CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Maybe they made an adjustment to tournament formatting. Like bo5 all the way through, or maybe a double elim. Or Breakout removal, which is fairly unlikely.

I dont think it is. League and single elim playoffs best of 7 is their league structure.

Groups AND double elim, like, how many more chances does a team get?

I mean, I guess it isn't totally necessary here because of all the qualifiers that lead into group placement but group + double elim is from MLG and it's basically the sum of more than a decade of running tournaments. Makes for more accurate overall placements but probably wouldn't change who wins.

I mean, I guess it isn't totally necessary here because of all the qualifiers that lead into group placement but group + double elim is from MLG and it's basically the sum of more than a decade of running tournaments. Makes for more accurate overall placements but probably wouldn't change who wins.

Yeah but MLG isint running cod anymore (and even then that format was for their open events, which they have done two of in the last 18 months). The new CWL is league followed pool play into single elim. Single elim after some kind of league/group is pretty much becoming the standard now in esports, partly influenced by sports (lol, sc, cod and cs all use it now)

The groups allow teams multiple games to compete, and single elim ensures that the games are tense and everyone has to show up, and a definitive final. Best of both worlds.

So what's the news all the pros are freaking out about ??

it's likely something to do with prize pool/formating of the HWC, or possible future events, so they probably can't talk about it until after 343 announces it.

Sorry if I seemed too analytical. I was replying with the sheer thought of hoping they don't use an actual Hat. Your points are all valid  :ghost:

Yeah, I kinda got that. I just wasn't sure if I explained it well originally.

The Champion's League does it that way, it's not that bad. I think that the 1-8-9-16... format that Audley brought up would be better, but why not just say that in the handbook? It looks like there's 4 A teams, 4 B, 4 C, and 4 D, each group gets one of each.

That is the Worlds draw where they are having to draw across regions, can't seed that properly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what's the news all the pros are freaking out about ??

So i've heard some pros in roy's chat say "ya we aren't getting the email, it just got confirmed" and i think it was mikwen, and he said he was really upset

Just an idea so dont kill me on it...if 343 is so set on radar staying then what if a radar mechanic change instead? ...to only people who are sprinting show up on the radar? Players going at normal running/walking speed no longer show up, same as crouching. Kind of middle ground by keeping radar, letting more movement become possible, while at the same time nerfing sprinting some?

That is the Worlds draw where they are having to draw across regions, can't seed that properly.

That makes a lot more sense

Still no finals venue advertised yet. Kinda should do that soon if its a big venue.

Good luck to Team Dignitas always happy to see new organizations picking up Halo. 

What in the world is going on?

Mikwen and arkanum are tweeting depressing stuff relatively close together. I wonder if it's related.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mikwen and arkanum are tweeting depressing stuff relatively close together. I wonder if it's related.

At this point there's only 1 answer, 343 has decided that only breakout will be played. :kappa:

Randa doesn't seem happy either.

My research skills say the top seeds were emailed something the rest weren't. Wonder if its a showcase invite only event or something? They appear to be getting some type of privilege

Top 8 is getting into a pro league by MLG? Or top 8 getting invited to mlg x games?

So farsounds like player on leftovers, EG and dream like it and envy and winterfox don't. Assumptions since not all players have said something.

I betcha top 6 seeds got invited to winter xgames for basically a showcase & will also get to compete for a medal.