CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not that this would happen...

After the current EG/CLG/RNG drama I no longer believe that anything is impossible when it comes to HCS team changes.

The real question is, did Lethul leave EG and then join CLG, or did CLG offer him the spot while he was still on EG and he took it.

He already answered that. They approached him a few days ago, he did not go looking for another team. He almost didn't do it.

He already answered that. They approached him a few days ago, he did not go looking for another team. He almost didn't do it.

Lethul himself answered it? Oh. Well then that explains how I didn't know. My brain is on the "Purge Posts From Lethul" setting. He drives me crazy. :kappa:

I wonder how Spartan and Vic X feel about Ninja. He's clearly upset and doesn't seem like he's happy with his current situation. I wonder if it is affecting team moral at all.

At some point you just have to man up to your situation, accept it and move on. Quit all these trollish tweets and chats in twitch and just get on with halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder how Spartan and Vic X feel about Ninja. He's clearly upset and doesn't seem like he's happy with his current situation. I wonder if it is affecting team moral at all.

I've thought that too, even during their series against Liquid. I don't know why he sounds/come's off as brokenhearted when his new team is laying a beating. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hasn't ninja dropped spartan before? and yet he is going on about being dropped by a friend.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

At some point you just have to man up to your situation, accept it and move on. Quit all these trollish tweets and chats in twitch and just get on with halo.

Ninja has been royally fucked over multiple times by team changes. He deserves to be salty. They'll find a fourth and he'll get over it in time and they'll be solid. If you're insinuating spartan should think about dropping him because he's upset, well, that's just ludicrous.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He's salty because he WAS happy with his situation and started feeling comfortable after leaving TL just for someone to jump ship at the 'better offer' instead of sticking it out and building a chance to grow in the future.  

And i'm pretty sure Naded regrets absolutely nothing.  They are going to def place top 8 at HWC with one of the higher chances of top 4 and if they are on fire, they could make a run for the finals.  Either way he is getting some cake and building a bond with his team.  He's for sure going about things the right way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is commonly really that good? Better than mikwen? Heinz? Ola? 2gre? Apg? Victory? Spartan?!

Would love to hear from snipedown and the gang on why they picked him over others.

You gotta think about the player that they need to replace and what role he had in the team though.

Mikwen is essentially the same player as Snipedown, Heinz and 2gre do practically the same stuff Lunch does(I know 2gre and Lunch were able to play together in Reach but 2gre seems to be a different type of player in H5 than he was in Reach), and APG and Spartan have too similar a play style to Roy's. None of those players besides Victory and Ola play a role similar to Lethul and honestly I find Commonly to be better than both of them so far in H5. You could argue that Victory's LAN experience could come in handy but EG decided to opt for potential over experience in this case.

They needed to find a selfless player that does the dirty work, prioritizes his teammates' lives over his own, can work obj, and can slay. Commonly is probably the best player in that regard outside of anyone on CLG or Allegiance imo.   

• Upvote (+1) 5

And what's this noise about Ninja not "manning up"?  I think I would define a top 4 in your first online qual with your new team (including an absolute soul-crushing clinching slayer blowout over the team that dropped you) as "manning up". Also, he and Ace were playing together yesterday- I'm sure at this point Ninja is still not happy with the decision but is just trolling a bit for fun.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hasn't ninja dropped spartan before? and yet he is going on about being dropped by a friend.

Spartan said it wasn't Ninja's fault though so idk.

I'm not a major Ninja fan, but I get where he is coming from honestly. It seems like he is ostracized by the other "top pros" sometimes. I've never seen him play in money 8's (maybe he has and I missed it). He gets overlooked and dropped frequently. It's like he isn't part of the "in crowd" or something. He is good at H5 though, regardless of if you like him or not. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Ninja is sensitive. He's probably gotten more shit over the years than anyone. Some of it justified, some of it not. I don't blame him.

ninja gets shit cause he's sensitive, which causes him to be more sensitive, which causes him to receive more shit

it's a vicious cycle

i wish more halo pros were mature adults, some are 20 going on 50, and some are 20 going on 5 (not directed at ninja in particular)

play a role similar to Lethul

What "role" did Lethul play if someone can "explain" that to me.

Honestly, I think the idea of roles is pointless. They need a player that can do everything well and come up clutch when the pressure is on. Not a "role player".

• Upvote (+1) 3

imagine the plot twist if @Naded actually did accept the invite to EG and they're waiting until check in for the last qualifier to announce that....................

They have approx 2 days to figure shit out before rosters lock

imagine the plot twist if @Naded actually did accept the invite to EG and they're waiting until check in for the last qualifier to announce that....................

now THAT would be a mad fucking scramble.

ive been saying since the beginning of season 1 that naded needs a @Towey in his ear to keep him on track in game.... nows his chance.

That would just be dirty to say the least...

What "role" did Lethul play if someone can "explain" that to me.

Honestly, I think the idea of roles is pointless. They need a player that can do everything well and come up clutch when the pressure is on. Not a "role player".

I agree every player should be versatile. However, everyone has been on a team where you have too many dominant voices so even call outs get lost. I'm not sure what Lvthals exact role was tbh.

Lunch- Game manager

Snipedown-Main Slay

Roy-Versatile

Lvthal-Entertainer

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"Get over it" doesn't help when Ninja basically got fucked (again) trying to win 2 mill. That team was probably the best chance he had at winning it all. Yea I would be pissed as fuck if my teammate left right before roster lock and probably decreased my chances of winning. Everyone seems to be fine with people leaving "for themselves" but that doesn't mean that person isn't fucking the old team over.

• Upvote (+1) 8