CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Navy Seals post on Beyond? What a cool community :bman:

Each day, the word Team becomes one step closer to being permanently replaced by the word Meme.

Exclusivity doesn't really matter. What matters is the amount of people who play CS:GO vs the amount who watch. I'd like to see the numbers on % of population of the people who own the game who watch. My guess is that more people own Halo than CS:GO, yet there's a higher population of those who own the game that watch. I could be completely off-mark though, I just need to see the numbers.

Every time I search CS:GO the population is in the 100,000's.

Idk how much weight this holds but http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think halo would get to those numbers even if it was on pc honestly.

it probably wouldn't at this point. But the numbers would definitely be much higher if they released it for PC.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Halo should be able to get those numbers (at least for a working Halo that isn't Halo 4).

It'll be tough to bring back people after Halo 4 and the MCC mess. I do believe they could get a decent population if they play their cards right.

We are dealing with the first new halo on xbox one. A lot of people will buy this game. Viewership for tournies should be minimum 50k.

Yeah there was also over 700k watching in client plus all the different streams on Twitch that are casted in other languages. Pretty ridiculous.

Also they are showing it all over Canada in movie theatres. It's insane how much esports in general grows. Going to movies on Sunday to watch with friends

Also they are showing it all over Canada in movie theatres. It's insane how much esports in general grows. Going to movies on Sunday to watch with friends

They're showing it in movie theaters in the US too

CSGO also has watching incentives through souvenir drops, csgolounge, the pick'em for majors, as well as the ability to trade and sell what you get. As for the population, a big chunk of the players dont even play matchmaking. There is so much activity on private servers through mini games like surf and you can still earn weapon drops provided the server, and most are, VAC secured. The Halo Channel is a good opportunity to help flourish the parts of the community that prefer custom games whether they are mini games or just competitive customs. Matchmaking isnt the end all be all and it shouldnt be treated as such by devs.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nah Halo is an Xbox exclusive game. It will never go near those numbers. Xbone sales are pretty low too.

Both the Xbone and PS4 are massively outselling their last-gen counterparts, sales are 50% ahead of where PS3 and Xbox 360 sales were at the same time in their lifespan.

CSGO also has watching incentives through souvenir drops, csgolounge, the pick'em for majors, as well as the ability to trade and sell what you get. As for the population, a big chunk of the players dont even play matchmaking. There is so much activity on private servers through mini games like surf and you can still earn weapon drops provided the server, and most are, VAC secured. The Halo Channel is a good opportunity to help flourish the parts of the community that prefer custom games whether they are mini games or just competitive customs. Matchmaking isnt the end all be all and it shouldnt be treated as such by devs.

I agree completely. Halo is the perfect FPS for this on the console. I'm a highly competitive player but every now and then I love to kick back and play games like Duck hunt and whatever.

We are dealing with the first new halo on xbox one. A lot of people will buy this game. Viewership for tournies should be minimum 50k.

I'd be happy with 50k for the first season of H5 HCS.

The battle of Europe for HCS season 1 qualifier was also broadcast in cinemas over here with EGL

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree completely. Halo is the perfect FPS for this on the console. I'm a highly competitive player but every now and then I love to kick back and play games like Duck hunt and whatever.

Most people think this is what Action Sack is for, but half the games in the playlist are set up wrong, not fun, or you never see the one you want to play. Being able to go to the Halo Channel, filtering for jump map customs or hide and seek and being able to jump directly into a lobby or game in progress is ideal. 16 person Clue in H2 or real Troy on coag was great and we had the clan list for custom playing players. Having to add 10 different gametags in Halo 3 just have people to invite for MLG customs or mimi game customs was awful and if I had to go through the xbox one dashboard every time I wanted to play customs I would never get to play them.

Most people think this is what Action Sack is for, but half the games in the playlist are set up wrong, not fun, or you never see the one you want to play. Being able to go to the Halo Channel, filtering for jump map customs or hide and seek and being able to jump directly into a lobby or game in progress is ideal. 16 person Clue in H2 or real Troy on coag was great and we had the clan list for custom playing players. Having to add 10 different gametags in Halo 3 just have people to invite for MLG customs or mimi game customs was awful and if I had to go through the xbox one dashboard every time I wanted to play customs I would never get to play them.

Yeah there should be a "Browse" option and the people that host games can just choose whether it's open to the public or not. There are so many creative people out there, making awesome stuff on new forge maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I watch CSGO and don't play it. I would absolutely play if I had a decent PC. My laptop's graphics card can't even run it lol I'm sure there's plenty of people that watch Halo that don't play as well. Definitely some Cod and Gears players that watch

Randomly

Newegg Halo team? :intel:

Tsquared will LITERALLY KILL YOU

with these amazing graphics!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja and Mikwen playing H1Z1 together. Nice to see that they are friends again. Two of the most likeable pros imo. 

Ninja and Mikwen playing H1Z1 together. Nice to see that they are friends again. Two of the most likeable pros imo. 

I've always liked how outspoken they are and honest they can be. I'm that way so I like to see it from top professionals in any field. I know how sticking to the script and being politically correct is so important but seeing a change is refreshing

I need to play H1Z1. Literally everyone plays it and I love me some zombies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Randomly

Newegg Halo team? :intel:

Dammit why didn't he introduce himself as Tom Taylor (Tom Taylor) aka Tsquared (Tsquared).

missed opportunity there Newegg