the right place for it, but figured this could help someone out! :)  I think it's only available for a few days as well!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Refurbished-Astro-Gaming-A40-Wired-Audio-System-2013-Ed-White-w-MixAmp-Pro/151055507120?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item232b9c1eb0

• Upvote (+1) 4

well since I won't be buying a xbone till h5, ill probably buy a pair tomorrow. Been wanting to buy some but they are not worth the nearly $400 they costs to buy and ship to Canada. $150 is a solid price.

I just ordered one. I figure I won't be buying an XB1 until the next Halo comes out since that's all I really play. So that's at least a year most likely, and by then they'll either have an adapter OR Astro said they might do a trade-in or discount program for people with the a40. 

I'm from the UK... do they ship to us??

Edit

They don't :(, how ever I would happily pay an extra $20 and also pay shipping to a trusted Admin/staff member of the forum if they would allow me to ship to them and then send it off to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just ordered one. I figure I won't be buying an XB1 until the next Halo comes out since that's all I really play. So that's at least a year most likely, and by then they'll either have an adapter OR Astro said they might do a trade-in or discount program for people with the a40. 

Any links on this? I don't want to buy this and then not be able to get something out of it for Xbox one

From this page

Regarding whether our current ASTRO products will work with the new XBox One and PlayStation 4, based on further dialog at E3, here’s what we can share at this time:

RE: PlayStation 4. Should work fine with our current products, but we’ll confirm in the coming weeks.

RE: Xbox One.  We’re working closely with Xbox to create the best ASTRO audio solution. 

For either or both systems, we may provide an upgrade path to our customers who purchased earlier this year or maybe even a trade-in program, but that decision is still to be determined. 

To be clear, we are in discussions with both Sony and Microsoft to secure the required next-generation licenses to develop new licensed products for both the PS4 and Xbox One. But we’re not rushing anything to market – we’re going through our proprietary design process; getting input from our pro teams and industry experts, to ensure that products by ASTRO will produce the best game audio and voice-com experience for our customers and eSports teams, worldwide.

We’ll do our best to keep you updated.Thanks for your continued support of ASTRO!

Thanks, but this is hook line and sinker for them. I'll just buy a cheap headset and wait for more details about the xbox one

I wish I would of waited a week now I just bought the mixamp by itself for that price. :bravo:

I hope there's at least an adapter of some sort.

I bought mine earlier this year, a 2013 mixamp and headset, though I still use my 2012 mixamp. Currently have a reserve on a PS4, so it's good to hear that headsets will probably work with the console. I'll be getting an XBO when the next Halo comes out, so hopefully a fix will come out for it by then.