CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Exactly. Ninja was legit the only one I ever heard say "my bad." The others seemed to have such big egos, they could never ever admit they did anything wrong, and would freak out if anyone suggested they did. Genuinely seemed like Ninja was the only one who cared about the team's morale. Was constantly complementing teammates. Meanwhile Ninja would get a triple kill on EG and literally no one would say anything to him.

As to why Team Liquid would choose the APG/Heinz team over Ninja... i mean there is no question they were much better than Ninja in H2A. I'm sure that reputation carried over and was a big factor. IMO Ninja is much improved at H5, and I haven't really seen enough of APG/Heinz (since they never play/stream anymore) to say how good they are at this game.

Well then I'm dumb for the comments I made before and I apologize. I think it was becoming apparent that team wouldn't stay as is all the way till the finals. Maybe this was a mutual split and they were happy to get top 4 atleast once for the points. And if they were gonna make moves to split then this was the right time. Or was this maybe a play to get certain people to the xgames?

As long as I can crawl out of bed before 7 pm I can win? It's that easy to dethrone EG? Damn, I should see a doctor or something. :lxthul:

How do people say this stuff

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

As long as I can crawl out of bed before 7 pm I can win? It's that easy to dethrone EG? Damn, I should see a doctor or something. :lxthul:

that's a really messed up sleep schedule.

I mean people say crazy things, but you should hear some of the stuff you say  :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 6

I hope Ninja and Audley can still work together because I saw some good improvements to Ninjas game recently

theres a ridiculous amount of successful people in this world with sleep schedules that don't follow the typical circadian rhythm. some barely sleep at all and swear its the key

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

theres a ridiculous amount of successful people in this world with sleep schedules that don't follow the typical circadian rhythm. some barely sleep at all and swear its the key

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for your team. When your teammates are ready to scrim and can't because your sleeping then you aren't gonna be the most successful that you can be.

What the fuck is a sleep schedule...

something you implement when H5 servers are down

• Upvote (+1) 4

XGames twitter followed @Halo, Aspen XGames are Jan 28-31 which is right after main qualifier season ends, last year they hosted CS:GO for Winter.

And then Ninja confirmed it in his Vlog.

It was confirmed on the XGames website. I posted it last night (HERE).

Do we know for sure if Leftovers has a spot for XGames? I'd like to see them beat Liquid.

I would say yes. Haven't seen them say it but pretty obvious.

Again, it seems to me like the xgames thing was a catalyst for some moves that players were thinking of making already. Like nV breaking up perhaps. Then with the xgames spots being in limited supply, certain players (APG, Heinz, Ninja) were able to secure spots on teams that were invited to the event. Those might have been moves they already wanted to make in the first place, maybe not. But I strongly believe it was a factor.

Why didn't they announce X Games earlier/advertise it? What is 343/mlg/whoever doing when it comes to the competitive scene lol

100% agree. They should be running twitch ads, releasing it to the gaming press for coverage, TV spot, and on the Xbox dashboard. And they should be doing that now, not a day or two before the event.

Is there any combination of players out of the Top 6 that could reform to knock Liquid out of the 6th and take the XGames slot?  Does it work that way?

Don't think so. And from what Ninja was saying, I don't think it would matter. Teams/Orgs were contacted and they had to "submit a final roster" for the event.

The only thing I don't get is, for teams without an Org, like leftovers, who do they contact? And in the case where a team makes a change (ala Cloud from Leftovers or Posey/Juicy from Dream Team) what decided which of the parties keeps the invite? Could Cloud say something like "I founded the team and am the leader, so the invite is mine + 3 other players I pick"? I just don't get that part.

This X games prize pool must be a lot more substantial than some gold medals to be fucking everyone's shit up this hard.

If it isn't worth a decent amount then I'm with you, I don't get it. To make these type of decisions when you have a tournament for probably 3+ million (when all done) going on seems really....questionable. At least without real thought given to it.

Gets kicked from two orgs, both of which he brought into Halo.

Damn.

Yea, it's quite insane. What a shitshow. It's basically the Wild Wild West right now. 

This definitely needs to stop if the community wants the collective public to respect "eSports" as an actual sport. There's barely any oversight at all. It's basically a bunch of teens and college-aged kids fucking with each other 24/7, dicking around, actin like high school dweebs tweeting all this drama and shit, with nothing to keep them in check (lmao contracts in this scene are a fuckin joke). They're the ones basically running the scene holding their owners and orgs hostage.

Yet people still EXPECT orgs to jump in, cover round-trip expenses, give away free gear, AND pay salary? What a bad look for the Halo scene considering the amount of time and investment these orgs have committed to entering the scene with. Hilarious

• Upvote (+1) 7

Love Ninja and have my reasons for doing what I did, consulted a lot of people outside of the org and higher level management inside TL. Ninja was outstanding player and person for TL and I would have loved to figured out a way to keep him here but sometimes changes have to happen regardless of your feelings for any specific player. Part of the reason why business in esports is so difficult.

He could go to Leftovers and become a dominant team and I would be happy for him regardless.

thanks for the answer

What do you know about TLC???

I'm just cool with some of them (never was able to go to a LAN) and talked with some of the players back in Reach/H4ish time and helped trying to promote that one h4 LAN in SA at Wilkys house online. Only talked/met the Houston players mainly tho (Tweak, Quinn, Gab, Windy, etc) but was good friends with Solid Bob and Brwn.

how ninja stays so professional after everything he's been through is beyond me. much respect to him

What do you mean? It's a game with millions on the line. His team was lacking and I'm not putting it all on him but he was a big part of it. He's got great gun skills but makes a lot of bad plays. Then to make a VLOG when no one else has and then spill other ppls information that they should be ones putting out? Like a " hey feel sorry for me " Lets not forget he dropped his entire liquid roster (Aries,Spartan,Shooter) in the first place. Mikwen is a great slayer and I'm sure there are plenty of teams that will want him. OLA is legend and just needs to grind to get himself to a top player in this game, and thats completely on him. 

I really would of liked to see Commonly, Mikwen, OLA, and Spartan. I think that team would work great with Mik/Spart slaying and then OLA and Commonly doing everything they need to.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What do you mean? It's a game with millions on the line. His team was lacking and I'm not putting it all on him but he was a big part of it. He's got great gun skills but makes a lot of bad plays. Then to make a VLOG when no one else has and then spill other ppls information that they should be ones putting out? Like a " hey feel sorry for me " Lets not forget he dropped his entire liquid roster (Aries,Spartan,Shooter) in the first place. Mikwen is a great slayer and I'm sure there are plenty of teams that will want him. OLA is legend and just needs to grind to get himself to a top player in this game, and thats completely on him. 

I really would of liked to see Commonly, Mikwen, OLA, and Spartan. I think that team would work great with Mik/Spart slaying and then OLA and Commonly doing everything they need to.

UyJDzHO.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1