CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ninja has been royally fucked over multiple times by team changes. He deserves to be salty. They'll find a fourth and he'll get over it in time and they'll be solid. If you're insinuating spartan should think about dropping him because he's upset, well, that's just ludicrous.

I don't think they should drop him, never said anything close to that. I just want him to pick up a solid fourth, prove he's a top player and just win halo games. I don't like all the tweets trying to stir up more shit and stuff. Focus on the team you have now and prove that you shouldn't have been dropped or that people shouldn't leave your team. Wouldn't winning be the best revenge?

Edit: and of course we can only go by what we see, which is his tweets and posts on twitch chats. We don't know how he actually feels and who he is genuinely joking with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

a lot is saying that RNG 4th last night was mikwen (including pros in the chat). Mikwen denied it on twitter though. Did anyone rule out the chance it could've been 2gre?

Nobody knows who it really is. People are saying it was Mikwen for the service tag thing but if you'd told me to guess from just looking at the stats I'd have guessed Ola simply because the stats had some pretty high ups and really low downs and that just seems to be how he is or at least how he used to be.

Ninja streaming in the next hour or two most likely - tweeted he's just going food shopping and moving some things from his old apartment. 

The question is, of course, will we learn who the 4th is, and if it's Mikwen, as everyone believes, will they be nV?

I only watched the first few games and went to bed, but until CLG gets more practice in as a team, I'm not sold. Sorry.

Individually they are all excellent players (all top 10 players right now IMO) I just don't know about the teamwork and coordination side of things. That is what I felt really raised EG up in H2A. Early on they were good and they were obviously communicating. But as it went on it felt like it went to another level. They were SO in sync at times, like the whole team were on that future vision laser focus shit. It was honestly scary. I'm not sure if this new CLG squad will ever have that.

I still think EG, regardless of the 4th (could be commonly, ogre2, mikwen, ola, heinz, apg, ace, etc) are going to still be right there. Snipedown, Roy, and Lunchbox didn't just all the sudden get bad overnight. They are still really sick at this game. They could carry a 4th to a top 4 finish if I'm being honest. Replacing Lethul is not going to be easy though. I do think it is a bit wrong to say they have their choice of "literally anybody" though, because nobody from AE or CLG, with the exception of Ogre2, is available (two of the top teams). I think you could argue Lethul is top 5 in this game. And not just a top 5 slayer but top 5 overall in any aspect of the game. That isn't easily replaced. And I like Commonly but I'm still not sure if that is the right choice over players like Ace, Mikwen, Heinz, APG, Spartan, etc..

In the end, I feel like this might end up being a mistake for Lethul. I feel like with the limited amount of time it's going to be hard to build the teamwork necessary and they are going to end up losing an unlikely Bo3 that messes everything up. Something that, when it comes gut check time (ie major LAN event) I just don't think would happen to the old EG squad because they would flick a switch and go next level on people.

All I know is if Lethul leaving EG ends up making EG worse and CLG doesn't perform leading to an AE cake walk...someone has to punch Lethul in his :lxthul: ...hard. :kappa:

I don't know if CLG will be better than EG was, nor if they will mesh perfectly and win. But they have 2 months to play together before worlds. As long as they make top 8 at regionals (duh), they have time to figure it out. If can't do it in 2 months, then couldn't be done in 5.

What "role" did Lethul play if someone can "explain" that to me.

Honestly, I think the idea of roles is pointless. They need a player that can do everything well and come up clutch when the pressure is on. Not a "role player".

His role in the team was to be the 'do it all' type of player. Like I said in the post you responded to, EG needed a selfless player that does the dirty work, prioritizes his teammates' lives over his own, can work the objective, and can slay. Which was essentially Lethul's role and he did it wonderfully.

Of course every player needs to be able to do everything but not everyone tends to do everything or excels at everything. Snipedown for instance isn't the type of player to be selfless by getting into the others team's base and do the dirty work(there's nothing wrong with that btw). He may do it once in awhile but he certainly doesn't do it as often or as well as Lunchbox or Lethul. The reason being is because he knows he's much more useful by staying back and just slaying the other team because that's what he's good at.  

Then a player like Roy isn't going to necessarily prioritize his teammate's lives over his own. His main goal is to get into the other team's face going straight at them, constantly putting down shots, and winning every individual battle. Just being an overall nuisance to the other team and for him to do that he needs to prioritize his own life. Whereas with a player like Lethul, he'll put himself in situations that wouldn't be ideal for him to stay alive but in doing so will allow Roy and Snipedown to better do their work. He knows its more important for those two to stay alive because they are better at slaying the other team.

Roles may be a bad word to describe it because it gives people the common misconception that "player A" plays "role B" therefore he only does "B". But that's not what people mean when they say a player fits into a certain role, they mean that the player tends to do and excels at the things involved in said role. Which is why the word tendencies would probably be a better word to use but it doesnt roll off the tongue quite as well lol. Also, if you don't believe me and you think every player just does the exact same things then why are there never teams formed of just the four best slayers?(or if they do form why do they always fail miserably?).      

stuff 

So what is Commonly "excel" at exactly? What is his preferred "role"? The "dirty work" I assume?

EDIT: I guess I just don't agree with this "dirty work" philosophy. I just don't see it that way.

EDIT: I guess I just don't agree with this "dirty work" philosophy. I just don't see it that way.

Essentially it's a riskier style of play. Ready to jump back out for the OBJ or to help your teammate stay alive with a power weaon. Less kills but more frontline charges or perfect timed flanks. An "entry fragger" for the CSGO fans.

The role mentality is kinda silly. Everyone shouldnt be like a healer, tank, dps or support like WoW... this is an FPS with quick respawns, everyone needs to do everything. However each individual has tendencies and habits that put them in a different category.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So what is Commonly "excel" at exactly? What is is preferred "role"? The "dirty work" I assume?

From what I've seen of him he seems to play similarly to tj which means he does get get down and gritty and do the dirty work. But he can and also will slay heavily which is what sets players like him, Lethul, Victory, or Naded apart from Lunch, Heinz, Ryanoob, El Town, etc.(that's not to say that those players can't slay just that their play tends to be focused elsewhere). 

It would never happen....BUT, imagine if EG reached out to SnakeBite, Royal 2 or Frosty, just in spite, at the last minute and one of the three accepted.  Like I said, would never happen, but just for affect, Royal 2 accepts EG's offer. Now you have completely turned the tables if you're EG. Grabbed your nemesis' arguably best player, and pretty much left their team in shambles with nearly no time to pick up a quality 4th (if you were to do it right before roster locks)

And if you are SnakeBite, Royal 2 or Frosty, how difficult would it be to turn down that offer, especially from the team that has been beating you in championships for the past 1yr+ (in SB and R2's case). You likely instantly become the favorite to win the $2mil tourney, and establishes a legacy with a tournament win that everyone in the community is never going to forget.

Now that I think about it, the past few weeks have some great material to be a full length film.

I'd be really interested to see a running total for pro player damage stats.  I personally think that a damage/death ratio is a powerful indicator of performance, maybe even more so than K/D.

• Upvote (+1) 5

My take away after watching Lethul's POV last night is that he is irreplaceable. The guy has probably the best listening skills I've ever seen in a player since Ola. He doesn't communicate as much as players like Roy and Snakebite because he's usually just responding to call outs or positioning himself where he is always doing damage to the opposing team. The guy is extremely productive in game and his individual skill can bail him out of any tough situation. Lethul is a top 5 player in my book. EG will miss him tremendously. 

• Upvote (+1) 5