CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

you spelled cratos wrong

The weak link on every top 8 team is freaking out right about now. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

you are going to drop ogre on his anniversary? Godfather 4 confirmed

*ogre to lethul*

godfather-gif.gif

*lethul to snipedown*

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ogre 2 is at the kobe stage of his career. Best of luck to him but he doesnt seem like a top player anymore...sinilar to walshy in h3 but not as bad

Except Kobe plays a physical sport with very real wear and tear putting his body in a position where it just can't do what it once could. Are you telling me Ogre 2, who is a professional gamer, can't play at a top level at the age of 29 when Kobe could at 35. Sure there is some decline but I think people are completely discrediting Ogre 2's skill set and looking way too hard into stats. The leadership and non computable benefits Ogre 2 brings to a team are immeasurable and far reaching.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The OGRE's got me in to Halo, and 2gre is the GOAT but you gotta take into account that even though he won at harder games, the scene wasn't nearly as big back in the day. Some of those kids in 05 VOD, lol.

The competition was a lot better and there was more of it. What was it 256 teams at a Halo tourney back in the MLG days and now we struggle to get 60?

• Upvote (+1) 8

The OGRE's got me in to Halo, and 2gre is the GOAT but you gotta take into account that even though he won at harder games, the scene wasn't nearly as big back in the day. Some of those kids in 05 VOD, lol.

The 06-07' Halo 2 scene was more competitive/had more competitors/better teams than the last few years of Halo though?

• Upvote (+1) 9

I feel for guys like 2gre. This is life changing money, but there's a way to do things. I wonder what his options will be so close to roster lock.

I'd like to see Ogre 2 replace Cloud on EnvyUs. That team is way too hotheaded, Cloud being part of the problem, and he's not very skilled at H5. Ogre 2's maturity would really help that team.

Renegades might seem like the best choice at face value but he is not like Commonly at all, he cannot slay and make plays like Commonly can in H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I really don't think APG would be a good fit for RNG, he and Ninja butt heads too much. We saw it firsthand in H4 when APG was on Warriors.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja and apg together?

hmmm or

In b4 APG/Heinz take over Ninja's spot and form Leftovers v3 with Spartan and Vic X.   :kappa:

Except Kobe plays a physical sport with very real wear and tear putting his body in a position where it just can't do what it once could. Are you telling me Ogre 2, who is a professional gamer, can't play at a top level at the age of 29 when Kobe could at 35. Sure there is some decline but I think people are completely discrediting Ogre 2's skill set and looking way too hard into stats. The leadership and non computable benefits Ogre 2 brings to a team are immeasurable and far reaching.

What about the time he had to ice his hands after the qualifier while everyone else stayed online playing? His age is catching up.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The competition was a lot better and there was more of it. What was it 256 teams at a Halo tourney back in the MLG days and now we struggle to get 60?

That was end of 07 - mid H3 era though.

2gre's reached the ceiling while everyone else is still searching for the ladder.

And it honestly doesn't matter what people say about Tom as a player. He actually won in games that mattered with real competition. He's the only original MLG pro left playing Halo. No one else in the game came from CE and is still at the top.

No argument from me. Theres a reason hes the  :goat: Just trying to see it from EGs perspective.

It's been scientifically proven that your reflexes and reaction times don't decrease until you're well into your life-span. So before anyone comes in here with that BS. The reason pros retire is lack of motivation and self doubt. Why you think T2 stopped competing? Not enough money in the game. Why did he come back? Lot's of money in the game. Doubt he'll go anywhere though seeing as he starting playing 2 months late. lol

• Upvote (+1) 4

What about the time he had to ice his hands after the qualifier while everyone else stayed online playing? His age is catching up.

If icing your hands after 12 hours of gaming is your biggest issue then I think you are doing alright.