CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Maniac is the Javale Mcgee of halo. He seems to be shaqtin a fool more than anyone lol Someone should make a shaqtin a fool halo edition and have leqion and joe fries(?) call the plays.

You beat me to it! was literally about to compare maniac to Mcgee and suggest a shaqtin a fool-type of show for HCS

• Upvote (+1) 1

So many online tournaments...  :wutface:

Considering "LAN" goes through online/servers, it's the same difference isn't it? Minus the crowd and expenses.

The main benefit I see to this is more frequent and consistent tournament streams, which in turn helps the overall viewership for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"i don't think they know it's up."

ea45d68ee667728114632b96366d9b72.gif

"I burned OV"

I saw it and thought "damn he's dumb."

Then I realised I missed the start of the clip where HE was the one who threw the Promethean grenade.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Considering "LAN" goes through online/servers, it's the same difference isn't it? Minus the crowd and expenses.

The main benefit I see to this is more frequent and consistent tournament streams, which in turn helps the overall viewership for Halo.

But the mainstage makes everything :flames:. 

I agree, more frequent tournaments are great, but "live" tournaments are a completely different animal and I'd like to see if any of the new faces can adjust when it's crunch time. As a viewer, online tourneys get very boring and redundant for me because they're not that different from scrims. Commentary helps, but we don't get any listen-ins or interviews, and very minimal insight into the the player's emotional or mental state; hearing the crowd go nuts is another plus. I've noticed my spirits dwindle significantly through-out the day during non-"live" events.

I'm not saying online tournaments are a bad thing, but live is clearly better from a fan's perspective. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

A "premier" organization whose website doesn't work...

Noticed that too, but they seem pretty good towards their players. Haven't heard a bad thing about them and thats good compared to all the bad stuff you hear about Denial and other cod-first orgs. 

But the mainstage makes everything :flames:. 

I agree, more frequent tournaments are great, but "live" tournaments are a completely different animal and I'd like to see if any of the new faces can adjust when it's crunch time. As a viewer, online tourneys get very boring and redundant for me because they're not that different from scrims. Commentary helps, but we don't get any listen-ins or interviews, and very minimal insight into the the player's emotional or mental state; hearing the crowd go nuts is another plus. I've noticed my spirits dwindle significantly through-out the day during non-"live" events.

I'm not saying online tournaments are a bad thing, but live is clearly better from a fan's perspective. 

I completely agree.  Actually having the players there and the crowd is a big plus, makes it feel very legitimized.  Not that it isn't already, but I do miss the live events.  Does anyone know if they're doing anything different for the final event?  Is it just being played online as normal?  What is gonna happen if the servers suck, or people keep getting disconnected, etc.  I know that happened with HCS seasons 1 and 2 and it was really embarrassing, is there anyway they could dedicate a server directly to the competition?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I completely agree.  Actually having the players there and the crowd is a big plus, makes it feel very legitimized.  Not that it isn't already, but I do miss the live events.  Does anyone know if they're doing anything different for the final event?  Is it just being played online as normal?  What is gonna happen if the servers suck, or people keep getting disconnected, etc.  I know that happened with HCS seasons 1 and 2 and it was really embarrassing, is there anyway they could dedicate a server directly to the competition?

apparently for the HWC they are bringing a dedicated server to the venue in order to avoid ddos fuckery 

(not 100% sure, just something i read)

Regionals will be a "LAN" event in Columbus as well as Finals with the location tba.

I follow the cod scene and I wouldn't be surprised if that's true. The owner is betwen the ages if 18-21 I believe and he gets his $$ from his rich parents lol. Parents have enough $ to even pay the salaries for the players

haha that's interesting, i recently heard rick fox (former nba player) bought his son a LoL pro team

as long as the players are happy with their arrangement then i respect the org, big or small

haha that's interesting, i recently heard rick fox (former nba player) bought his son a LoL pro team

as long as the players are happy with their arrangement then i respect the org, big or small

Agreed. Haven't heard negative things from the players (like not getting paid) and they also have a team house located in Florida

Rick Fox bought the pro team. Its his team. Team Echo Fox.

EchoFox.gg

Rick Fox bought the pro team. Its his team. Team Echo Fox.

EchoFox.gg

isn't that what i said? i know its his team and he bought it but isn't his kid the LoL fnatic?

i just kinda find it hard to believe rick fox is all that involved himself

isn't that what i said? i know its his team and he bought it but isn't his kid the LoL fnatic?

i just kinda find it hard to believe rick fox is all that involved himself

nah. You said he bought it for his son. I said he bought it for himself.

I'm not sure. This is the first I've ever heard about his son being involved.

BUT, there is money involved with league teams, and multiple people much more well off then I am have looked into purchasing teams, so its not entirely out of the ordinary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not the same person.

Thanks, my bad, you are right. I don't have any info on JesseUnleased honestly, don't know his social media or anything.

I did see he was running with Blaze and Burton though, so am adding him to that team for now.

Jesse Ansbro I think is Siao who was on team anonymous (registered for OT#2) who placed last tourney.

Thanks, my bad, you are right. I don't have any info on JesseUnleased honestly, don't know his social media or anything.

I did see he was running with Blaze and Burton though, so am adding him to that team for now.

Jesse Ansbro I think is Siao who was on team anonymous (registered for OT#2) who placed last tourney.

Jeez man. Do you always just throw peoples full names around online forums?