Sign in to follow this  
VideoGangsta

I made a video showing off the ridiculous sniper magnetism

Watching these videos always make me sad

What's even sadder is the response my post on r/halo is getting.

https://m.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3rtjtf/i_made_a_clip_showing_how_ridiculous_halo_5s/

I'm literally getting down voted for saying that magnetism is too high while providing video proof of my claim. But apparently it's been like this in all halos, so what do I know lmfao.

I miss the days where getting. No scope made you get hyped and start trash talking. Now whenever you miss you feel like you suck and hitting the shot is expected. I used to love practicing my snipes for hours in customs so I could dominate with it in MM. Now its just a waste of time.

Pretty much. Maybe back in 2004 when there were no dedis and online for consoles was new I could understand as it compensated for severe lag but its 2015 now. This shit should remain in the past

Pretty much. Maybe back in 2004 when there were no dedis and online for consoles was new I could understand as it compensated for severe lag but its 2015 now. This shit should remain in the past

Exactly. There's no need for it anymore. Connection is good enough nowadays. Even Halo 3 with it's shitty online net code (although there were a lot if bloodshots) had a sniper with very low magnetism.

I miss the days where getting. No scope made you get hyped and start trash talking. Now whenever you miss you feel like you suck and hitting the shot is expected. I used to love practicing my snipes for hours in customs so I could dominate with it in MM. Now its just a waste of time.

Realness. I get mad when iImiss no scopes of even Snipes in general now and I'm a terrible Sniper

Seems like Reach and Halo CE were way easier to snipe than this game.  Must be those damn thrusters.....

That's crazy. Maybe that'd be understandable out of scope. But in scope that's just ridiculous, ridicule should at least be red.

That's called aim assist. Bullet mag is how much the reticle sticks to your opponent.

Why did this get negged so hard? On The Sprint the guy in charge said it this exact way. He said Magnetism is the stickiness of the reticle and aim assist is the curving of bullets.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Why did this get negged so hard? On The Sprint the guy in charge said it this exact way. He said Magnetism is the stickiness of the reticle and aim assist is the curving of bullets.

He said it backwards then. In Halo CE magnetism is the curving of bullets, and aim assist is reticle stickiness. Doesn't make sense for termonology to be oppossite now......

He said it backwards then. In Halo CE magnetism is the curving of bullets, and aim assist is reticle stickiness. Doesn't make sense for termonology to be oppossite now......

Are we sure that's the proper way to say it? I mean I always thought it was the way you described it but to have an actual professional say it the other way confused me. If these terms aren't universal then we shouldn't neg someone so hard for not saying it the way we know it. Hell even if he was wrong you might as well correct him.

Reticle magnetism is really sticky aim, or aim assist. Bullet magnetism is missed shots curving towards enemies. 

I think.

1. logfish is a known troll

2. RETICLE magnetism is the stickiness of the reticle. BULLET magnetism is the curve of bullets to the player. Both are forms of aim assist.

That's what I'm getting from Wikia as well, though auto-aim instead of aim assist. http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Auto-Aim

In short, aim assist would be the general term, while auto-aim is what many here calls bullet magnetism, while magnetism is what many here calls reticle magnetism.

Personally, I think auto-aim is a too broad of a term, because it could mean anything. Sticky aim has a nice ring to it and you can understand what it means.

According to a series of threads that I love to read, "the cheating scene" as they're called, calls the bullet magnetism "silent aim". Just like most terminologies, there's hundreds of different ones depending on where you're coming from; most aren't "right" or "wrong" ones.

In any case, the aim assistance definitely needs to be toned down, and it's quite clear when you can't differentiate between the top players. They all look pretty much the same, except for how they move around the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1