CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can't happen obviously. Pretty sure teams had to submit rosters already.

Someone in the comments said "don't even think about leaving CoD". I'd bet he thinks about it quite a lot actually, especially since I think he genuinely liked playing H5, the HWC prize money, and now xgames. Like Hecz said, Formal is a quite dude, but bring up Halo and the passion starts flowing through him. He just seems to genuinely love Halo, for whatever reason (enjoys/enjoyed it, competition, friends, scene, nostalgia, who knows). I don't watch CoD but I gave it a try a few times to watch him and I just don't feel like he has the same passion for CoD, regardless if he is good at it or not. I feel like I could see him switch back or compete again in a substantial way if Halo keeps going well with prize money, sponsors, and so on. Money, in the end, runs the world.

COD offers much more exposure/money/opportunity in every measurable aspect compared to Halo.

Deadline was 5 PM yesterday.

Well, there you go...

Did the roster submitted have to be the same one on gamebattles or tied in any way to the HWC rosters? Just curious, if you know.

COD offers much more exposure/money/opportunity in every measurable aspect compared to Halo.

I know that. I said EVENTUALLY! If things continue to improve and go well.

Also, Formal is more of a competitor, not an "exposure" guy. He isn't Ninja or Maniac. He'd probably get the same sponsors and stay with Optic, same amount of viewers, and if the Halo prize pools continue doing well...I don't think it would be a big difference honestly.

Deadline was 5 PM yesterday.

Isn't playing in the final cup another way to do it? *Not the "Last Chance" one*

Isn't playing in the final cup another way to do it? *Not the "Last Chance" one*

What?

He is saying xgames rosters had to be submitted. Those rosters don't necessarily mean they are the same as what is submitted in OT#5 or, if not competing in OT5 via email.

I know that. I said EVENTUALLY! If things continue to improve and go well.

Also, Formal is more of a competitor, not an "exposure" guy. He isn't Ninja or Maniac. He'd probably get the same sponsors and stay with Optic, same amount of viewers, and if the Halo prize pools continue doing well...I don't think it would be a big difference honestly.

formal is a winner but he wants to be a pro gamer ($$$)

halo will never eclipse or come close to cod because it's a console exclusive and because it's a sci-fi game

i'm with you though, i wish formal would come back, but it would be dumb on his part

• Upvote (+1) 1

What?

He is saying xgames rosters had to be submitted. Those rosters don't necessarily mean they are the same as what is submitted in OT#5 or, if not competing in OT5 via email.

Ah, xgames. Thought it was just the orgs invited...

Surprised they didnt invite nV but dream team instead maybe it went by top 6 seeds?

That is exactly how it was decided.

formal is a winner but he wants to be a pro gamer ($$$)

halo will never eclipse or come close to cod because it's a console exclusive and because it's a sci-fi game

i'm with you though, i wish formal would come back, but it would be dumb on his part

Real question right now. I don't follow CoD at all, literally can't stand the game. So what does Formal make money on? How much money are we talking about as well (even if just looking at prize pool money)? I assume he makes money from Sponsorship, Twitch/MLG viewership. Does Optic have salary or anything? What else? Honest question as I don't know.

If prize money between Halo tournaments and CoD became narrow or even zero (something that 343 and MS could FORCE to happen, I mean look at HWC right now), he could stay under the Optic brand, keep sponsorship (cause lets be honest, CoD or Halo isn't going to matter on what you sponsor), willing to bet he would retain the same kind of viewership on Twitch. Where is the major difference? I concede if he did youtube videos and "content" it would be different. Hell he could have came back and competed for what I'm going to guess is going to end up as a $3-4 million tournament, and he almost did when it was, what, $1million? Again, I don't know what he makes playing CoD, but I'm willing to guess if he would have come back and won that he would have had higher earnings for the year.

To add more fuel to the fire, regarding Renegades Halo, all of the Members of Leftovers except Ninja have recently followed Leonyx who is the orgs GM.

https://twitter.com/Leonyx

(Cloud who was recently on Leftovers also recently followed Renegades on twitter)

Can somebody tell me what pros aren't on addy? Btw I will be at x-games eyeballing you guys. I know what addy heads look like  :lxthul:.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I recall someone saying (Totz?) that roughly half of pros do Addy ... I know for a fact that Maniac talked about doing it on the TLN stream, and there was a really suspicious looking interview with Roy at some MLG event.  Honestly a shame, maybe people have stopped by now

Real question right now. I don't follow CoD at all, literally can't stand the game. So what does Formal make money on? How much money are we talking about as well (even if just looking at prize pool money)? I assume he makes money from Sponsorship, Twitch/MLG viewership. Does Optic have salary or anything? What else? Honest question as I don't know.

If prize money between Halo tournaments and CoD became narrow or even zero (something that 343 and MS could FORCE to happen, I mean look at HWC right now), he could stay under the Optic brand, keep sponsorship (cause lets be honest, CoD or Halo isn't going to matter on what you sponsor), willing to bet he would retain the same kind of viewership on Twitch. Where is the major difference? I concede if he did youtube videos and "content" it would be different. Hell he could have came back and competed for what I'm going to guess is going to end up as a $3-4 million tournament, and he almost did when it was, what, $1million? Again, I don't know what he makes playing CoD, but I'm willing to guess if he would have come back and won that he would have had higher earnings for the year.

according to esports earnings he made 100k last year just from tournaments

i promise you he wouldn't retain a majority of his viewership if he switched games, cod kids want nothing to do with halo

he's making 6 figures + and that's why he's not going to change

and besides, after the HWC we are promised nothing, there are rumors of a pro league but even that isn't too enticing 

CoD has been sci-fi since Blops 2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He made over $100,000 just off of tournament winnings alone last year.  His stream has blown up and he routinely hits 2,000-4,000 viewers and racks up a ton of subscribers and donations.  He did a 24-hour stream the other day and pulled 200 subscribers that night alone.  He had a stream during Advanced Warfare wherein he literally got like $3,200 in donations after a huge train ensued.

Even without doing YouTube, he pulls in a huge amount of money.

In COD I'd say about 70-75% of the pros took addy. Probably the same in Halo maybe worse

CoD has been sci-fi since Blops 2.

i understand what you're saying but CoD is a lot more relatable than halo

it has tons of real world military parallels, it just has a broader appeal 

fuck cod tho

To add more fuel to the fire, regarding Renegades Halo, all of the Members of Leftovers except Ninja have recently followed Leonyx who is the orgs GM.

https://twitter.com/Leonyx

(Cloud who was recently on Leftovers also recently followed Renegades on twitter)

Ninja has been playing the Renegades song in his stream over and over. Fuelling the fire  :lxthul:

It disappoints me to say this, but all the Ola talk seems to be correct. I honestly thought/hoped Ola would be a top 5 player in H5, but after months of watching EnVy play, it's safe to say he's average. I almost wonder if he'd be better off retiring, and save whatever is left of his community image and competitive legacy. Also Mikwen might be better off as a F/A, the guy is very talented. I hope he finds a good squad.

Not necessarily true. I have always believed if a FPS e-sports game was to truly go mainstream like a sport and be like ESPN, it would have to be Sci-fi/Fantasy based because the mainstream media wouldn't easily accept blood and gore pseudo-realistic games where the goal is literally to stop the "terrorists" from arming a bomb. It would also have to posses global appeal, and we all know how prominent Korea/China/Indonesia/ect.. are in the e-sports scene and how their cultures gravitate towards Fantasy/Sci-fi themes much more than our ultra-realistic violent western themes. Basically, Blizzard would have to make it.  :P

• Upvote (+1) 2