CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well, there you go...

Did the roster submitted have to be the same one on gamebattles or tied in any way to the HWC rosters? Just curious, if you know.

Ninja's vlog was released at 5PM, and he'd just joined a new team.  You do the math. :)

Nah, FPS genre is too vague for their to be one main game.

As for overwatch, the combination of the game being a higher spec than most currently popular games in Asia, and having to pay up front for the game, makes it unlikely it will be popular in China/Korea

Asia is all about Crossfire when it comes to FPS.

you know halo 5's population has plummeted since launch right? halo 5 is a niche game, and that's okay

the pros can play and make decent money, i think it's like 50k per player guaranteed at this point for top 4, that is awesome

halo 5 right now isn't even in the top 10 of xbox live, it's getting smashed by 4 other multiplayer FPS games, with rainbox six right on it's heels

please don't get your hopes up because you will get disappointed 

formal and every other cod pro would be stupid to come back to halo, these guys are making 200k a year playing video games, sorry but halo missed the boat this time around

maybe halo 6 will be different

Talking about money and you bring up population? I know what you are saying, but honestly who cares. Tournaments and money aren't dependent on it honestly. If it was we wouldn't have HWC right now.

You are ignoring my point. 300k+ > 200k

Lethul will out earn Formal this year, take it to the bank.  :intel:  :lxthul:

• Downvote (-1) 1

There has been some good things, the daily pop ups on h5, the movie theater trailer (which would be more effective on normal television but hey I'm not complaining.) But it seems like everything is just going through the motions and not being put as the main priority. Info and upcoming news should be pumped out like a sweatshop.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Talking about money and you bring up population? I know what you are saying, but honestly who cares. Tournaments and money aren't dependent on it honestly. If it was we wouldn't have HWC right now.

You are ignoring my point. 500k+ > 200k

Lethul will out earn Formal this year, take it to the bank.  :intel:  :lxthul:

yes, the winners and perhaps 2nd place will out earn a lot of cod players

3-8th? naw, not even close

money is great for pros, population is great for joes

99.9% of people are joe's

There has been some good things, the daily pop ups on h5, the movie theater trailer (which would be more effective on normal television but hey I'm not complaining.) But it seems like everything is just going through the motions and not being put as the main priority. Info and upcoming news should be pumped out like a sweatshop.

It just seems fake to me. Whereas the CWL seems so genuine. I don't see any fire or passion like in most other eSports.

I can't really explain further. It's just the way it feels.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It just seems fake to me. Whereas the CWL seems so genuine. I don't see any fire or passion like in most other eSports.

I can't really explain further. It's just the way it feels.

Agree. I know what you mean and I blame marketing for it. That is their job.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you telling me those cool meme pics the HCS Twitter replies with aren't doing anything? :lxthul:

Seriously, I do agree with everything you are saying. It all seems to be just cruise control at this point. Hope they ramp it up a bit more in the coming months. This is a legitimate shot to grow the scene and shouldn't be wasted.

Are you telling me those cool meme pics the HCS Twitter replies with aren't doing anything? :lxthul:

Seriously, I do agree with everything you are saying. It all seems to be just cruise control at this point. Hope they ramp it up a bit more in the coming months. This is a legitimate shot to grow the scene and shouldn't be wasted.

We need another one of those HCS Updates featuring @@Bravo

We need another one of those HCS Updates featuring @@Bravo

Just hovered over your tag and noticed..

f3091d48d2a75283d135dc50bfd2e6aa.png

TwoEyes-Emoji.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like so much more can be done on an advertisement/social media front. i don't know if that's just me because I'm a Twitter addicted freak or what but it seems like it's just so lack luster. If I wasn't previously informed about things it would be really easy to miss a lot of info.

This has been something that has been echoed throughout the community for years. I think their efforts have improved drastically from lets say, Halo 4, but there is always for sure things that can be done. 

I think it is probably just because there is not that much going on? Maybe they feel it is best to let the respective leagues hosting the events do a majority of the coverage? 

@@GoldeNade

I think he would do very well on Twitch playing under OpTic

You think he would still be on OpTic by abandoning his CoD team? He's one of their best players, that would not fly probably. The other option would be to get on OpTic Halo, but to win they'd have to get a new roster, and Flamesword and Maniac are at the house. It'd be a huge mess. All of this just to gamble at winning when EG is the favorite is not worth it.

