Sign in to follow this  
supermoc10

What do you want from Halo 5: Guardians DLC?

So we already now that the game will have free DLC thanks to the money made from REQ packs. I think this is great because it'll help the game have a long life and the maps being free means we won't have a split player base. However, I'd like to know what you guys would want to see from the DLC.

I personally would love to see more visual variety from the maps. Most of the maps have a facility-like feel to them. I can only think of 3 maps that don't fit that mold (Truth, Regret and Colosseum) so I'd like to see more Covenant/Forerunner maps. Also, I think it would be cool if 343 remade the few good maps they had in Halo 4. Haven is awesome and I'd love to see it come back, same with Monolith. The one I want the most though is Skyline because I think it's the best map 343 has made by far (also, dat next gen tarp action though).

Well, with the first "DLC" being declared for next week as forge maps, all I have to say is I'd like the maps be real maps...

I'd rather see new Forge canvases and new Forge palettes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I obviously agree with dedicated maps, but beyond that I would really like to see A LOT more weapon skins. As of right now there just aren't enough in my opinion, and it's one of the things that you see the most. Armor and stuff is cool, but while playing you really never see it, so I definitely would like more weapon skins. Also I want more visor colors as its one of the main ways to make your character stand out when you are playing in arena. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

• Not Forge variants. The community will already do that when Forge is released. We don't need your weaker creations, 343. Bungie wasn't that good at making them and you guys aren't either. Let the community handle that and stop acting as if Forge variants have the same merit as a unique map. It doesn't.
  • Changing the time of day on a map doesn't constitute it as a new map. I think this is so shocking that 343 did this, that people still don't believe it.

I'm asking for every single DLC map that we were promised to be unique maps. This used to not be a problem, but now it is. If 343 still doesn't want to do that, at least be honest with us and give us the real map count (x unique maps, x forge variants, x changing the time of day) instead of misleading your community.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can someone provide the source for the idea that 343 is going to release fucking Forge maps and consider it "DLC"? That would be the most pathetic thing they've done yet in my eyes.

More Warzone maps, unique Arena maps. 343 did a very good job in Halo 4 regarding environment Variety, so its odd that a lot of assets are being reused on all the maps in H5. Also I'd like to see lots of skins, at the end of the day skins should be the most diverse group of REQ content.

As for Forge maps being included as DLC, I'm not exactly sure why people keep saying that. Has there been some kind of confirmation that they are?

Lastly, I hope we get a diverse selection of gametypes. It's looking like HCS/HWC won't get underway til next month, so how about some Oddball or Assault in the meantime?

I obviously agree with dedicated maps, but beyond that I would really like to see A LOT more weapon skins. As of right now there just aren't enough in my opinion, and it's one of the things that you see the most. Armor and stuff is cool, but while playing you really never see it, so I definitely would like more weapon skins. Also I want more visor colors as its one of the main ways to make your character stand out when you are playing in arena. 

I was thinking the same thing, I find myself selling hundreds of useless weapons waiting to find weapon skins, only to be disappointed.

I saw that Angry Joe on youtube worked out that it would take 750 days approximately to get every piece of amour playing all day every day without spending a dime...

I think most people just want the skins and amour.

Maps that:

1) Aren't from Forge

2) Aren't created at 7PM where the sun hits your eyes in EVERY *****ing map. I.E I want maps at night, snow maps, pretty blue skies, thunder in the background, red Jupiter looking skies, indoor maps, shiny blue covenant maps with covenant textures, golden textured walls like Epitaph and Construct, absolutely no ****ing white, grey or dull colors which plagues every map created since Halo 4

3) Arenas with nice site lines

4) Openness, limited corridors unless they are long, and are part of a symmetrical map (not Adrift like, that was horrible)

I don't know, something better than the crap that I'm seeing in the DLC previews.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah actual designed maps, I like influenced maps, not remakes feel me. 

I like colossus cause its like pit/narrows forerunner edition.

Id also enjoy maps like guardian, narrows, construct. but influenced not remade.

Maps with clouds covering the sun  :bravo:

Actual BTB maps, more Covvie/Promethean/Outside Arena maps, Oddball/King/Extraction. 

Damnation, Beaver Creek, Guardian, & Haven remakes. 

The DLC is free? What a coincidence. The interns are free too!

A MCC Update

On Topic: Unique Maps with their own environments.

I heard Frankie say that they were committed to sustaining the game...

I guess they intend to offer sustaining just like we remembered it...

there are so many good posts here, I can't understand why I cannot +rep any more today...

Actual maps that aren't remixes, don't use the same human look and aren't Forge maps.

Please.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn... Lots of :salt: y comments on here... :kappa: but yeah I feel ya, there's so many things 343 could have added at launch. Talk about missed opportunity