CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What did I miss on maniacs stream last night?

Lots of shots. A huge donator. And a lot of dancing... Not to mention a passed out Maniac lol

I'm excited for Breakout as well.

Also Smite is garbage. It is the moba for people who can't play mobas. 

No, that's called Warzone  :kappa: .

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lots of shots. A huge donator. And a lot of dancing... Not to mention a passed out Maniac lol

:walshy: :walshy:

In Hec's recent Q and A, he mentioned Formal being on a new Halo Optic Nation team.

@ 15:45

Formal, APG, Pistola, Heinz = Optic Nation?

ikU9XaNrHkJwb.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

The way he says it makes it sound like the deal is basically done and this new team will be going as Optic Nation.

I wonder where Formal will go if there starts being overlaps with Halo/COD

The way he says it makes it sound like the deal is basically done and this new team will be going as Optic Nation.

I wonder where Formal will go if there starts being overlaps with Halo/COD

As much as it sucks, I think if he had to make that choice at this point in time he'd pick Call of Duty.  Whether Halo 5 blows up as much as we all want is still to be determined.  It would also obviously depend on just how good his roster is, assuming there's actually going to be one.  I do agree though that it sounds like moves are being made for him to at least be playing Halo again, which is fantastic.

In Hec's recent Q and A, he mentioned Formal being on a new Halo Optic Nation team.

I hope when he says 'new Optic Nation team', that's just a placeholder name cause they don't have an official name yet.

Really hoping for that Optic Ambush.

I hope when he says 'new Optic Nation team', that's just a placeholder name cause they don't have an official name yet.

It will be Optic Nation. It won't have Ambush in it.

Formal, APG, Pistola, Heinz = Optic Nation?

ikU9XaNrHkJwb.gif

Welcome to two weeks ago.

No.

It will be Optic Nation. It won't have Ambush in it.

Thank you.

As much as it sucks, I think if he had to make that choice at this point in time he'd pick Call of Duty.  Whether Halo 5 blows up as much as we all want is still to be determined.  It would also obviously depend on just how good his roster is, assuming there's actually going to be one.  I do agree though that it sounds like moves are being made for him to at least be playing Halo again, which is fantastic.

I think Formal will always choose whatever pays out more and has more competition. He's said time and time again that he's in it to compete and win, and that's it. If Halo 5 continues to pay out like crazy, I think we'll see a lot more of Formal on the main stage. 

i81rp.jpg

But seriously, confused we haven't heard more from WFX or Chigwen. 

Looks like Naded will team w/ Str8 Sick and two others; he's also played games with El Town, Goofy, & FrostyTheTruth. 

Chigwen to WFX would be a great team, but I doubt that'll happen. Maybe they join C9, and replace Hysteria? Hysteria to WFX then? 

There aren't that many top free agents...

• Upvote (+1) 1

i81rp.jpg

Looks like Naded will team w/ Str8 Sick and two others; he's also played games with El Town, Goofy, & FrostyTheTruth. 

Chigwen to WFX would be a great team, but I doubt that'll happen. Maybe they join C9, and replace Hysteria? Hysteria to WFX then? 

I could see a WFX team with Ryan, Chig, Mikwen, and Arkanum. It'd just be like S1 Denial but with Arkanum over Cloud. Could be pretty good...

Like you said, the F/A pool is pretty shallow. There aren't many options right now

• Upvote (+1) 1

Excellence to break up?

Who is RC picking up?

What time is the next episode of Dragonball Z? I'm with @@ZipCity117, this here thread is getting mighty quiet.

If Enable was to come back and make a Faze Halo team(or just join a team with a different org), who would he be most likely to team with?

Imo if he was able to somehow team with Royal 2 and Sbite again whether that be on CLG or not they could have a very good shot at first. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Excellence to break up?

Who is RC picking up?

What time is the next episode of Dragonball Z? I'm with @@ZipCity117, this here thread is getting mighty quiet.

Err...

They broke up weeks ago.

i81rp.jpg

Hysteria and Naded teaming together will likely never happen again. They briefly teamed in Reach and my god that did not work out. Huge personality clash.

You guys need to think outside the box - there are quite a few returning pros that have been gaming lately with current pros. Best Man, Clutch, Cpt Anarchy, Goofy, and SK said himself he's looking to compete in H5. These are all players that can easily form up a solid squad with each other or with some current pros.

I'm sticking to my predictions from a couple days ago:

Random Predictions

Chigwen joins WFX with Arkanum and Ryanoob.

Naded teams with Str8 Sick, Goofy, and some 4th (maybe El Town since they were gaming together) possibly under the WFX brand as well.

I'm not sure what's happening with C9 but I believe we'll see either SK or Best Man join - maybe both. But in the case of both I'm not sure what would happen with FiS and Victory.

CLG has been quiet but I feel like as we get closer to an actual legit event I can see them changing things up. If anything, I can see Cloud getting dropped IF a perceivable "upgrade" becomes available. But now I'm just reaching.

Edit: Also I wanna add that I think Legit will at the very least show up for the 1 mill tourney. Legit "retired" back in H3 but came back a couple months later. He definitely doesn't have the drive to grind anymore but he hasn't really had it since H3 and he's still been placing pretty decently since then. I just think that partially goes to show how beast Legit really is. I can't see him missing out on a tourney for 1 million, even if it means going with no practice whatsoever. But we'll see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm excited to just see the new teams and players emerge to be honest. I remember back in Halo 3 there was a team that no one had heard of who only played online, went to an event and placed well and it was really exciting to see. Anyone remember who it was?

Hysteria and Naded teaming together will likely never happen again. They briefly teamed in Reach and my god that did not work out. Huge personality clash.

You guys need to think outside the box - there are quite a few returning pros that have been gaming lately with current pros. Best Man, Clutch, Cpt Anarchy, Goofy, and SK said himself he's looking to compete in H5. These are all players that can easily form up a solid squad with each other or with some current pros.

I'm sticking to my predictions from a couple days ago:

Edit: Also I wanna add that I think Legit will at the very least show up for the 1 mill tourney. Legit "retired" back in H3 but came back a couple months later. He definitely doesn't have the drive to grind anymore but he hasn't really had it since H3 and he's still been placing pretty decently since then. I just think that partially goes to show how beast Legit really is. I can't see him missing out on a tourney for 1 million, even if it means going with no practice whatsoever. But we'll see.

When I said Hysteria to WFX, I meant with Ryanoob & Arkanum. They also played together in an online H2C tourney recently. 

I'm just skeptical that Mikwen & Ryanoob would team with each other again, after all the drama & bad blood post-S1 Finals. 

Regarding the free agents you mentioned: Definitely think Goofy will team with Naded, can see SK going to C9, and the others joining a lesser team (possibly w/ Elumnite?). 

Also agree about Legit & the 1 mil. tourney. Would throw T2 in the same category. $tr8 Rippin

When I said Hysteria to WFX, I meant with Ryanoob & Arkanum. They also played together in an online H2C tourney recently. 

I'm just skeptical that Mikwen & Ryanoob would team with each other again, after all the drama & bad blood post-S1 Finals. 

There's drama between them, sure, but Mikwen did tweet out that "he doesn't hold grudges" around the same time that Hienz and APG left. I feel like that was a subtweet about Ryan, but who knows?

Also agree about Legit & the 1 mil. tourney. Would throw T2 in the same category. $tr8 Rippin

And Elamite?  :ghost: