CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Whats happening with that Iron Gaming event than? Will people go to it since its 2 days after release? The event is confusing me a bit, don't know what to expect

Whats happening with that Iron Gaming event than? Will people go to it since its 2 days after release? The event is confusing me a bit, don't know what to expect

Highly doubt that Top 8 teams will attend, as they will be trying to take advantage of Twitch viewership. 

Rumour is that this is IG's last event as well. Pretty sure @@FrankTheShow said that majority of the guys were laid off/left.

Are we gonna have an official F/A list? For all the top 16/8 teams?

Highly doubt that Top 8 teams will attend, as they will be trying to take advantage of Twitch viewership.

Rumour is that this is IG's last event as well. Pretty sure @@FrankTheShow said that majority of the guys were laid off/left.

All of the people I have done business with in the past are gone.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You would be correct sir, I do not see any of the top 8 teams going but so far passes are selling so I believe some teams will still go. As to the rumor I can not confirm that it will be Iron Gaming's last event, however this will be my last event with Iron Gaming I will be moving on as many others have as well. I have ran every halo event with Iron Gaming and have enjoyed the people I have met along the way but Iron Gaming is taking another path and I wish them the best of luck. I hope everyone can make it to Daytona as it will be a very fun event. I and the team are doing our very best to make sure we have a great event! Also thank you to all the Team Beyond crew for the support and what you guys do with Halo I believe Halo has a bright future to look forward to!

On a side note I will be doing my best to get everyone as many throwback online tournaments as I can :)  Game on friends! 

I hope people still come it is Florida after all :) 

• Upvote (+1) 9

You would be correct sir, I do not see any of the top 8 teams going but so far passes are selling so I believe some teams will still go. As to the rumor I can not confirm that it will be Iron Gaming's last event, however this will be my last event with Iron Gaming I will be moving on as many others have as well. I have ran every halo event with Iron Gaming and have enjoyed the people I have met along the way but Iron Gaming is taking another path and I wish them the best of luck. I hope everyone can make it to Daytona as it will be a very fun event. I and the team are doing our very best to make sure we have a great event! Also thank you to all the Team Beyond crew for the support and what you guys do with Halo I believe Halo has a bright future to look forward to!

On a side note I will be doing my best to get everyone as many throwback online tournaments as I can :)  Game on friends! 

I hope people still come it is Florida after all :)

That is unfortunate. Might be a good way for some AM's to get known. Hopefully Halo gives you more opportunities in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love watching events so I'll definitely tune in. It'll be another good opportunity to see how H5 plays as well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sorry, but I'd take Heinz over 2gre at this point in time. Just compare how they played the beta...

• Upvote (+1) 1

When it comes to new teams, ppl need to think outside of the Top8 S2. There will be some old pros comming back and they could mix up things a lot. Question is, what former players we could see return ?

Lets start here:

SK

Bestman

Totz

Legit

Goofy

Thrust

Zoowoo

Gabriel

Munoz

Septic

Enable (forming Faze Halo squad ?)

Idk, who else we could/not see ? Teams will storm down fast i think, they want to get hands on H5 as quick as they can. We may see new teams for Pax or Launch Invitational.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You dont even get sponsored, you get an "interview" to get sponsored.

Like.. what?

Just woke up to thinking about this...God knows why.

Anyway, i actually think this is a really nice idea, not for finding the best team, but as a way of getting more amatures involved in the HCS. I think as the recent rostamanias have shown, we don't have the largest pool of quality players and new talent is hard to come by (especially with most of the top teams basically teaming with their mates).

Imagine EG running a similar competition for a chance to play on their B-team. Ok this idea is far from being fully fleshed out, but I would tune into a 'Halo's next top Pro' stream.

Again you don't necessarily get the best team ever but you break down the barrier a bit, you never know, we may actually find a decent player or two and you generate some interest.

Don't get me wrong I love the current batch of pros but for Halo to expand we need to think of ways to make the jump to pro easier for those with the talent to do so.

That's my two cents for the day. Now back to my holiday!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just woke up to thinking about this...God knows why.

Anyway, i actually think this is a really nice idea, not for finding the best team, but as a way of getting more amatures involved in the HCS. I think as the recent rostamanias have shown, we don't have the largest pool of quality players and new talent is hard to come by (especially with most of the top teams basically teaming with their mates).

Imagine EG running a similar competition for a chance to play on their B-team. Ok this idea is far from being fully fleshed out, but I would tune into a 'Halo's next top Pro' stream.

Again you don't necessarily get the best team ever but you break down the barrier a bit, you never know, we may actually find a decent player or two and you generate some interest.

Don't get me wrong I love the current batch of pros but for Halo to expand we need to think of ways to make the jump to pro easier for those with the talent to do so.

That's my two cents for the day. Now back to my holiday!!

The scene was dead for long time, that is why we didnt get to see new players. All we need is consistent "seasons" with enough tournament wich will actually give new players a chance to show up. Remember ToxicNate from H4GC ? Anima from gamescom last year ? Septic moving to US ? It already started.

However i do like your "b team" idea. More obvious ways for amateurs to get in, that would be great.

The scene was dead for long time, that is why we didnd get to see new players. All we need is consistent "seasons" with enough tournament wich will actually give new players a chance to show up. Remember ToxicNate from H4GC ? Anima from gamescom last year ? Septic moving to US ? It already started.

However i do like your "b team" idea. More obvious ways for amateurs to get in, that would be great.

This is true. Plus with bigger prize pools and more promotion focus by 343i and Microsoft there is inevitably going to be some growth.

Yeah b-team is the best I could come up with, that or 343i holding a similar competition yearly to sponsor a team. With the added bonus of that team would then be coached and trained by the 343i pro team. Might be interesting.

Also, this makes ithe idea sound more like ultimate fighter and less like Americas next top model!

When it comes to new teams, ppl need to think outside of the Top8 S2. There will be some old pros comming back and they could mix up things a lot. Question is, what former players we could see return ?

Lets start here:

SK

Bestman

Totz

Legit

Goofy

Thrust

Zoowoo

Gabriel

Munoz

Septic

Enable (forming Faze Halo squad ?)

Idk, who else we could/not see ? Teams will storm down fast i think, they want to get hands on H5 as quick as they can. We may see new teams for Pax or Launch Invitational.

I strongly doubt we'll ever see Totz again.

PreDevoNator, Contra, BesTman, Cpt Anarchy rumor.  :intel:

Contra deserves better.

• Upvote (+1) 1