CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think arena breakout is awesome to play. don't know why they don't throw that into tournament play

In its current iteration Arena Breakout is worse than Breakout, but I guess that could be left up to debate. We'll see what the pros think if they do change it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They won't change any settings while we lead up to HWC imo. In their mind the players have already been grinding these same gametypes for the past two or so months and don't want to be throwing something new in there. I'd expect a major overall of gametypes right after HWC, though. Any new arena maps that will be added via the free updates (and possibly forge) will be tested and by this point I'd think we will have old gametypes like KOTH, Oddball, Bomb, and Extraction to pick through. 

All scores and stats from last nights scrims/ladder matches are below (tourney results are like 10 posts up):

nv 12 - 8 Optic (scrim)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Fathom, Optic Wins 3-2

Game 2 - Team Slayer Truth, Optic Wins 50-38

Game 3 - Strongholds The Rig, nV Wins 100-30

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, nV Wins 3-2

Game 5 - Strongholds Plaza, nV Wins 100-20

Game 6 - Team Slayer Regret, Optic Wins 50-44

Game 7 - Strongholds Empire, nV Wins 100-78

Game 8 - Team Slayer Plaza, nV Wins 50-45

Game 9 - Strongholds Eden, nV Wins 100-96

Game 10 - Team Slayer The Rig, nV Wins 50-42

Game 11 - Team Slayer Empire, nV Wins 50-30

Game 12 - Breakout Gambol, Optic Wins 5-1

Game 13 - Breakout Altitude, nV Wins 5-3

Game 14 - Capture the Flag Truth, nV Wins 2-1

Game 15 - Team Slayer Coliseum, nV Wins 50-45

Game 16 - Breakout Trident, nV Wins 5-1

Game 17 - Capture the Flag Empire, Optic Wins 3-1

Game 18 - Strongholds The Rig, Optic Wins 100-76

Game 19 - Capture the Flag Fathom, Optic Wins 2-0

Game 20 - Team Slayer Regret, Optic Wins 50-39

Liquid 6 - 0 Winterfox (scrim)

Game 1 - Strongholds Eden, Liquid Wins 100-73

Game 2 - Capture the Flag Truth, Liquid Wins 3-1

Game 3 - Team Slayer The Rig, Liquid Wins 50-38

Game 4 - Strongholds Empire, Liquid Wins 100-34

Game 5 - Capture the Flag Fathom, Liquid Wins 3-0

Game 6 - Strongholds Plaza, Liquid Wins 100-23

Liquid 2 - 0 eLevate (ladder match)

Game 1 - Strongholds Plaza, Liquid Wins 100-50

Game 2 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, Liquid Wins 3-2

• Upvote (+1) 2

CLG lost Breakout because they don't know how to play it against a team like Allegiance.

Allegiance was the best team yesterday, and deserved the win.

No doubt, much deserved. I was mainly speaking about how none of the pros like breakout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did anyone watch the UK stream? Casting was top notch. Can't remember who it was but someone said something along the lines of "Genius grabs the sniper rifle and snipes a wall. That'll teach it"

• Upvote (+1) 7

Did anyone watch the UK stream? Casting was top notch. Can't remember who it was but someone said something along the lines of "Genius grabs the sniper rifle and snipes a wall. That'll teach it"

Sometimes those walls just need to be put in their place y'know  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Chig just said on stream that he is still apart of Liquid. As others have stated, probably just waiting on a buyout.

Or it could be testing to see which player fits the team better and then finally making a decision?

They won't change any settings while we lead up to HWC imo. In their mind the players have already been grinding these same gametypes for the past two or so months and don't want to be throwing something new in there. I'd expect a major overall of gametypes right after HWC, though. Any new arena maps that will be added via the free updates (and possibly forge) will be tested and by this point I'd think we will have old gametypes like KOTH, Oddball, Bomb, and Extraction to pick through. 

There are competitive games out there that go through much more diverse meta changes in a much more regular pattern. 343 choosing to stagnate the competitive scene and stagnate the actual game itself for one tournament is a poor decision, especially considering theres been no major changes since launch. 

even pros last night were saying Allegiance only beat CLG on 1 "real" gametype after the DQ game one. They all know Breakout is a BS gametype.

But game 1 wasn't a DQ?  They played Plaza Strongholds and Allegiance dominated CLG on it. (Edit: Apparently because Snakebite dropped from the game)

They played while EG/Leftovers were also playing Plaza Strongholds on main stream, and then were told to wait before playing more because the games were supposed to be broadcast.

VOD here

• Upvote (+1) 2

But game 1 wasn't a DQ?  They played Plaza Strongholds and Allegiance dominated CLG on it.

They played while EG/Leftovers were also playing Plaza Strongholds on main stream, and then were told to wait before playing more because the games were supposed to be broadcast.

VOD here

I'm not by any means saying Allegiance didnt deserve it, im just repeating what i heard from people on stream...

Chig just said on stream that he is still apart of Liquid. As others have stated, probably just waiting on a buyout.

Or it could be testing to see which player fits the team better and then finally making a decision?

Unlegit said on stream last night that chig is still on Liquid, he's on the Bench.

But game 1 wasn't a DQ?  They played Plaza Strongholds and Allegiance dominated CLG on it.

VOD here

Because snakebites build crashed and clg had to play 3v4?

No shit they dominated.

• Downvote (-1) 2

No shit they dominated.

I didn't even see the part where he dropped... I need to pull up scoreboard more when I'm casting :(

No shit they dominated.

we were up 40 seconds when he lagged out lol and started off the game 70-0 lol
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There are competitive games out there that go through much more diverse meta changes in a much more regular pattern. 343 choosing to stagnate the competitive scene and stagnate the actual game itself for one tournament is a poor decision, especially considering theres been no major changes since launch. 

Yeah agreed

Unfortunate that CLG had to DQ  game 1, would've been more entertaining to watch...considering that THAT breakout game was utterly atrocious.

Unfortunate that CLG had to DQ  game 1, would've been more entertaining to watch...considering that THAT breakout game was utterly atrocious.

somehow people enjoyed that 20 minute breakout match. by the 3rd round i was yawning. 

Imagine if Naded's first event win was for 2 million

Oh my God how amazing would that story be? I would weep with joy for him.

• Upvote (+1) 2