CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I asked this question a while ago but it was lost in the ether. Now it's slowed down a little I'll ask it again.

How important is a coach going to be during the Regionals and Finals? Is it a double edged sword for these new teams with little event experience and no coach? Is Towey's presence standing behind them going to be the difference between EG winning that game 5 against AE or losing it? Do CLG have a replacement for Royal 1? A calm head is going to make a huge difference.

Coaches will keep times on powerups, weapons. Make sure everyone is keeping calm and on task. Reminding a team to set up for an overshield can make or break a gametype.

Why is an Org so important to alot of the teams?

They pay for your flights. You get some free stuff.

Do Orgs take a cut of your winnings? Or do they make there money off sponsors who see the Org have a good team, in a popular game and want to sponsor that team.

Looking at it from EGs perspective. They are pretty much guaranteed to win big at finals. Surly coming in the top 3 at least. EG (the org) take a cut of the winnings of possibly 400,000. Surly alot more than what it cost them to pay for flights. I dont see why top players would need them as such.

From an amateurs perspective. They dont have the money for flights, they get them paid for. Maybe when some money. And if the org take a cut, it doesnt really matter cause the players might not have made it there in the first place if the flights werent helped out with.

Is it more to do with building a foundation and fanbase of sorts ? Obviously being apart of Optic can really further your career as a personality and streamer. Or do they simply not take a cut of the winnings so it makes alot more sense why a top player would want them?

Does every player apart of an org have a salary ? Is that the main reason?

Im talking about something I dont know anything about so anyone who knows more, could you enlighten me.

So is FiS a free agent or what team is he on?

He's on a top 32 team with some AM players ... honestly a bit surprised.  He isn't exactly at his peak (gameplay-wise) but I'm surprised that no one else picked him up

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do Orgs take a cut of your winnings? Or do they make there money off sponsors who see the Org have a good team, in a popular game and want to sponsor that team.

Looking at it from EGs perspective. They are pretty much guaranteed to win big at finals. Surly coming in the top 3 at least. EG (the org) take a cut of the winnings of possibly 400,000. Surly alot more than what it cost them to pay for flights. I dont see why top players would need them as such.

From an amateurs perspective. They dont have the money for flights, they get them paid for. Maybe when some money. And if the org take a cut, it doesnt really matter cause the players might not have made it there in the first place if the flights werent helped out with.

Is it more to do with building a foundation and fanbase of sorts ? Obviously being apart of Optic can really further your career as a personality and streamer. Or do they simply not take a cut of the winnings so it makes alot more sense why a top player would want them?

Does every player apart of an org have a salary ? Is that the main reason?

Im talking about something I dont know anything about so anyone who knows more, could you enlighten me.

I think EG pay their players a salary as well as not taking anything from their winnings.

But I agree on these smaller orgs. Might just go org-less since everything is paid for, if you happened to qualify.

@@Spartan uploaded the CTF Coliseum game from his perspective. Didn't even flinch when he got a Killtac.

• Upvote (+1) 9

FiS was awful by pro standards just 6 weeks ago. He has improved ten fold since then. In my opinion he is good enough to be on a top 8 team. Unfortunate that no one has given him a chance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

fis is highly underrated - that guy wont ever lose what makes him special as a player. i cant tell why the pro teams are leaving him out

@@Moa better to stay focused on the next play. had it been mm u best believe ud see a lil doggy dance.

• Upvote (+1) 2

better to stay focused on the next play. had it been mm u best believe ud see a lil doggy dance. tyler is a entertainer man

Totally. Just amazing to see someone stay so cool while getting a multi-kill. Very rare you'll find someone like that.

@@Spartan uploaded the CTF Coliseum game from his perspective. Didn't even flinch when he got a Killtac.

Spartan is definitely one of the best players in the game right now, that was ridiculous.

dat crouch strafe at 1:52 doh. Royal 2 missed like 4 shots for the headshot

• Upvote (+1) 3

Most of these top Orgs are also paying their players a salary.

I will never get the hoodie under the headset thing, it would drive me nuts.

Good stuff @@Spartan, keep up the yt grind.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was watching the Renegades/CLG scrim last night from Spartan's stream and the guy really is just the full package. I was really impressed with their Truth Slayer despite losing by ~10. CLG runs the Carbine spawn trap so well, but Spartan was shotcalling his team into coordinating a push out to red very well. And on top of slaying so well, the guy is willing to push the needed positions and take a death if he has to.

The whole team is stacked really. Rapidly becoming a Renegades fan.

• Upvote (+1) 3

fis is highly underrated - that guy wont ever lose what makes him special as a player. i cant tell why the pro teams are leaving him out

@@Moa better to stay focused on the next play. had it been mm u best believe ud see a lil doggy dance.

FiS is wildly mediocre at H5 by pro standards. He's just not where the other top players are. Not to say he can't get there, but he's not there now and he won't be for some time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's all I was saying, but I can agree. Idk, Los has always been a good guy to me, has tried to help me with my competitive career and has always been a good friend. Once you get to know him, he's a good guy, just likes to talk trash more than most

There's a HUGE difference between talking shit and talking about someone having a potentially terminal illness, pretty fucked up IMO

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Royal 2, Spartan, and ItzSoFrosty are definitely top 5 players in this game right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Been watching Spartan a lot lately and he has so much individual skill, he's definitely up there with the elite slayers of the game

Stellur would have more followers than flame and maniac if he was buff.

And if he wasn't terrified of the camera and had any desire to create videos.

I think Royal 2, Spartan, and ItzSoFrosty are definitely top 5 players in this game right now.

I'm in full agreement.

Thinking about all of them on the same team makes my pants tight.