CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I guess none of you guys have ever been mad at someone and/or called someone a homophobic slur? lol

Like ten years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty amazing that Snipedown and al of EG pull more viewer's then EU's event.

Amazing? Kinda sad. Great for Snipedown but Infused, Epsi, and some of those teams are pretty great and fun to watch.

Hoping the EU scene can get a proper boost somehow. @@TheSimms   :prayers:

@@NinjaWuu if you ever have questions, feel free to PM me. If you troll / mock staff, it will be removed and a potential ban is possible (as with anyone else on the forums).

As always guys, this is a community site, ran by people that do this out of the love for Halo and the community. Of course we will miss things, we are human.

I'm out right now but I'll be going through the thread later when I have the desktop tools appropriate.

Are the mods allowed to troll though? I mean, there is a monthly troll the Sudds period and I have seen mods participate in it. I understand that it is the in thing to do, but still. Are the Sudds simply the exception to the troll rule? Or, if we are talking recently, Optic?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I guess none of you guys have ever been mad at someone and/or called someone a homophobic slur? lol

1) Yes I've been mad at someone. 

2) ever? probably. maybe in middle school when I thought it was a cool thing to say. But not in many years, and I honestly can't relate to the inclination to use that word... the same way I couldn't imagine using/wanting to use a racial slur. But even if I did use those words in my private life... that's different than someone who is streaming and representing sponsors for the #1 Halo team.

One of the reasons I started liking Ninja is that the first time I ever watched his stream, he called out someone he was in a call with who used that word. Made me respect him.

Anyways, I agree with others that it's not worth making a big deal about. I was just surprised, especially coming from Roy.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

People take things way too seriously.

Age of PC my man. Even you don't mean any hate towards that group, you can't say that stuff and not expect backlash. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is overgrowth going to be added to the any of the official HWC gametypes? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Age of PC my man. Even you don't mean any hate towards that group, you can't say that stuff and not expect backlash.

I know I know I just a wish people would stop being overly sensitive. I know for damn sure more than 50% of the people on this forum use these words while playing. We have all heard listen ins and all that jazz so we know it's just a video game thing. The same people saying Roy is bad are the same people that yell "get fucking raped" when they get a no-scope. If someone gets offended by something that doesn't even pertain to them than that just confused me. You're literally getting upset about something for no reason and wasting your energy being mad. It's not necessarily what people say, it's the intention behind it. We all know Roy isn't bashing gay people or anything he's just making a comment. If anything, it means so a thing entirely different in the gaming world. But hey, if people want everyone to be politically correct then they are just gonna live bitter lives trying to correct everything.
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Optic are an embarrassment. Imagine the CoD team not waking up for a tourney?

I won't say any names, but there are like 8 or 9 pros I can name off the top of my head that didn't show up to one of our tournaments for odd reasons including not being awake.  :wutface:

Not defending Optic at all, but it happens.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are the mods allowed to troll though? I mean, there is a monthly troll the Sudds period and I have seen mods participate in it. I understand that it is the in thing to do, but still. Are the Sudds simply the exception to the troll rule? Or, if we are talking recently, Optic?

Sorry forgot to add troll/etc.

As for trolling, if it's constant, it's an issue. We have no issues with occasional posts, smileys, gifs etc. We are fine with them overall, just no overkill.

Back in 2005-2010 or so, sure. Now that I'm a little more grown up, I don't think I'll even consider it. I used to say "wtf, that is gay" all the time and in this day and age, you just look like a terrible person for saying stuff like that. Every time I hear someone who is younger than 16 say it, I just get annoyed.

But when I'm super heated, I usually just forget it and use every word possible.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I won't say any names, but there are like 8 or 9 pros I can name off the top of my head that didn't show up to one of our tournaments for odd reasons including not being awake.  :wutface:

Not defending Optic at all, but it happens.

Isn't that kind of ridiculous though? I mean they're out here playing this game, for a living in some cases, living the dream and practicing for a two million plus dollar tournament and they can't set a god damn alarm? LOL. What could they even be doing with themselves that's more constructive than getting their name out, practicing and adding fuel to their youtube grind? Sleeping when they should be grinding >>>>.<<<<

no, that's stupid (edit: apparently i am infact the stupid one lol)

you can't just use a word created to demean a group of people and then say "but i didn't mean to offend anyone"

this is like that time @@Randa called someone a "downie" (he recanted it like an adult)

i'm all for shit talking, i love it, but you have to shit talk like a professional

or don't and paint yourself into a corner where you will make less money because you alienated people

as for roy, he probably just had a bad day, life can be stressful sometimes

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

no, that's stupid

you can't just use a word created to demean a group of people and then say "but i didn't mean to offend anyone"

this is like that time @@Randa called someone a "downie" (he recanted it like an adult)

i'm all for shit talking, i love it, but you have to shit talk like a professional

or don't and paint yourself into a corner where you will make less money because you alienated people

as for roy, he probably just had a bad day, life can be stressful sometimes

Lol why I am quoted in this? This is exactly what I said. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

In saying "Age of PC my man", it seemed to be implied that you didn't agree with the concept.

My apologies. I just meant that years ago this would have been completely acceptable but it is not in today's world. 

Did roy mean to insult homosexuals with that statement? Of course not. A word alone is not offensive it's the intent of the word that matters.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Most likely

I hope so. I am hoping that they try out as many maps/gametypes as possible in order to find the best, and that they implement new ones as they become available.  

I love how this forum gives guys who haven't casted halo zero chance before dismissing them and mlg completely. "caring for the competitive community" doesn't equate to writing something off at first glance(pistol/radar/breakout/mlg castors/single elimination etc) or posting comments/gif reactions making fun of what a guy wears or his inexperience in casting halo. Some of you guys on here are so impressionable that when a mod or "popular" member posts something about a hot topic, you blindly follow with your pitchforks because it is the popular thing to do. 

Like tiberius said, there is hardly any constructive criticism posted, only memes/dismissals at first glance. Dont confuse caring about the competitive community and its well being with hateful comments and memes.

/jimmies rustled

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I love how this forum gives guys who haven't casted halo zero chance before dismissing them and mlg completely. "caring for the competitive community" doesn't equate to writing something off at first glance(pistol/radar/breakout/mlg castors/single elimination etc) or posting comments/gif reactions making fun of what a guy wears or his inexperience in casting halo. Some of you guys on here are so impressionable that when a mod or "popular" member posts something about a hot topic, you blindly follow with your pitchforks because it is the popular thing to do. 

Like tiberius said, there is hardly any constructive criticism posted, only memes/dismissals at first glance. Dont confuse caring about the competitive community and its well being with hateful comments and memes.

/jimmies rustled

KAJCag.gif

Did someone say memes?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3