CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This lack of a roster lock is seriously fucking people over.

The worst part is I bet if these teams actually stuck together because of a roster lock in place they'd actually develop and improve.

Players are jumping the gun, I'd hate to see some of the most deserving players and/or players that have stuck with Halo through hard times be completely cut off from the biggest competition in Halo history due to a lack of a roster lock.

I think pro teams should be able to do whatever they think will increase their chances of winning life changing money.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Tibby with the neg rep :cry:

@@TiberiusAudley

What is your take on the whole situation? Maybe you cant really talk about it, but I know you are involved somewhat with TL.

This lack of a roster lock is seriously fucking people over.

The worst part is I bet if these teams actually stuck together because of a roster lock in place they'd actually develop and improve.

Players are jumping the gun, I'd hate to see some of the most deserving players and/or players that have stuck with Halo through hard times be completely cut off from the biggest competition in Halo history due to a lack of a roster lock.

There's a long-standing debate on which is more valuable: natural chemistry or manufactured chemistry.

You can see how important natural chemistry is in more established professional sports like the NBA. And the NBA as an industry is more capable of "manufacturing" chemistry due to coaching staff, team facilities, and the generally larger volume of money that is thrown at any problem. And even in light of this, natural chemistry seems to trump the artificial in most cases.

After a certain amount of games, you can pretty easily tell what the ceiling of your team is going to be. It probably takes a smaller number of games than you actually think; so at the end of the day most of these team changes probably make sense.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Pros can vouch for Aries all they want, but from what I've seen, his talent level is very subpar in Halo 5. His communication is there and I know stats aren't everything but I rarely see him go close to positive against good teams. If FiS and Victory were to drop him and pick up another young talent to go with Huke, they would probaby be MUCH better IMO

*cough* spartan *cough*

I still think aries is a great player tho

Isnt he like 16? I presume he spends most of the day in school then has homework.. ?

16 is an easy time to grind. You don't have to do any schoolwork outside of shool if your goal is to only pass/graduate.

Pretty sure my squad got top 64, we unfortunately lost to Optic 2-1 :( Stuboy Q, xSchatzy, Siege, Original Sin

Hey, what was your team name? Thanks.

EDIT: I got you added, thanks. Try Hard Crew.

Commonly just naded 3 of his teammates, including killing his own teammate about to grab ovie (burning it) in the span of about 15 seconds probably losing the game for 'em :P

Which teams would have the largest disadvantages due to latency? I realize with dedicated servers it is not as much of a factor, but in close games it could potentially be a decider still. 

MegatronDrop.gif

Lions because Ninja...

This sucks to watch as a Lions fan, but I think this is old

In Season 1/2 (w/ Roster Locks) we ragged on Noble for trying to contract lock Maniac and APG.

Now I just wish these orgs would chain players down so we could actually have teams to follow. Makes it so unintuitive and less exciting to enjoy Halo as a spectator sport when no team outside of the Top 3-4 are sticking together.

I think its still too early for a lock if you want to see the best teams possible. You keep seeing things like the new CLG suddenly being dominant and then suddenly splitting games rather than completely destroying a week or two after that when people catch up to the learning curve quickly. Wouldn't be surprised to see more big team changes at this rate as the current best players are still rapidly changing by the week.

In Season 1/2 (w/ Roster Locks) we ragged on Noble for trying to contract lock Maniac and APG.

Now I just wish these orgs would chain players down so we could actually have teams to follow. Makes it so unintuitive and less exciting to enjoy Halo as a spectator sport when no team outside of the Top 3-4 are sticking together.

You have a valid point but I enjoy seeing team changes and people speculating on teams. Its fun to see and watch. Plus you cant really blame teams for making moves to make their team better.