kikko9

MCC these days: worth it?

Hi guys!

I'd like to know the current state of the MCC. What about population? What about the matchmaking problems? Did the patches resolve all the issues?

Should I buy this game? 

Thanks!

EDIT: actually here is the offer: 340 euro for a new xbox one 500gb + MCC (obviously I don't have a Xbox One).

Another question: how about the 500gb? Are they enough in general? 

If you're buying for matchmaking, just make sure you don't pay full price.

There is a ton of content in the game. It just doesn't all work. And 343 aren't giving it anywhere near the attention it needs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well actually here is the offer: 340 euro for a new xbox one 500gb + MCC (obviously I don't have a Xbox One).

Well actually here is the offer: 340 euro for a new xbox one 500gb + MCC (obviously I don't have a Xbox One).

You can just buy an external hard drive, its what I'm gonna do.

I don't own it, but I played it at my friend's (granted before Halo 5 came out) for quite a while and I was finding games fast. It worked as expected, though do not buy the game if you want skill based matchmaking--this part is still broken and will probably never be fixed.

Depends what you want to play OP.

If you want it for matchmaking it does work for the most part. You can find games during most hours in all playlists. However past midnight you can only really search Team Slayer, BTB, Halo 3 and a few others. Wait times will be around 2-5 mins past midnightish. 

The games are not even close to being how they should be, nor is ever going to be. However if you can get it for cheap, why not. Still better than Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I still haven't bought MCC, don't plan on buying it until next october. The game released as a piece of shit, the updates moved it up to garbage so I'm just wating for more updates to move it up to bad. I can tolerate a bad game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still haven't bought MCC, don't plan on buying it until next october. The game released as a piece of shit, the updates moved it up to garbage so I'm just wating for more updates to move it up to bad. I can tolerate a bad game.

The game isn't being fixed. You can probably find a $20 used copy somewhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I bought the Xbone just for CE online.

And I can get games in the two CE playlists whenever I want.

Can't complain (except for outstanding netcode issues), I can play CE online and there are far less shitters now because they all moved to H5 :P

Has the leading shots been added to halo CE yet?  The bullet physics in CE were a large part of its skill gap.

If you buy it for H1 or H2 MP just don't!

H1 PC with band aid barely resembles OG

Halo 2 Vista hitreg is still terrible

If you buy it for H3 or god forbid H4 it'll be alright.

Either way buy it used, don't give 343 a dime.

Great for campaign. Good for split screen fun. Bad for matchmaking/custom games.

Everyone complains about MCC and I'll grant that H1 and H3 feel a little weird ... but the fact that I can play 100+ Halo maps in custom games on 1080p/60fps with a 1000-person friends list makes MCC the greatest game purchase of all time, for me.  I enjoy all four games on that disc to some degree or another.  you can get used copies for $20-$30 and it is absolutely worth it.  People on these forums are ridiculously sensitive/elitist and love to complain about the netcoding or the fact that OG H1 is better (it is!), blah blah, but MCC is completely functional in every way that matters and is a ton of fun

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone complains about MCC and I'll grant that H1 and H3 feel a little weird ... but the fact that I can play 100+ Halo maps in custom games on 1080p/60fps with a 1000-person friends list makes MCC the greatest game purchase of all time, for me.  I enjoy all four games on that disc to some degree or another.  you can get used copies for $20-$30 and it is absolutely worth it.  People on these forums are ridiculously sensitive/elitist and love to complain about the netcoding or the fact that OG H1 is better (it is!), blah blah, but MCC is completely functional in every way that matters and is a ton of fun

For me, MCC CE in its current state was worth the purchase of the console and game.

Keyword: current state. I wouldn't wish unto anybody the agony that was the first few months, with the playlist being 3v3, PC weapon placement, shot reg changing with every patch, etc. I still have a real problem recommending the console to anyone for anything besides CE.

