CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If Final Boss dropped Walshy, They can drop Flamesword.

Yeah, but the Optic brand is all about dudebro content and Youtube videos.

If Optic just signs 4 nerdy kids on a top 12 team, they won't be Optic anymore. The only way this could work out for them is if they signed Leftovers.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If Optic just signs 4 nerdy kids on a top 12 team, they won't be Optic anymore. The only way this could work out for them is if they signed Leftovers.

That's not ALL they care about. Hecz wants one or the other. I don't know if he has a preference. He just signed a CS:GO team and none of the 5 produce content and he told them they don't need to. Formal and Karma don't produce content either.

Or if their current team actually performs like they have in past Halos.

It's weird that EG dominates in scrims but then does poorly in qualifiers (expect in the first qualifier). Have they ever even lost a scrim?

If Final Boss dropped Walshy, They can drop Flamesword.

While I agree with your sentiment...

Final Boss also lost to Walshy the very next event.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's weird that EG dominates in scrims but then does poorly in qualifiers (expect in the first qualifier).

We aren't a tourney team 

• Upvote (+1) 7

It's weird that EG dominates in scrims but then does poorly in qualifiers (expect in the first qualifier). Have they ever even lost a scrim?

Best of 3 series vs 18 game scrims.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What hecz is saying is that he knows his brand will be more successful when his team is still rpofessional, but can manage the youtube/content grind. Crim and Scump can handle it, but they know how to grind. they call him "crimbot" for a reason.

whereas optic halo isnt a top team anymore, and now hes struggling with that, but he still likes them having the content grind. Formal is just as bad a streamer as Ogre2 and still pulls stupid viewer counts. I think that yeah, optic is known for the content, but hecz is too lenient on his halo kids. The amount of driving around and achieving nothing they do every day is actually absurd lol.

/2cents

• Upvote (+1) 3

Personally, I think someone like Flame or Maniac should coach and manage the team. Stay apart of it in a strong and relevant way but create content for the team in the background as well as their own and let 4 grinders grind.

If they all streamed also it would massively boost viewership numbers for Halo on twitch. I think if Optic can knuckle down and make Regionals then they can grind up and into finals, however if Optic don't make even make the T16 then I don't think Hecz really has a choice than to look into some new members, maybe even a full new roster.

It's a well known top tier brand, the team HAS to live up tp its expectation. I just really feel like this roster doesn't have the time needed that Halo 5 requires? I've said it ever single stream, there's so much individual talent on that roster and there's easily a world finals team amongst them but the skill gap in this game is massive and the talent pool the NA scene right now is so strong that you can't wait around, theres always going to be another team looking to take your place on the board.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Personally, I think someone like Flame or Maniac should coach and manage the team. Stay apart of it in a strong and relevant way but create content for the team in the background as well as their own and let 4 grinders grind.

If they all streamed also it would massively boost viewership number on twitch. I think if Optic can knuckle down and make Regionals then they can grind up and into finals, if Optic don't make event make the T16 then I don't think hecz really has a choice than to look into some new members, maybe even a full new roster.

It's a well known top tier brand, the team HAS to live up t its expectation. I just really feel like this roster doesn't have the time needed that Halo 5 requires? I've said it ever single stream, there's so much individual talent on that roster and there's easily a world finals team amongst them but the skill gap in this game is massive and the talent pool the NA scene right now how is so strong that you can't wait around, theres always going to be another team looking to take your place on the board.

I don't know why people are still saying they don't have time. They have played just as much as almost everybody over the last few weeks to a month. They're simply not very good at this game right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@ Can you explain why you think Formal isn't that good of a streamer? I'm curious to see what you have to say. :)

Every time i watch his stream, hes just sitting there spitting his nasty chewing tobacco and playing his game. No stream interaction, and little reaction to donations/subs. He just plays his games stupidly well. 

this is experience from a low amount of watching his stream cause its always pretty brutal to watch. Ogre2 is the same, just plays the game and pretty well disregards everything else. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Every time i watch his stream, hes just sitting there spitting his nasty chewing tobacco and playing his game. No stream interaction, and little reaction to donations/subs. He just plays his games stupidly well. 

this is experience from a low amount of watching his stream cause its always pretty brutal to watch. Ogre2 is the same, just plays the game and pretty well disregards everything else. 

You are spot on, He got a $500 donation and seemed like he didn't even care+ 120 Subs today. lol

Great vid of Hecz also.

Well said @TheSimms

:bman:

Ahh that makes sense. I thought he was a good streamer because he streamed like all of the time and has excellent gameplay. After I read that, I can definitely tell what you're coming from.

Optic should pick up the leftovers, while te current roster should either split up, flame start coaching, or find anOther org/call themselves sQ and go without one.

Optic isn't a normal organization they aren't just going to sign a new team, plz learn  :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It sounded more like he was talking about starting over with a new Halo team, not just dropping Flamesword. It sounded at the end though like he was saying he knows that the Optic brand and Optic fans care more about the content producers because they can get to know them. He really sounds like he's struggling deciding if he should punt the team and start over, or just not care about winning in Halo.

To be totally honest anyone who goes to optic would be dumb not to start a youtube channel. And I think 4 new playrrs would be great but it's way to late for that to be happening. Honestly I think optic halo is underperforming brcause hecs let them choose whos on the team. if hecs would of made the team i think theyd be doing better then the current squad.

Optic isn't a normal organization they aren't just going to sign a new team, plz learn :bman:

Optic Lethul

Get ready, because it's happening after you get dropped :kappa:

That's not ALL they care about. Hecz wants one or the other. I don't know if he has a preference. He just signed a CS:GO team and none of the 5 produce content and he told them they don't need to. Formal and Karma don't produce content either.

Karma produces content.

And moved out to Chicago to be close to the team to actually produce more content since he didnt have any friends really where he was before.

Formal is also moving soon and im sure he will post more often when hes at the house

Edit: also the cs team is interested in doin content

While I agree with your sentiment...

Final Boss also lost to Walshy the very next event.

Not my point whatsoever.

People are always quick to say (X) player makes (X) team. Lebron would never leave Cleveland, Walshy would never get dropped, Nadeshot would never quit, etc.

Anyone is replaceable at any moment, nobody has 100% security. If the current setup isn't working then it isn't working.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1