Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think these lyrics apply better:

Living like we're renegades

Renegades, renegades

All hail the underdogs

All hail the new kids

All hail the outlaws

Spielberg's and Kubrick's

They are living like they're renegades because they are professional gamers - the majority of western society sees them as such. Also, are obviously the small dog in the fight but still with a possibility to take it all - plus they are new to the top! With all the changes happening, that makes pretty much everyone an outlaw (Mikwen). The directors mentioned [two of the greatest] could stand for the fact Ninja and Spartan are incredibly entertaining on a streaming/recording site [a movement in technology], one of them having the largest viewership in Halo and the other growing rapidly.

Also that is literally the song the org used for its announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjkbfrLwdUk

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know it's not Halo but it's eSports, did anyone see the eSports feature on ESPN? I caught a few minutes of it in the middle of the night and they were talking about DOTA and LoL. Kind of neat to see

It still baffles me through all this that Optic Halo hasn't made any moves. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm surprised, at this point, the pros don't have a generic smurf that they share. They have the exclusive Pro Scrim skype chat, why not a smurf so us plebs can't figure it out? :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm surprised, at this point, the pros don't have a generic smurf that they share. They have the exclusive Pro Scrim skype chat, why not a smurf so us plebs can't figure it out? :lxthul:

Don't give them ideas  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reading through the pages and pages of quality dank memes/gifs I miss on a daily and nightly basis with my morning coffee is now apart of my morning routine. Quite the way to start the day, after my 8 am classes that is.

Did EG only get commonly because of the deadline being so close?

I hope not. I hope they really believe in him. I really wish Naded would reconsider.

I know he believes in his team, but it's hard for me to think those 3 will be more reliable/confident in a 2m$ tourney than Roy, lunch, and snipedown.

Is commonly really that good? Better than mikwen? Heinz? Ola? 2gre? Apg? Victory? Spartan?!

Would love to hear from snipedown and the gang on why they picked him over others.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I only watched the first few games and went to bed, but until CLG gets more practice in as a team, I'm not sold. Sorry.

Individually they are all excellent players (all top 10 players right now IMO) I just don't know about the teamwork and coordination side of things. That is what I felt really raised EG up in H2A. Early on they were good and they were obviously communicating. But as it went on it felt like it went to another level. They were SO in sync at times, like the whole team were on that future vision laser focus shit. It was honestly scary. I'm not sure if this new CLG squad will ever have that.

I still think EG, regardless of the 4th (could be commonly, ogre2, mikwen, ola, heinz, apg, ace, etc) are going to still be right there. Snipedown, Roy, and Lunchbox didn't just all the sudden get bad overnight. They are still really sick at this game. They could carry a 4th to a top 4 finish if I'm being honest. Replacing Lethul is not going to be easy though. I do think it is a bit wrong to say they have their choice of "literally anybody" though, because nobody from AE or CLG, with the exception of Ogre2, is available (two of the top teams). I think you could argue Lethul is top 5 in this game. And not just a top 5 slayer but top 5 overall in any aspect of the game. That isn't easily replaced. And I like Commonly but I'm still not sure if that is the right choice over players like Ace, Mikwen, Heinz, APG, Spartan, etc..

In the end, I feel like this might end up being a mistake for Lethul. I feel like with the limited amount of time it's going to be hard to build the teamwork necessary and they are going to end up losing an unlikely Bo3 that messes everything up. Something that, when it comes gut check time (ie major LAN event) I just don't think would happen to the old EG squad because they would flick a switch and go next level on people.

All I know is if Lethul leaving EG ends up making EG worse and CLG doesn't perform leading to an AE cake walk...someone has to punch Lethul in his :lxthul: ...hard.   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Of course not.

EG have been scrimming against the best players in the game for months now. Like Roy said, they know who is good at the game at this stage and they know what people could bring to the team.

So EG as a team, sat down and decided who they wanted. 20 players reached out to EG. TWENTY players asked to join EG.

EG decided on Naded. He refused. Commonly was the no2 choice. He said yes.

Of course to an extent they were rushed into a decision as roster lock was 3 days away. But I dont think that had any bearing on EG getting the player they wanted. Like Mikwen said, it would be extremely hard to turn down EG.

I was as surprised as anyone they opted for Commonly in the end, but who am I to contradict 3 of the most experienced and talented players in the Halo franchise. 

Not that this would happen but EG could release Commonly last minute and pick up someone else on a top team to totally throw off the competition and give them a better chance at the 2 mill. Lethul put them and everyone else in desperation mode  after all. Everyones scrambling now.

Frank-Underwood-en-30-frases-(2).jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

I only watched the first few games and went to bed, but until CLG gets more practice in as a team, I'm not sold. Sorry.

Individually they are all excellent players (all top 10 players right now IMO) I just don't know about the teamwork and coordination side of things. That is what I felt really raised EG up in H2A. Early on they were good and they were obviously communicating. But as it went on it felt like it went to another level. They were SO in sync at times, like the whole team were on that future vision laser focus shit. It was honestly scary. I'm not sure if this new CLG squad will ever have that.

I still think EG, regardless of the 4th (could be commonly, ogre2, mikwen, ola, heinz, apg, ace, etc) are going to still be right there. Snipedown, Roy, and Lunchbox didn't just all the sudden get bad overnight. They are still really sick at this game. They could carry a 4th to a top 4 finish if I'm being honest. Replacing Lethul is not going to be easy though. I do think it is a bit wrong to say they have their choice of "literally anybody" though, because nobody from AE or CLG, with the exception of Ogre2, is available (two of the top teams). I think you could argue Lethul is top 5 in this game. And not just a top 5 slayer but top 5 overall in any aspect of the game. That isn't easily replaced. And I like Commonly but I'm still not sure if that is the right choice over players like Ace, Mikwen, Heinz, APG, Spartan, etc..

In the end, I feel like this might end up being a mistake for Lethul. I feel like with the limited amount of time it's going to be hard to build the teamwork necessary and they are going to end up losing an unlikely Bo3 that messes everything up. Something that, when it comes gut check time (ie major LAN event) I just don't think would happen to the old EG squad because they would flick a switch and go next level on people.

All I know is if Lethul leaving EG ends up making EG worse and CLG doesn't perform leading to an AE cake walk...someone has to punch Lethul in his :lxthul: ...hard. :kappa:

Be careful with what you say, we love riding Lethul in this forum.

The real question is, did Lethul leave EG and then join CLG, or did CLG offer him the spot while he was still on EG and he took it.

CLG offered him the spot while he was still with EG and he took it.

I personally see Naded as regretting not taking EG's offer in the future - but at the same time I don't think he would fit into the team personality wise anyway. I don't see EG doing well with Commonly and I would have preferred for them to pick up a proven veteran player - but I would love to be proven wrong. I just don't see it happening. 

imagine the plot twist if @Naded actually did accept the invite to EG and they're waiting until check in for the last qualifier to announce that....................

now THAT would be a mad fucking scramble.

ive been saying since the beginning of season 1 that naded needs a @Towey in his ear to keep him on track in game.... nows his chance.

Be careful with what you say, we love riding Lethul in this forum.

lol, Lethul is one of the few players I enjoy watching.

I'll talk shit on him all day though cause idgaf

• Upvote (+1) 1