CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Nostalgia aside, if a str8 rippin team comes back around I would have next to no expectations for them. 

I wouldn't expect them to be winning tournaments, but I wouldn't be surprised to see em get top 8.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does there happen to be good gameplay of Arena Breakout? Didn't get a chance to play yet.

It was definitely because I was playing terrible players in my placements games but almost every match I had I just ran the flag in almost every round uncontested, even if the other team had numbers on me. Objective definitely needs sorting out before Arena Breakout can be viable 

It was definitely because I was playing terrible players in my placements games but almost every match I had I just ran the flag in almost every round uncontested, even if the other team had numbers on me. Objective definitely needs sorting out before Arena Breakout can be viable 

It still worked and played better than standard breakout.

I'm thinking T2, Str8 Sick, Goofy, and Legit.

Hopefully they (T2 especially) take this seriously this time around. Str8 Rippin is an iconic name in Halo and it (or the essence of it) should always be connected to Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nostalgia aside, if a str8 rippin team comes back around I would have next to no expectations for them. 

I see vintage Lethul comes back somewhat often, you missed the  :lxthul: though.

T2 coming back is really great news.

T2 will bring more fans back to the scene. Like him or not, he has a huge fan base and is one of the most recognizable Halo players ever.

I felt he retired way too early. He's not washed. Str8 Rippin started out well in H2A, coming in 2nd at the Invitational, but lack of practice and internal team drama led them to decline.

Plus Str8 Sick has already shown he's really strong in Halo 5 so far.

And lastly, the Halo scene getting more competition is the best thing that could possibly happen.

• Upvote (+1) 4

All scores and stats from last nights scrims/ladder matches listed below. I posted the Gamebattles tourney scores and stats a few pages back as well.

CLG 9 - 4 Agency

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, CLG Wins 3-1

Game 2 - Team Slayer Regret, CLG Wins 50-32

Game 3 - Strongholds Plaza, Agency Wins 100-68

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Fathom, CLG Wins 3-0

Game 5 - Team Slayer The Rig, Agency Wins 50-47

Game 6 - Strongholds Empire, CLG Wins 100-4

Game 7 - Capture the Flag Truth, CLG Wins 3-1

Game 8 - Team Slayer Coliseum, CLG Wins 50-20

Game 9 - Strongholds Eden, Agency Wins 100-91

Game 10 - Capture the Flag Empire, CLG Wins 3-2

Game 11 - Team Slayer Truth, CLG Wins 50-42

Game 12 - Strongholds The Rig, CLG Wins 100-30

Game 13 - Team Slayer Plaza, Agency Wins 50-42

EG 9 - 5 Crowd Pleasers (with Prototype as 4th)

Game 1 - Strongholds The Rig, EG Wins 100-40

Game 2 - Team Slayer Plaza, EG Wins 50-41

Game 3 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, CP Wins 2-1

Game 4 - Strongholds Eden, EG Wins 100-61

Game 5 - Capture the Flag Truth, CP Wins 3-1

Game 6 - Capture the Flag Fathom, EG Wins 3-1

Game 7 - Team Slayer The Rig, EG Wins 50-38

Game 8 - Team Slayer Regret, CP Wins 50-45

Game 9 - Capture the Flag Empire, EG Wins 3-0

Game 10 - Strongholds Plaza, EG Wins 100-85

Game 11 - Team Slayer Coliseum, CP Wins 50-42

Game 12 - Strongholds Empire, CP Wins 100-68

Game 13 - Team Slayer Truth, EG Wins 50-37

Game 14 - Team Slayer Eden, EG Wins 50-39

nV 2 - 1 Velocity

Game 1 - Team Slayer Eden, Velocity Wins 50-42

Game 2 - Team Slayer Empire, nV Wins 50-48

Game 3 - Team Slayer Truth, nV Wins 50-36

• Upvote (+1) 4

Last I heard of t2 was in Reach Cbus where he got bopped in the 1st round of FFA seeding lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It still worked and played better than standard breakout.

Maybe the gametype, but not on those maps. Regret was the absolute worst, I could cap the flag in 10 seconds with no kills on the board 

Maybe the gametype, but not on those maps. Regret was the absolute worst, I could cap the flag in 10 seconds with no kills on the board 

Regret is really just a bad map in general, don't think any gametype except maybe oddball would work well on it.

I'm thinking T2, Str8 Sick, Goofy, and Legit.

That team seems probable. More so than T2 teaming with Hysteria. T2 is the last person I would think of that would deal with Hysteria's bs.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Last I heard of t2 was in Reach Cbus where he got bopped in the 1st round of FFA seeding lol

At his age, that was actually a really smart move to get sleep instead. I went hard af in the FFA till like 2am and didn't get any sleep. Was worthless the next day, lol.

At his age, that was actually a really smart move to get sleep instead. I went hard af in the FFA till like 2am and didn't get any sleep. Was worthless the next day, lol.

Yea in that sense it makes sense, the delays were unreal lol. I do recall some of the volunteers/workers at mlg were talking about how pissed he was when he lost. So I at least don't think he was losing on purpose

If T2 does anything but coach then he wont see top 8. We already did this whole T2 return hype for h2a, remember?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure how many around the scene now have seen this, but this segment on MTV was big for MLG/Competitive Halo years ago, I know it's easy to crack jokes but if he did return to play seriously it would be cool to see again. With the prize pool I expected a lot more to be honest.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The T2 doubters in full effect I see. I love ya lethul, but I won't doubt T2 ever. If he plays he might not be the best player in the game but I doubt with practice he would be bad and could easily see a decent team with him getting into top 8. Lets be real Ogre2 isn't the same player he was either, but he's making plays against you young bucks.

T2 played and placed better then I thought they would in H2A. Just don't pick up Naded, hated him on that team.

I had a feeling this was going to happen when I saw him on a newegg show with these two female hosts talking about H5 and the potential, they asked him about possible return of STR8 and he was sort of sketchy with the answer. I'll definitely be cheering for them one way or another.

Also, I bet T2 has played less then a few days, give him some time. Bet he is better than 3/4th of Optic already. Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If T2 does anything but coach then he wont see top 8. We already did this whole T2 return hype for h2a, remember?

Not sure what you mean, Str8 rippin placed 2nd at the first h2a tournament with T2 and Str8 sick on the roster. Then they went on to place top 8 at most of the other tournaments. I didn't watch the last few tourneys of H2a cuz it got boring for me, but I'm pretty sure they were placing top 8/top 12 the whole game. I'm not saying they will be placing 1st every tournament, but to say they won't be placing top 8 without even seeing what their full roster will be is pretty ridiculous.

And there's something else people haven't really mentioned, T2 is currently a producer at Newegg.com. Which could potentially mean that they could have newegg sponsoring Str8 RIppin. It's really important to bring new sponsors into the scene for long term longevity and success of competitive halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not to mention as H2A progressed I think he and his teammates sort of lost interest due to the shit state of the game and broken behind the scene promises surrounding the money side of things. Or at least that was the impression I got.

• Upvote (+1) 3