CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

idk why you're always bashing team changes and stuff when you realize what's at stake for everyone, and this forum, and the media, has never had more interactions. This isn't a party, no one likes this stuff but everyone wants to win, obviously. You can't just sit back and watch and the whole "stick it out and keep practicing" philosophy is bullshit.

The realest shit I've read all day... and im out of upvotes  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want to understand something else if anyone has the in-depth knowledge/info for this. How do these big organizations/companies make ANY money off of halo when the viewership is so low? As a former montage kid who always had to submit his videos to FBWalshyFTW to get views off of his 100,000+ subs, only having 400 subs myself, I kinda know how viewership works. Twitch is different, I know. Advertisements etc...but even still........?

can people stop abbreviating Renegades 'RNG'? it's REN people, thanks.

You don't follow much eSports do you?

In other games, Renegades abbreviates their name "RNG" not "REN".   ;)

I just want to understand something else if anyone has the in-depth knowledge/info for this. How do these big organizations/companies make ANY money off of halo when the viewership is so low? As a former montage kid who always had to submit his videos to FBWalshyFTW to get views off of his 100,000+ subs, only having 400 subs myself, I kinda know how viewership works. Twitch is different, I know. Advertisements etc...but even still........?

Well you have to figure that most of these orgs are already established in other esports genres and are trying to invest in the resurgence of Halo in the esports scene.  Which is awesome.  Takes money to make money.

The real question isn't can Ogre2 get on a team. It's if he can get on a Top 4 team. If not it might not be worth it to him honestly.

Up until recently those teams were AE, EG, CLG, Renegades/Leftovers. AE and CLG aren't happening obviously. So by EG choosing Commonly, that would have left Renegades, and I question if that would have even been a good fit. Other teams to consider would be Liquid/Envy. I don't know how stable Liquid is so I know they just went through changes, never know I guess. Current Envy squad seems to be having some problems with their current 3 so who knows what will come of that.

The real question isn't can Ogre2 get on a team. It's if he can get on a Top 4 team. If not it might not be worth it to him honestly.

Its not worth it? If he can get on a top 8 team and get to the worlds he's in the money. 

And he will be on a top 8 team. Teams will scramble for his points and his ability as a player.

You don't follow much eSports do you?

In other games, Renegades abbreviates their name "RNG" not "REN".   ;)

To be fair, their biggest team (League of Legends) has to abbreviate it REN because RNG was already taken by Royal Never Give Up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Plot Twist Ogre2 is actually replacing Formal on the OpTic CoD team so then Formal can replace Maniac on the Halo team so Maniac can make more vlogs.  food challenges 

Fixed

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everyone saying Naded made the right decision - did you even think of the fact that if he went to EG the rest of AE would crumble?  

On EG he would have to be mainly worried about beating CLG and possibly RNG.  2 teams tops.  On AE he still has to worry about EG, CLG, and RNG.  

You have to think about the money and probabilities - the less competition the better.  

Yeah there are other teams that are not going to be easy but in my opinion EG, CLG, and RNG (lately, however debatable due to roster fuck up) are leagues above others.  

I really don't know how he's ignoring the general inexperience of his teammates on LAN.  I don't think they'll place top 4.

• Upvote (+1) 4

CZWSVqBUgAAQOMz.jpg

Plot Twist Ogre2 is actually replacing Formal on the OpTic CoD team so then Formal can replace Maniac on the Halo team so Maniac can make more vlogs.

When someone takes your post but says something more clever...

200.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

They don't make much money off of Halo. I believe it was Kelby(guy who manages the CLG and EG halo teams) who came in here and said that they have to bring in money made off of League, Dota, etc. to support the Halo teams. They're in Halo to make the gamble that Halo will eventually get to or close to the stature that it once was at. In other words they're making an investment where the buying price is relatively low predicting that the scene will grow.

Given Hecz's issues with the Optic team I could definitely see them dropping a player or two for OG2 or FiS.  I just can't imagine OG2 and FiS being teamless for the HWC ... wtf man

Just found this gem from my Qualifier #3 and had to post it. <3 #laserfocused

Not sure if it's the gif or not but your sens looks pretty damn high. What sens do you play on?

Lmao FiS lives with snip3down and towey, he doesn't have a team, he's been raping everytime i see him play, and then they just pick up commonly.  Not saying EG made the wrong choice, it just must suck for FiS lol

FiS and Goofy are the two most improved players since November in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 5