CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it, went off on tangents as per usual and ran out of time. Yeah a few people mention over been skeptical about calling out teams/individuals. Over events I've come to see a lot of these guys as friends and I feel abit shit sometimes calling people out but yeah hell that's all apart of the job I guess, gotta bite the bullet and get on with it.

Awesome stuff btw TB on the Astro events, gets super late over here but managed to stay awake for the WFX CLG series. As you know HWC kicks off this weekend, I'll be digging in to the new spec mode updates and casting the German qualifiers, I believe the winning team will be the first team in the world to qualify for a regional finals spot so a lot on the line for the Germans.

It's quite early for the NA scene when it goes live so I'll be sure to link the VoD but I'm going to try recap all the teams and team changes that happens in the EU and the players/teams to look out for at worlds over the course of these EMEA qualifiers in between games and such. It's quite easy from this forum and streams to see what's cracking in the NA scene so I'll try bridge the EU info gap for those who wish to know who's who?

shut up noob

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has there been 512 teams sign up for this tourney or is that just teams that are actively part of the 4v4 ladder

There are currently 770 teams signed up for the tournament on the 20th.

Look out for this kid Huke. He made a name for himself on the CoD pro scene but was too young to compete at CoD Champs. (CoD World League and even the smaller UMG events are 18+ this year for CoD) He supposedly used to grind Halo online and I have a feeling he has the potential to be a pro. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Look out for this kid Huke. He made a name for himself on the CoD pro scene but was too young to compete at CoD Champs. (CoD World League and even the smaller UMG events are 18+ this year for CoD) He supposedly used to grind Halo online and I have a feeling he has the potential to be a pro. 

aches and teep just mentioned this on stream. funny enough they were just saying the age limit is a good thing

There are currently 770 teams signed up for the tournament on the 20th.

that's actually really impressive

aches and teep just mentioned this on stream. funny enough they were just saying the age limit is a good thing

A good thing for Halo. Huke can't be the only young kid that has fps talent that made the switch. If all of the young competitive players come to Halo we should welcome them with open arms. Young talent = the future

• Upvote (+1) 1

A good thing for Halo. Huke can't be the only young kid that has fps talent that made the switch. If all of the young competitive players come to Halo we should welcome them with open arms. Young talent = the future

the question is wil the scene be viable enough for them to stay once they hit 18

• Upvote (+1) 1

I knew I saw Huke running games with them, I just thought he was dabbling in some Halo, didn't expect him to make a full on switch.

Look out for this kid Huke. He made a name for himself on the CoD pro scene but was too young to compete at CoD Champs. (CoD World League and even the smaller UMG events are 18+ this year for CoD) He supposedly used to grind Halo online and I have a feeling he has the potential to be a pro.

As the CoD kids say, 100%. People will see transitioning to Halo is harder than the other way, but still very possible.

2937059-8793028641-tumbl.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Me every time i see an org pick up random halo players.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

that's actually really impressive

Unfortunately a lot of them are ineligible to play as they don't have enough team members.

Man, where are all the scrims tonight?

Edit: Actually, Optic is scrimming The Agency (with Aries now)

?? Assault & Maniac are playing FFA right now.

Can we acknowledge how bad the new map (Overgrowth) is? :wutface::wutface:

Which sucks because the map is gorgeous... :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Munoz had to leave. They're now scrimming Huke's team.

LMAO now they're playing Munoz, Nemassist, Goofy & Str8 Sick.

#ShadyHaloKids

And yes, Overgrowth is pure trash for anything except maybe Flood.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:flames:  :flames:  :flames:

Edit: full convo here 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, check out Ace & Sudd2 exchange on Twitter. Sudd2 is trash-talking him, talking about outplacing him at Daytona. LMAO.

2937059-8793028641-tumbl.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Me every time i see an org pick up random halo players.

Same. All the announcements make it seem like a crazy big deal. Some "org" with a random name and a cheesy hashtag, everytime. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Same. All the announcements make it seem like a crazy big deal. Some "org" with a random name and a cheesy hashtag, everytime.

They're trying to build some hype around their players. It's a good thing.

• Upvote (+1) 5