Sure, it still doesn't compare to the OG version in terms of shooting and netcode - but I can't exactly fire up my OG box and easily play 2's every night. If MCC CE functioned identically to the OG version, people wouldn't need to use the OG boxes and CRT's anymore, and I think that's where the majority of the disappointed comes from. The "what could have been."

I'd still rather play CE on MCC than H5 or whatever, because in my opinion fundamental gameplay mechanics, metagame and skillgap are far more important than ranking systems and graphics. Sure CE MCC has some rough edges but I'm hopelessly hooked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me, MCC CE in its current state was worth the purchase of the console and game.

Keyword: current state. I wouldn't wish unto anybody the agony that was the first few months, with the playlist being 3v3, PC weapon placement, shot reg changing with every patch, etc. I still have a real problem recommending the console to anyone for anything besides CE.

Sure, it still doesn't compare to the OG version in terms of shooting and netcode - but I can't exactly fire up my OG box and easily play 2's every night. If MCC CE functioned identically to the OG version, people wouldn't need to use the OG boxes and CRT's anymore, and I think that's where the majority of the disappointed comes from. The "what could have been."

I'd still rather play CE on MCC than H5 or whatever, because in my opinion fundamental gameplay mechanics, metagame and skillgap are far more important than ranking systems and graphics. Sure CE MCC has some rough edges but I'm hopelessly hooked.

The poor netcode is a deal breaker.  I've seen first hand players that beat other players handily in CE on MCC, and then when these same 4 players played on OG xbox, it was much more even.  Why?  Because certain players have a connection advantage and it's harder to register shots on them.  It has NOTHING to do with player skill.  Keep in mind, all players had been playing since the game game out lol. The shots either register as they should, or they don't.   Here's a vid I made showcasing a few games worth of play that shows just what kind of crazy shit happens in CE on MCC.  Note the description given in the top right corner within the video for each clip.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AAQ1XEJETNgibzE&cid=BFB143A68EE28CEB&group=0&id=bfb143a68ee28ceb%21181&parId=bfb143a68ee28ceb%21175&o=OneUp

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya im not sure what it is about ce but once you get a rank in the 20s you start getting matched up with people shots dont register correctly on. That killed the game for me, because I don't ever feel like the advantage swings in my favor. Its possible its my connection but its good for all other online games ive played so that doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah it's a shame about the netcode, and I'm not trying to say the game can be played competitively or even super-seriously. But right now it's the closest alternative, since I don't know enough locals to be able to get an OG LAN going 3-5 times a week when I feel like playing Halo.

So @@Holbry & @@WARGOD , where do you get your CE fix?

The poor netcode is a deal breaker.  I've seen first hand players that beat other players handily in CE on MCC, and then when these same 4 players played on OG xbox, it was much more even.  Why?  Because certain players have a connection advantage and it's harder to register shots on them.  It has NOTHING to do with player skill.  Keep in mind, all players had been playing since the game game out lol. The shots either register as they should, or they don't.   Here's a vid I made showcasing a few games worth of play that shows just what kind of crazy shit happens in CE on MCC.  Note the description given in the top right corner within the video for each clip.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AAQ1XEJETNgibzE&cid=BFB143A68EE28CEB&group=0&id=bfb143a68ee28ceb%21181&parId=bfb143a68ee28ceb%21175&o=OneUp

These clips have been posted in the MCC thread nonstop for a year, and yet this sort of thing doesn't happen that often for me or anyone i've talked to on my friends list.  Yes, MCC is somewhat broken and random shit happens (I've had rockets just vanish after I fire them); but in a 10-15 game session, this kind of thing might happen once, so I just laugh about it and move on ... which is something that TB forum users seem unable to do

I'd happily pay USD $30-40 just for Co-op campaign with my brother at 1080/60. If you have nostalgia there, H2A Campaign is really well done and HCE is HCE so it's fantastic.

Multiplayer... it's just a dark tunnel of broken dreams. When it works it's incredible though.