CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Playing a Bo3 single elim is the equivalent of playing 1 quarter in football. Sure the team that played better won but that's not nearly enough time to decide which team is "better" Bo5 single elim is like playing until halftime.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Maniac, Flame and Assault have always been players that are far more impressive to play against on LAN imo. I don't think its connection - its the mentality of those players to overcome challenges maybe. They are warriors in tournaments and have some serious fight in em. I hope they make it to regionals. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I truly don't understand how Optic can complain about Bo3. They're clearly not a top team. They know it, whether or not they admit it. If you know your opponent is better, where do you think you have a better chance against better teams? Bo3 or Bo5?

The #1 team will be determined at x-games. That's a true LAN experience, IMO, for big stakes.

I still think eg and clg will be the top teams at LAN, but right now, allegiance is the better online qualifier team, especially with so many breakouts and slayers playing such a huge role.

I think I agree with what most people are saying in this regard but time will tell at x-games

"In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher."

-Dalai Lama

That doesn't seem to be going over so well. :kappa:

I never said that  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I agree with most of what you are saying, but EG literally beat themselves, as it was Roy's grenade that secured the final kill.

What about the other 49 kills? I know everybody loves EG but let's not be ridiculous.

Remember when "Optic top 12" was a prediction based on how bad their team was looking at the time?

How times have changed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think his point is that the team who deserves to win is the one who plays best on the day.

Say for example there's a team which destroys every single online cup and every event but just doesn't perform as well at the finals. Did they deserve the win? Even though they didn't perform as well at the finals they're still probably the best team.

thanks. This is what I meant. You explained it better then me

What about the other 49 kills? I know everybody loves EG but let's not be ridiculous.

Exactly. Football example incoming: Blair Walsh (kicker for Minnesota vikings) scored ALL the points for his team up until his last kick that would have won them the game. He missed. People were actually upset with him. One mistake doesn't account for the rest of the game

To follow up on my Optic comment. Think of it this way. Why does Optic think they are a top 8 team (like they reference in that vision video) or even deserve to be a top 15 team, if they are trading games (and barely beating ' (Nerdy, babyj, etc) who is currently 19th seed? Why don't we argue how they should be top 15. They have beat Optic, that they would go further with a better bracket, etc. Because of names?

The argument can be made for a bunch of teams. Fact is making top 16 in the OT isn't a cake walk and come that round of 32 you might not be playing total scrubs for top 16.

Finally who in top 8 do they honestly think they are consistent and without question better than? Even the top 11!

1 : Allegiance eSports

2 : Evil Geniuses

3 : Counter Logic Gaming

4 : Renegades

5 : Team Liquid

6 : Team EnvyUs

7 : Lets Get This Money

8 : Dream Team

9 : Noble eSports

10 : Team eLevate

11 : Disobey

Probably more likely to take games off 7-11, but don't think I'd wager on it at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

in reality I think that Optic will make top 8 if they get to Regionals. It's worth keeping in mind, that Optic are all playing in the same house right next to each other though, so thinking they will become drastically better at Regionals is wishful thinking. I think the advantage will be from experience.

Remember when "Optic top 12" was a prediction based on how bad their team was looking at the time?

How times have changed.

Watching @Lxthul twitch clip, it's pretty clear that their teamwork / decision-making is not up to par. Don't know why they don't have a coach/analyst...

• Upvote (+1) 2

To follow up on my Optic comment. Think of it this way. Why does Optic think they are a top 8 team (like they reference in that vision video) or even deserve to be a top 15 team, if they are trading games (and barely beating ' (Nerdy, babyj, etc) who is currently 19th seed? Why don't we argue how they should be top 15. They have beat Optic, that they would go further with a better bracket, etc. Because of names?

The argument can be made for a bunch of teams. Fact is making top 16 in the OT isn't a cake walk and come that round of 32 you might not be playing total scrubs for top 16.

Finally who in top 8 do they honestly think they are consistent and without question better than? Even the top 11!

1 : Allegiance eSports

2 : Evil Geniuses

3 : Counter Logic Gaming

4 : Renegades

5 : Team Liquid

6 : Team EnvyUs

7 : Lets Get This Money

8 : Dream Team

9 : Noble eSports

10 : Team eLevate

11 : Disobey

Probably more likely to take games off 7-11, but don't think I'd wager on it at all.

Because they beat up on a lot of teams ahead of them in the seedings in scrims/GBs.

They are better than Dream Team, Lets get this Money, Noble, Disobey, Elevate. I'm not really sure how that is even a question, to be honest.

It is important to see how Optic is at the # that they are at.

They lost to " ' " in the second qualifier, which was definitely their worst loss. But then they loss to three VERY good teams to get knocked out in the other 3.

In the same vein, Liquid lost to Overdrive, which was just as much of a fluke as Optic losing to " ' ". Does anyone believe that Overdrive is better than Liquid? No.

It is not about excuses, because at the end of the day you have to get through Allegiance, Liquid, and CLG (The 3 teams that knocked them out), but it is really important to understand the situation in full context.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Watching @Lxthul twitch clip, it's pretty clear that their teamwork / decision-making is not up to par. Don't know why they don't have a coach/analyst...

I would say that is the #1 thing they are lacking. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing a Bo3 single elim is the equivalent of playing 1 quarter in football. Sure the team that played better won but that's not nearly enough time to decide which team is "better" Bo5 single elim is like playing until halftime.

Completely agree, especially with S&D, some teams are incredible at the slower game modes (CTF, S&D) and not so good at Hardpoint. Has to be best of three minimum, but with CoD's pace best of 5 is easy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Personally I don't care about the outcome if scrims. When I see CLG play poorly in scrims and then beat everyone, I've seen all I need to know.

I highly question Optic being better then the teams you named. Could they win, sure. But to act like it is far fetched that Optic isn't as good as those teams, that's just straight up nostalgia clouding your vision.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think at this point in time we should update the first post to include the top 16 seeds, even if there are changes being made to teams. https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=4CF7C6767800AED2!107&ithint=file%2cxlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!AOOy68r8I5IiGUI

Don't know how to link on the forums but this includes updated teams/points and shows when its last been updated. @@CyReN

Wow, this is actually pretty great.