VinnyMendoza

Vote for Halo 1 today on Gamefaq's Best. Game. Ever. Tourney

I knew FF7 would win but I didn't think it'd be THAT big of a blowout. Jeez.

Ocarina and/or Chrono Trigger will probably bop FF7 later on and get sweet revenge doe.

Damn it. WC3 didn't get past first round. Mt favourite game right there.

Well good job to Halo though

Wc3's my favourite game too, shame it got knocked out by a game I've never heard of :/ Do you still play ladder?

Wc3's my favourite game too, shame it got knocked out by a game I've never heard of :/ Do you still play ladder?

aha you too eh? I didn't have any clue what that game was. No, I'll admit it wasn't the ladder that got me into the game, it was the custom games. I can play a full day of wintermaul, footmen frenzy, football, peon olympics, Elimination Tournament (Was ranked #1 NA in that game), heck even Fishing I enjoyed playing. 

annnnnd...looks like GE is going to get an arrow to the knee:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/bge20_vote

LttP vs. FFIV

Hrrrkkkkkkkkk I can't decide

Also Okami > FFIV, but I know it's not going to go down like that.

EDIT: Also how the hell does Halo 3 get beat by The Last Of Us, but TLOU gets beat by Kingdom Hearts 2? "Halo 3 is too trendy, TLOU is a work of art...oh but KH2 tho squeeeee"

LttP vs. FFIV

Hrrrkkkkkkkkk I can't decide

Also Okami > FFIV, but I know it's not going to go down like that.

EDIT: Also how the hell does Halo 3 get beat by The Last Of Us, but TLOU gets beat by Kingdom Hearts 2? "Halo 3 is too trendy, TLOU is a work of art...oh but KH2 tho squeeeee"

Basically PS2 exclusives > PS3 exclusives > Xbox exclusives on gameFAQs. Also Square fanboys are only outnumbered by Nintendo fanboys.

Proof that I know this shit, that's me at number 14 (DaruniaTheGoron) lol:

oSl7NPg.png

I'm 43rd right now... should move up again today.

Link to the past, dark souls, super metroid and majoras mask all in one bracket.

Id put all 4 in the top 10 all time.

Figures. The only way I could see a mediocre at best "RPG" such as Skyrim beating Goldeneye is by mods. Even then, I would still get more enjoyment out of a 64-bit game than most modern FPSs and RPGs.

Two things Skyrim has going for it are great presentation and seemingly endless content in the vanilla game alone...though I personally found it overly grungy and monotonous compared to Oblivion.

It could just be the memes that are keeping it going, though...

Two things Skyrim has going for it are great presentation and seemingly endless content in the vanilla game alone...though I personally found it overly grungy and monotonous compared to Oblivion.

It could just be the memes that are keeping it going, though...

Nah, the presentation was horribly executed and the "endless" content was all just an infinite number of Miscellaneous Quests. I find both games to be equally dull from a setting and writing perspective, at least compared to Morrowind, which is not saying much, considering that none of the main Elder Scrolls games are as great as many people make them out to be (Fallout 3 included). To be quite frank, none of them are really RPGs either, at least, not in the sense of games like Planescape: Tormant, Age of Decadence, Arcanum, Pillars of Eternity, etc.

Nah, the presentation was horribly executed and the "endless" content was all just an infinite number of Miscellaneous Quests. I find both games to be equally dull from a setting and writing perspective, at least compared to Morrowind, which is not saying much, considering that none of the main Elder Scrolls games are as great as many people make them out to be (Fallout 3 included). To be quite frank, none of them are really RPGs either, at least, not of the sense of games like Planescape: Tormant, Age of Decadence, Arcanum, Pillars of Eternity, etc.

Agreed.

The thing I did enjoy about Morrowind was how it didn't hold your hand the whole time. 

For example, killing an NPC that can literally stop you from beating quests. Or OD'ing on potions. 

There was just a lot more freedom than the games that followed, though not as much as a traditional of course.

Agreed.

The thing I did enjoy about Morrowind was how it didn't hold your hand the whole time. 

For example, killing an NPC that can literally stop you from beating quests. Or OD'ing on potions. 

There was just a lot more freedom than the games that followed, though not as much as a traditional of course.

Well, it did streamlined Daggerfall, and it was fairly easily to figured how its mechanics worked, but it is still the only TES game which comes close to being decent without mods. The rest either did not aged well, or are just play not engaging and are of mediorce quality.

The lore, the Dunmer culture, the way magic functioned in the game, the fact that each race and the sex of those races had a different voice, Argonians and Khajiit actually behaving as beast races, Jeremy Soule's performance, and the start of the game were just fantastic. I liked how short the introduction was. All you had to was design your character and speak to a few people, and then you were free to go; no senseless or cliched dungeon crawling or "your character is a former prison for being accused of *insert crime here*". The game felt like a refreshing experience from the rest of the series, and Oblivion was my first entry into it.

Presentation is a big thing for me. It's possible that certain elements of Morrowind may be better than other Elder Scrolls titles, but after experiencing the scope and visuals of Oblivion, I could never play a technically inferior version. I tried looking at videos of Morrowind the other day (I've never played it, as I wasn't big on that genre at the time), and it looked rough. In almost every sense.

Presentation is a big thing for me. It's possible that certain elements of Morrowind may be better than other Elder Scrolls titles, but after experiencing the scope and visuals of Oblivion, I could never play a technically inferior version. I tried looking at videos of Morrowind the other day (I've never played it, as I wasn't big on that genre at the time), and it looked rough. In almost every sense.

You could try installing Morrowind Overhaul 3.0.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I prefer

to Overhaul though it hasn't been released yet.

Though Morroblivion has been released.

Morrowind for the time that it came out was an amazing game. Still my favorite TES to this date.

I remember pulling out my physical map that came with the game to figure out where to go.

Jumping 20 feet forward when acrobatics was maxed out.

Those first moment when you walk outside of Seyda Neen and see the huge Stilt Striders.

That feeling of exploring this huge foreign mysterious land.

My personal favorite story of the latest 3 TES games.

But sadly, its aged the worst out of the group.

Little to no voice acting, TONS of dialogue (not so much a problem for me, but can be for some)

Graphics aged horribly (has gotten a ton better due to modding)

No fast travel (can be tedious, but I actually enjoyed it)

Easily exploitable from fortifying skills to never come down or just jumping on a rock and bowing Umbra down because he can't find a way up.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1