CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thanks man! Yeah the 1v1s and 2v2s are different for sure, and can be standoffish at times.

Our tournament schedule with ASTRO was: 

1v1

2v2

1v1

2v2

But I came to ASTRO and said lets take out the last two 1v1s and 2v2 tournaments and run a 4v4 in their place for big money and prizes. They were all about it, very happy to work with such a great company, and the guys there actually LIKE Halo and gaming so it makes everything run silky smooth.

What time does it start?

Thanks man! Yeah the 1v1s and 2v2s are different for sure, and can be standoffish at times.

1v1

2v2

1v1

2v2

But I came to ASTRO and said lets take out the last two 1v1s and 2v2 tournaments and run a 4v4 in their place for big money and prizes. They were all about it, very happy to work with such a great company, and the guys there actually LIKE Halo and gaming so it makes everything run silky smooth.

Awesome, really hyped for this one!

1v1

2v2

1v1

2v2

Damn, thats really cool of 'em (and you guys for running 'em/pitching it :P)

Solid prizes too. Really excited/happy about this.

Premium money at work B O Y S #sellout

Can anybody clear up something for me?

The Game battles Ladder grants 5 pts per win. Are those points per player, or for the entire team. If they are for the team as a whole, who keeps the points? The Leader?

Not 100% sure but I think it is individual pro points. If you win a tournament it would be 1250 a player and every ladder win is 5 points for the individual. I am sure there will be some roster lock before everything is said and done. I haven't looked over everything so far but if you have one team stick together and get 100 wins on the ladder that's 2k points for the team and could be the difference for seeding purposes. 

The rules aren't super clear on this, but I've been operating under the assumption that it's 5000 per player. If it's the other way around, some people are going to wish they were grinding this ladder harder.

@@Clutchy you're pretty much right. Roster lock will take place right before the Last Chance Qualifier the exact date is in the rules somewhere Iirc. Points are individual. If you leave, your points go with you.

So what about the 5 pro points for your daily win. I have only won one game and it says I have 10 pro points. 

Not sure, but the rules on GB seem to imply that those count. Odd that there is no mention of them in the article that lists points distribution though.

Can anybody clear up something for me?

The Game battles Ladder grants 5 pts per win. Are those points per player, or for the entire team. If they are for the team as a whole, who keeps the points? The Leader?

This is what everyone is trying to figure out. According to mikwen its per player so your team would have 20 points for a win, and the players keep their 5 points each.

5:30pm EST.

Can you guys consider changing/alternating the day of the week in the future? Tuesday just happens to be the one day I can't play even though I've been wanting to. I understand if you can't though.

Ooooo, a good point.

Were going to see if Halo 5 actually does "suck" without radar according to 343.

Or if it's actually better for the players and the viewers.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ooooo, a good point.

Were going to see if Halo 5 actually does "suck" without radar according to 343.

I thought beyond only removed radar for the 2v2 and 1v1?

Can you guys consider changing/alternating the day of the week in the future? Tuesday just happens to be the one day I can't play even though I've been wanting to. I understand if you can't though.

Tbh Tuesday is just an odd day in general for players. I finish exams then but usually I'm busy as most would be in a weekday in the afternoon. If it was later at night I think that would be good for players

Possibly in 2016, but we are trying to dodge all of the official HCS leagues / events, etc that usually happen on the weekends. 5:30 PM EST on a weekday isnt impossible for people who have a 9-5 but it is not exactly what I would call optimal either. 

The challenge we face is this:

Staff Scheduling: Everyone who is involved in Beyond / Beyond Tournaments is working, in school, or both. We have to juggle everyones schedules to make sure we can all be available to ensure a smooth tournament experience, and a great broadcast. Tuesday was that day where everyone was available.

Weekdays: Find a time where people who work can still play, and find a time so that the tournament wont run until 5am. Currently our tournaments end around 11:30 to midnight, which is still pretty late for everyone who has to get up at 9am the next day for work or school.

Weekends: Dodge HCS Official online events, and LAN events. We arent looking to step on anyones toes, we are just trying to run some awesome events for the community.

Just to give you a little insight on what we discuss/discussed when mapping all of this out. I would love to run tournaments on Saturdays at noon.

Ooooo, a good point.

I thought beyond only removed radar for the 2v2 and 1v1?

ZeFo is correct, we briefly discussed settings among the staff, and while we all personally believe that radar being enabled is not optimal for competitive play, we do not want any pro or amateur teams to decide not to enter our 4v4 events because the settings are not going to be the same as the HCS/HWC settings, which is where the massive prize pools are. 

I know people are not going to like that, and I dont particularly care for that either, but our goal here is to host great tournaments, and to help teams prepare to square off for that 2 million dollar prize pool.  Now, unless I have every pro team and a lot of players clammering at us to turn off radar, then that might be a different story.

And to clarify: 1v1s and 2v2s will still have NO radar. 

We can start a settings revolution later.  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 5

We can start a settings revolution later.  :ghost:

I think a 4v4 tournament with cash prize is the perfect time to be trying out new settings ! IMO, the 'settings revolution' will become less and less relevant as time goes on... 

I find it kindof sad that just because 343 have set out rules for their big tournament, not many people are willing to try out different settings for example :

Just Pistol Start

Just BR Start

No Radar Obviously

Forward and Strafe Acceleration to 130% 

Strafe Speed to 110%

Faster Recharge/Speed on Thruster

etc

When KillaKC was doing H3 ruleset (possibly H2 aswell), there was so much testing, input and involvement from the community... We need something like this again to create longetivity because the full potential of H5 is far from being discovered imo, maybe forge and more custom options will help resurge that !

• Upvote (+1) 1

ZeFo is correct, we briefly discussed settings among the staff, and while we all personally believe that radar being enabled is not optimal for competitive play, we do not want any pro or amateur teams to decide not to enter our 4v4 events because the settings are not going to be the same as the HCS/HWC settings, which is where the massive prize pools are. 

I know people are not going to like that, and I dont particularly care for that either, but our goal here is to host great tournaments, and to help teams prepare to square off for that 2 million dollar prize pool.  Now, unless I have every pro team and a lot of players clammering at us to turn off radar, then that might be a different story.

That's too bad. Would've been nice to see if no radar does in fact "break" the gameplay or not. Now, we'll have to wait even longer. :\

• Upvote (+1) 1

words

I'm not going to go on and on, and I respect you guys' decision. But this is probably the best time and stage to test new settings and "start a revolution". It can be a proof of concept to 343 and the pro-radar crowd. I hope you all reconsider. But if you don't, I will still watch and support regardless.

• Upvote (+1) 6

As an AM player, I thank you for this. If you want a settings revolution, start a thread for it, start putting down your tags, and play customs with those settings. Meanwhile, I'll be trying to get better at what's going to be played for big money and adapting.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I have a good feeling about Optic with Stellur.

Why? Not sure what would instill that confidence. They're still getting destroyed in all their scrims.

I have a good feeling about Optic with Stellur.

He won't be the problem. Watching them last night was painful. Maniac is a good player but plays super aggressive and his own teammate was getting in his head. They have not been on much and are not grinding the game enough to be a top team. I love optic but I think they are in trouble. Have not watched Flamesword play much because I think he still streams on MLG but he wasn't the most impressive in the beta. 

maniac was doing things like pushing snipe on coliseum when his team was dead and they honestly looked like they were my friends haha