CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

you can say Ninja sucks at the game all you want but numbers dont lie. He is Halo's biggest streamer. 

He can probably make more money streaming H1Z1 but he has stuck it out playing Halo. You have to give him props for attracting these top orgs that has benefited the other players.

i think Naded could have become a top streamer too. He is on a top team and puts on an enjoyable stream. For whatever reason he stopped streaming.

edit: also Maniac. I think he can pull in good numbers if he streams I dont know why he does not.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for your team. When your teammates are ready to scrim and can't because your sleeping then you aren't gonna be the most successful that you can be.

matching all 4 schedules is one of the most important parts of being a team though - it's everyones responsibility and sacrifice to make

you can say Ninja sucks at the game all you want but numbers dont lie. He is Halo's biggest streamer. 

how does his skill have anything to do with his viewership numbers?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea, it's quite insane. What a shitshow. It's basically the Wild Wild West right now. 

This definitely needs to stop if the community wants the collective public to respect "eSports" as an actual sport. There's barely any oversight at all. It's basically a bunch of teens and college-aged kids fucking with each other 24/7, dicking around, actin like high school dweebs tweeting all this drama and shit, with nothing to keep them in check (lmao contracts in this scene are a fuckin joke). They're the ones basically running the scene holding their owners and orgs hostage.

Yet people still EXPECT orgs to jump in, cover round-trip expenses, give away free gear, AND pay salary? What a bad look for the Halo scene considering the amount of time and investment these orgs have committed to entering the scene with. Hilarious

There isn't any stability in the scene at the moment, why would people stick together? There's one fucking stupidly gigantic tournament in the not too distant future and before it are a load of hoops these top players have to jump through. X-games if and when it happens will be the first actual tournament of the year, the next will be the major - there are no long term perspectives because currently there is no long term.

Also Halo's problems is a symptom of one language dominating the competition, there's no divide in terms of nations.

people here STILL don't get that Heinz is really good at H5? I think Liquid will end up improving with APG/Heinz. As long as Ace doesn't fuck up.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea, it's quite insane. What a shitshow. It's basically the Wild Wild West right now. 

This definitely needs to stop if the community wants the collective public to respect "eSports" as an actual sport. 

Yeh expect bone headed decisions like these dont happen as often in literally every other esport.

• Downvote (-1) 2

people here STILL don't get that Heinz is really good at H5? I think Liquid will end up improving with APG/Heinz. As long as Ace doesn't fuck up.  :lxthul:

You mean if APG doesn't lag out.

matching all 4 schedules is one of the most important parts of being a team thought - it's everyones responsibility and sacrifice to make

how does his skill have anything to do with his viewership numbers?

Agreed and Ace being the captain should have been the one to make the sacrifice. 1 vs 3 as well.

There isn't any stability in the scene at the moment, why would people stick together? There's one fucking stupidly gigantic tournament in the not too distant future and before it are a load of hoops these top players have to jump through. X-games if and when it happens will be the first actual tournament of the year, the next will be the major - there are no long term perspectives because currently there is no long term.

Also Halo's problems is a symptom of one language dominating the competition, there's no divide in terms of nations.

Well 343 already announced (kinda) the pro league after HWC.

Ninja even said that a lot of decisions were made because of the Xgames. With HWC looming, panic decisions for a meager 30k prize pool is baffling.

Need a recap, TeamBeyond writers get to writing  :saucey:

I'm not writing a recap that will be irrelevant next week, or even by this weekend.

Yeh expect bone headed decisions like these dont happen as often in literally every other esport.

cod has been just as bad if not worse in some cases

This definitely needs to stop if the community wants the collective public to respect "eSports" as an actual sport. There's barely any oversight at all. It's basically a bunch of teens and college-aged kids fucking with each other 24/7, dicking around, actin like high school dweebs tweeting all this drama and shit, with nothing to keep them in check (lmao contracts in this scene are a fuckin joke). They're the ones basically running the scene holding their owners and orgs hostage.

Yet people still EXPECT orgs to jump in, cover round-trip expenses, give away free gear, AND pay salary? What a bad look for the Halo scene considering the amount of time and investment these orgs have committed to entering the scene with. Hilarious

Fucking this. 

hope Tom "big daddy t rape train make more than your pops your lucky im signing a contract" Taylor makes it back to the top

• Upvote (+1) 9

Jan 28-31 

i think those are the dates for the xgames, but the gaming area i think it said was just the weekend. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fucking this. 

this can only be fixed by a strict league structure put down by HCS/343/MLG . Until such a thing happens these changes are gonna keep happening. With no strict league structure and one HUGE tournament  I wont be surprised if they are more team changes.

You mean if I wake up and starting grinding out games alone non-stop at 10 am? Nice let me get on that, I'll really be warmed up and energized for scrims by 9-10pm, then afterwards I can play even more good people in matchmaking and customs at around 2-3 till 5 a.m, get to bed at like 6 a.m, and sleep for 4 hours

• Upvote (+1) 5

Seems like APG likes team changes more than playing nowadays.

I love the drama and attention, gets me all riled up

This is the moment OpTic has been waiting for. Pull the trigger!

when does optic play in the finals?

Some people clearly never watched Heinz play H5.

and