Did Disobey, make some team changes/drop players? Was mentioned in Ryanoobs stream, and Blaze/Burton are off the GB roster. But every teams been playing with different GB rosters lately for points, so i'm not sure. I read through the last few pages, never seen it mentioned. 

If it has happened, it could potentially move WinterFox up to the 10th seed.

Where in Colorado are you from? I'm planning on going with a few other buds that live here.

I am very close to Denver, what about you?

It never ceases to amaze me how many halo players there are in colorado, but we dont LAN.  :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it is probably just because there is not that much going on? Maybe they feel it is best to let the respective leagues hosting the events do a majority of the coverage? 

Geico's sells boring ass car insurance, literally nothing has changed in years. Yet they market the shit out of it. Some of the best commercials ever. Point being, you can market something even when nothing is going on, if you are good at your job. And if MS and 343 think it is wise to leave it up to 3rd parties to advertise their franchise game, then they are massive idiots. it's 2016 not 2004 anymore, the competition is here and it isn't going anywhere. Step up your game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@GoldeNade

You think he would still be on OpTic by abandoning his CoD team? He's one of their best players, that would not fly probably. The other option would be to get on OpTic Halo, but to win they'd have to get a new roster, and Flamesword and Maniac are at the house. It'd be a huge mess. All of this just to gamble at winning when EG is the favorite is not worth it.

Abandon? Didn't say he would just bolt, it would be discussed. I think Hecz would 100% let him Captain a Halo team if he wanted. They honestly would be fine in CoD without him and could get someone good enough to play on that team from everything I've heard.

You do know he was going to start (join/captain/whatever) an Optic Nation team for HWC right? I assume you do which is why your comment seems odd to me.

It never ceases to amaze me how many halo players there are in colorado, but we dont LAN. :(

I guess Halo is just not big in Colorado comparing to like Ohio

Geico's sells boring ass car insurance, literally nothing has changed in years. Yet they market the shit out of it. Some of the best commercials ever. Point being, you can market something even when nothing is going on, if you are good at your job. And if MS and 343 think it is wise to leave it up to 3rd parties to advertise their franchise game, then they are massive idiots. it's 2016 not 2004 anymore, the competition is here and it isn't going anywhere. Step up your game.

Exactly. The best marketing is constant. It's about brand building and recognition. You can't just market when you have something new.

The marketing and consumer interaction needs a serious step up from 343 (the HCS department in particular).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then you don't like Halo.

Really? Two WORLD renowned brands (ESPN/X-Games) hosting a Halo tournament during a competition (X Games) on a network (ESPN) that draws almost 100k people to their event and 37 MILLION people tune in over the course of the event and you dont see why everyone is pure HYPE?

I love Halo and I would like to see it grow but all in all, I don't see this event giving more hype to Halo as an "esport" at all. It even bothers me that this shitstorm of roster changes are happening  because of it, destroying any potential(for the N time) to establish a good franchise that people and fans can follow and see wherever they go. The focus of the teams and orgs and players should be the LONGEVITY of HWC, not just one and done event where only the top 6(wtf why?) can go. The X-games will continue on, but if HWC fails...there will be no more, no mas Halo to see/enjoy, and that is what worries me.

Needless to say, I will be watching the event and I hope it is successful.

Clg vs optic

Twitch.tv/royal2

Leftovers vs elevate

Twitch.tv/ninja

Liquid vs dream team

Twitch.tv/Heinz

• Upvote (+1) 4

Abandon? Didn't say he would just bolt, it would be discussed. I think Hecz would 100% let him Captain a Halo team if he wanted. They honestly would be fine in CoD without him and could get someone good enough to play on that team from everything I've heard.

You do know he was going to start an Optic Nation team for HWC right?

Even if Hecz gave him his own team, which is pretty unlikely now IMO, the viewership and consistent subs would not be there, and it'd be a huge gamble to even win--the strongest point imo. They're going to be favorites for every CoD tournament most likely. Consistent good cash > a huge risk. There's a reason he stuck with CoD. Yes he wanted to do both, but when Hecz said pick one, he chose the financially stable option.