CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We need a leak and we need it fast

Anyone want to volunteer to ruin their professional career?

since dT is the fifth seed & they were invited im assuming top 6 teams (for even bracket) were invited to xgames showcase. Snipedown tweeted adamap so its def mlg related and they have a relationship with xgames

I betcha top 6 seeds got invited to winter xgames for basically a showcase & will also get to compete for a medal.

Not knowing any dates but don't you think they would wait until the tourney ends for that though, seems premature considering no spots are currently locked in and actually until OT5 teams aren't even "official"?

since dT is the fifth seed & they were invited im assuming top 6 teams (for even bracket) were invited to xgames showcase. Snipedown tweeted adamap so its def mlg related and they have a relationship with xgames

I think this is most likely. Although it does seem strange to invite top 6 and not top 8.

My guess is it has something to do with teams that have won events before. An invitation to X-game, the battle between teams who have won before?

Mikwen have won before but he's no longer with Denial. Randa has not won an event (except online cups). Same with Ark I think?

Snipe is happy and he's won multiple events. It makes sense to me.

Explain Posey tweet then and why he would want to tell his whole team. Pretty sure nobody on that team has won any major event

My guess is it has something to do with teams that have won events before. An invitation to X-game, the battle between teams who have won before?

Mikwen have won before but he's no longer with Denial. Randa has not won an event (except online cups). Same with Ark I think?

Posey, his teammates, Spartan....

• Upvote (+1) 1

It'd be REALLY fucked up if they based X games invites on the standings after 3 cups, with no prior announcement.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It'd be REALLY fucked up if they based X games invites on the standings after 3 cups, with no prior announcement.

Yep which is why I'm doubting it.

this should not make sense to you lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

That is true but if the tourney is coming up sooner rather than later, how else would they invite teams? Assuming they couldn't wait for final standings.

I wonder if it has something to do with MLG offering Stipends again?

Regarding the X-Games: they'd be inviting teams based off a few cups which could fluctuate drastically by the time the event actually rolls around. I doubt MLG would just "suddenly" come up with the idea of featuring Halo at X-Games. ESPECIALLY because Activision just purchased MLG. Dosnt make sense to feature your biggest console competitor at the X-Games...

• Upvote (+1) 1

That'd be sick if the top 6 teams get to go to X Games.

I think it is certainly a top "n" of teams...and it sounds like maybe the top 4? Possibly 6?

Fair or unfair isn't really an issue to me. I am all about showcasing Halo 5 on more stages for more people. That means another LAN too, which is fire in itself.

Lets hope the speculations are right!

Clever marketing strategy by MLG regardless.

Contact pros under what I'd imagine is a confidentiality agreement, but allow them to build hype on Twitter/Forums/Social Media. Drive the community into a frenzy of anticipation then smack us with the official announcement.

:walshy::intel::wutface:

Yep which is why I'm doubting it.

I mean AdamAP prob just got the go ahead last second to have a showcase @ xgames. There was a cod event like 1 week into Black Ops 3 called the tortinos invitational @ the mlg arena in columbus. It was announced like 4 days in advance. From my research top 5 or 6 teams are invited to something (very good feeling its xgames as snipedown said you made my dreams come true so must be something notable). Taking top 6 seeds is in his eyes the fairest way to invite but I would've done otherwise. idk if you guys forgot but MLG is under a lot of new ownership and they stated they are trying to become the ESPN of gaming. Expect a lot of new crazy sh**. The old CEO of ESPN is on the board of directors for MLG and this was prior to being bought.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder if it has something to do with MLG offering Stipends again?

Regarding the X-Games: they'd be inviting teams based off a few cups which could fluctuate drastically by the time the event actually rolls around. I doubt MLG would just "suddenly" come up with the idea of featuring Halo at X-Games. ESPECIALLY because Activision just purchased MLG. Dosnt make sense to feature your biggest console competitor at the X-Games...

If this were the case I think there'd be less raging on twitter by wfx/nV as they are very close to breaking the top 6 and could happen over the next two OQ's. Whatever it is definitely sounds like a "definite" situation that is already decided

• Upvote (+1) 1