CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He said he won't be on til around 10:30 est

He tweeted he was going to stream in about 45 minutes. And that was about a half hour ago.

I think hes more upset about welcoming Denial back after what happened.

Fair play. Just trying to draw attention to competitive Halo to all the Minecraft players of the world. Haha

• Upvote (+1) 4

this mentality is why this scene is doomed to fail. no one wants to root for a team of players who just bail at the first sign of adversity. 

I don't think he's saying that players bail at the first time of adversity. Some players are just not gonna play well together based on personalities/playstyles and its hard to change your play style that you have been used to for years and seen success with it. I agree there are situations where people should stick it out but team changes are definitely a must sometimes.

Edit: Plus its always interesting to see how new teams perform and the drama that goes down. Keeps people around.

I don't think he's saying that players bail at the first time of adversity. Some players are just not gonna play well together based on personalities/playstyles and its hard to change your play style that you have been used to for years and seen success with it. I agree there are situations where people should stick it out but team changes are definitely a must sometimes.

well with how fickle these rosters are it sure does feel like everyone bails after their first loss

well with how fickle these rosters are it sure does feel like everyone bails after their first loss

It also doesn't help that a lot of these teams are forming without running many games or any games at all frankly.

You can't just sit back and watch and the whole "stick it out and keep practicing" philosophy is bullshit.

Never thought I'd hear this from a member of the original Status Quo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Y'all need to remember that for spectators, the HCS is all about entertainment. Drama is entertainment. We are ALL eating this shit up. I've seen people online today (including me) who haven't been on consistently for a while. This is great stimulation for the scene. THIS is what will help the scene grow, honestly. I'm not saying that all players should sketch out on teams for the sake of publicity, I'm just saying that when things like this happen (Ninja getting dropped, Lethul leaving EG, etc), it stimulates the scene significantly. Sure, it's bad for the scene when things like this happen all the time, but they don't. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Never thought I'd hear this from a member of the original Status Quo.

I mean he is no longer on the team with the rest of them anymore....

Glad to see Denial returning to the scene. Hopefully they take a more professional stance this time around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am actually borderline excited that Denial is coming back into Halo. From everything that went down, it sounded like CEODude learned a few lessons. It wasn't just Halo, or TB that was taking that dude down, it was many different sources/games.

I may be wrong, but didn't someone join in on Denial ownership recently? I see that as a positive step forward for them.

Between those two things I think it is a great opportunity to bring in an audience to the Halo scene. And I am all about helping the scene grow.

#optimistic

Y'all need to remember that for spectators, the HCS is all about entertainment. Drama is entertainment. We are ALL eating this shit up. I've seen people online today (including me) who haven't been on consistently for a while. This is great stimulation for the scene. THIS is what will help the scene grow, honestly. I'm not saying that all players should sketch out on teams for the sake of publicity, I'm just saying that when things like this happen (Ninja getting dropped, Lethul leaving EG, etc), it stimulates the scene significantly. Sure, it's bad for the scene when things like this happen all the time, but they don't. 

As a fan though, I want some legacy squads to go the distance. I don't want to buy a team jersey because I like the players and then have them bail. 

I'm a player fan, not an org fan. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

People really need to stop saying this. Team drama is only entertaining to the hardcore Halo scene followers. No one else gives a shit. They probably think it's dumb and makes them less prone to caring about Halo teams.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As a fan though, I want some legacy squads to go the distance. I don't want to buy a team jersey because I like the players and then have them bail. 

I'm a player fan, not an org fan. 

And that's fair. I agree that it's bad for the scene when players are switching teams like crazy, but honestly that doesn't really happen too often. Teams, especially at the higher level, tend to stay together for the most part. I mean, EG still has 3/4 of their players since S1 of the HCS. That's not bad at all. 

Actually that was me. I've taken on social media duty....so if RuL tweeting about competitive Halo is annoying...brace yourself. Haha

It's fine - just weird that they'd be "welcome back" -ed since they didn't pay player salaries, and the owner's a complete tool.

People really need to stop saying this. Team drama is only entertaining to the hardcore Halo scene followers. No one else gives a shit. They probably think it's dumb and makes them less prone to caring about Halo teams.

Personally I think everything you said is all speculation with no evidence. Cyren just posted that the page views today have been enormous. Look how many pages have been added to this thread since 24 hours ago. This is generating HUGE amounts of traffic and hits for competitive halo. This is a good thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's fine - just weird that they'd be "welcome back" -ed since they didn't pay player salaries, and the owner's a complete tool.

Crossing my fingers for better management. Otherwise feel free to throw tomatoes and this tweet at my face later.