CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So have we decided who got boned the hardest out of all this? 2gre could be argued but it's probably easier for him to slide into a good team. Renegades may have the hardest time finding a solid 4th. I'm not sure anyone that would fit is available.

2gre probably wouldn't fit well with RNG as he's a slower or more methodical player whereas Spartan and Ninja fly, maybe he could bring some structure there. I don't think he'd have the patience.

I'm not sure FiS is at a level they need him to be.

Is there talent anywhere in the top 20 teams that could be a better fit than the established names?

Is this a bad time to say that I'm a F/A with about 4k points? <3 noticemerenegades.jpg :(

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh man. Me and my team have been looking for a good 4th, but everyone we find has no points! If only there was some willing F/A out there with about 4k points who we could pick up!

• Upvote (+1) 1

As part of the H5 meta, it seems that the highest skilled players AREN'T going for Sniper.

E.g. Heinz, Randa, Unlegit, Commonly all being the main snipers, and sort of holding down the fort for their team, but not making crazy plays. These players also do a fair bit of obj. work. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anyone left a Roybox squad willingly? I've been trying to rack my brain, and my halo history might be failing me this morning. I can only think of instances where the twins dropped somebody, or the team dissolved altogether and the twins rebuilt. This LethuL move would be pretty historic if this is the first time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Somehow people went from people saying that Ogre2's age has to be some what of a factor to, "he's washed".

Reading comprehension people, fuck sake.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thinking about this more ... honestly I can understand Lethul wanting to leave EG, they've been strong in scrims but not completely dominant (winning scrims, but not blowouts), strong in qualifier cups but not completely dominant.  I'm sure he would have preferred waiting until after a LAN to make his decision but roster lock is too soon.  It's very risky (I would have never done it) but I can understand Lethul thinking that he'll be a better fit in CLG.

As for EG picking up Commonly ... I believe his highest placing at a LAN is top 48 (apart from IG Daytona) and it seems incredibly risky to focus on someone with so little LAN experience.  OG2 is the most obvious pickup, I think; he placed top 2 in most H2A events and is obviously incredibly consistent.  I understand why EG wouldn't pick up any other long-time pros who are known quantities (I love Ninja but everyone knows by this point that he'll never be a top 10 player), but they can literally pick almost any player they want ... Commonly over OG2 seems questionable to me.  

What? What injuries could you possibly get from playing Halo that would be caused by age that wouldn't be equally as likely as playing at 16? Seriously, what? His hands aren't going to 'break down' anymore than mine are from driving a car for 10 years, playing games and using a keyboard. Gamers aren't physical athletes that put enormous strains on knee's and stuff. They're mental athletes and if anything age will only improve that.

Do you know what years of claw can do to your hands? A lot of young people have massive hand issues from long term playing. Hell, ogre2 himself tweeted recently about having to ice them after a qualifier

Renegades picking up FiS would be a huge mistake IMO. Every time Ninja has teamed with FiS bad things have happened.

Plus with FIS's lack of points, it would drop Renegades down from 4th to 7th place on the ladder

As part of the H5 meta, it seems that the highest skilled players AREN'T going for Sniper.

E.g. Heinz, Randa, Unlegit, Commonly all being the main snipers, and sort of holding down the fort for their team, but not making crazy plays. These players also do a fair bit of obj. work. 

Royal 2??? Defo in my top 5 most individually skilled players lol

Royal 2??? Defo in my top 5 most individually skilled players lol

Yeah, him and Snipedown def. stay in those roles. But other teams have taken a different approach... e.g. Arkanum & Mikwen not sniping as much.

As for EG picking up Commonly ... I believe his highest placing at a LAN is top 48 (apart from IG Daytona) and it seems incredibly risky to focus on someone with so little LAN experience.  OG2 is the most obvious pickup, I think; he placed top 2 in most H2A events and is obviously incredibly consistent.  I understand why EG wouldn't pick up any other long-time pros who are known quantities (I love Ninja but everyone knows by this point that he'll never be a top 10 player), but they can literally pick almost any player they want ... Commonly over OG2 seems questionable to me.  

Halo 5 is a completely new game. To question Snipedown, Roy, and Lunchbox's judgement here seems completely wrong to me. Sure LAN experience is a big factor but all of H5 has been played online so that's really all there is to judge a player on. Obviously Commonly has been playing well enough to grab the attention of other pros. Mikwen himself said that Commonly is an all around amazing player along with endorsements from other pros so I'm not doubting this pick up at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cant believe no one has said anything about SnakeBites post. Would like to hear the whole story once the dust settles a little more. 

Even though non of it matters. We didn't have our org do anything for us. Sadly things just get said behind everyone's back :/ 

Plus with FIS's lack of points, it would drop Renegades down from 4th to 7th place on the ladder

Yeah but basing it on points is going to be hard. Someone has to leave their team.

They have an opportunity to get points this weekend because Renegades will place top 8 virtually no matter who they pick up.

But then the roster lock becomes tricky....

Can't wait for teams to run with people tonight.

Check out this feature the Gfinity guys did on the Epsilon squad last weekend. Stuff like this is awesome for growing player's personas and growing teams fanbases.

• Upvote (+1) 9