Sign in to follow this  
Hymae

Microsoft on Halo 5, Halo 2 Anniversary

It really seems like this isn't going to be Halo 5...even with all the small hits int he teaser pointing to it being the events following Halo 4.....but just the way this article talks about it doesn't seem like they want to call it H5.

My God what the hell are they doing im so confused :quinn:

I know right. The whole article was like talking about things they don't want to talk about lol.

Basically, they're trying to keep everything ambiguous. I wonder if this is some kind of segway for them to get back to classic mechanics. Not officially announcing the game as a sequel to Halo 4 would allow for 343 to backtrack on all their mistakes

Basically, they're trying to keep everything ambiguous. I wonder if this is some kind of segway for them to get back to classic mechanics. Not officially announcing the game as a sequel to Halo 4 would allow for 343 to backtrack on all their mistakes

Even if they go back to classic mechanics they have to continue the story from halo 4. 

I find it hard to believe there will be two Halo games on the same console next year. Maybe H2: Anniversary could be a 360 game?

I find it hard to believe there will be two Halo games on the same console next year. Maybe H2: Anniversary could be a 360 game?

As do I.  That would mean their team at 343 would have to have tripled most likely.  With the making of the mobile game, Halo: Spartan Assault, and now the work on the new Halo TV Series, Halo (5), and possibility of Halo 2 Anniversary.........they need a huge huge team.

What did I even read? Phil Spencer strategically said nothing. He successfully formed sentences, but said nothing.

I don't even know what to say. That left me more in the dark than before.

Why announce that you're making a trilogy then suddenly become hush-hush about everything?

• Upvote (+1) 3

As do I.  That would mean their team at 343 would have to have tripled most likely.  With the making of the mobile game, Halo: Spartan Assault, and now the work on the new Halo TV Series, Halo (5), and possibility of Halo 2 Anniversary.........they need a huge huge team.

Spartan Assault was made by Vanguard Gaming, not 343. The development for the TV series has not started yet, probably basic storyline/possible actors/actresses etc.

Halo 2 Anny would not take that much work either, just better graphics and whatever else. The vast majority would just want Halo 2 like it was before but with current graphics.

What do you disagree with?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Spartan Assault was made by Vanguard Gaming, not 343. The development for the TV series has not started yet, probably basic storyline/possible actors/actresses etc.

Halo 2 Anny would not take that much work either, just better graphics and whatever else. The vast majority would just want Halo 2 like it was before but with current graphics.

What do you disagree with?

That's true. It would be fairly simple to put in descope, take out sprint and re-create classic H2 maps and weapons and you have a title everyone would love

i lol'd. but you need to get rid of team stark they're gonna be obsolete within the next few seasons

Have you read the books?

Could be a possibility, considering they wouldn't have to put everything into a new engine then.

These are being done by seperate teams. 

Halo 2 Anniversary

This would likely be done by Certain Affinity.

why would that be the case

They did CE Anniversary. Look on the back of your case if you have it. 343 contracted it out to them

They did CE Anniversary. Look on the back of your case if you have it. 343 contracted it out to them

CA did the Multiplayer maps. I think Raven or something re did the campaign