CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you guys think @@T0rM3nTeD stats coming out a few days ago has had any affect on team changes and decisions?

It probably just serves as evidence for naysayers who would question a team change but the teams know whos bad and who isnt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They speak to what everyone watching the scrims has seen. Maniac is struggling at H5. You can't talk about his slaying power and ignore the fact that he's a bottom 5 player in terms of K/D.

Doesn't mean he won't figure it out or do better later, I hope he does.

I didn't speak to his slaying power, so I assume you are talking about someone else.

I'm going by what I see and my gut.

Do you guys think @@T0rM3nTeD stats coming out a few days ago has had any affect on team changes and decisions?

with the way social media is today I think it plays a massive role roster changes. Scrims have never been documented like this before and with two million dollars on the line I'd imagine pros have been lurking this thread hard over the last month.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The problem with these tourny's is they're all online. As Mikwen said historically online =/= lan performance. Since online is all they have to go on though, I feel like disregarding stats is really dumb.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Crowd Pleasers are looking realllll good. 

Anybody know if they're org shopping? Sure there are some orgs still looking to get into Halo. Orbit, for example, weren't they looking at Nadeds squad back in H2A (ending up being Forgehub sponsored)?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Crowd Pleasers are looking realllll good. 

Anybody know if they're org shopping? Sure there are some orgs still looking to get into Halo. Orbit, for example, weren't they looking at Nadeds squad back in H2A (ending up being Forgehub sponsored)?

Will definitely contact Orbit, thanks. :D

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm just seeing a lot of BIG orgs taking risks on these up and coming players in other eSports. Since you guys seem to be on a bit of a hotsreak you can definitely leverage that. Hope you guys find something good and keep up the grind. 

ex. CLG picking up a team in CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but I'm 99% sure Benson will be a Halo caster. RIP

And I'm muting the stream.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

what are all your Twitter handles? I'll tweet you guys out. Some orgs and owners follow me. Could help potentially
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone give me the rundown on this Benson guy? I am so confused

Met him at an Iron Gaming once, really cool dude! I enjoy his Call of Duty casting too. I cant remember if he's a Play by Play or what but if so, I don't see the problem.

• Upvote (+1) 3

nothing really. some people on these forums think that they know whats best for Halo and anybody else or anything else is wrong

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

nothing really. some people on these forums think that they know whats best for Halo and anybody else or anything else is wrong

Man, you're slowly developing into the Reiku of the Halo 5 era around here eh?

• Upvote (+1) 7

British caster who works for MLG, he's a hype caster but lately tends to be really bad. His game knowledge is pretty bad, gets hype at the wrong moments, isn't open to criticism, when he gets hype you can't tell a single word he's saying. His casting tends to suit new viewers (which isn't a bad thing) but older viewers can't stand him. He used to be a great caster but ever since the end of CoD Black Ops 2 he's been sub-par.

Something I have been working on the past few days. Its an attempt to track Halo pro player scrims. Its in very early stages as you can see from the video.

• Plans are to include all teams and their players when things settle.
  • Have more stats on players pages. Right now its the basic stuff. It can see what teams where scrimming. In the video it lists the optic players because I havent added them due to roster changes. But you can see it picks up CLG because Ive the team added to the system.
  • Need to start the games pages
  • Need to start the scrims/series pages
  • It will need some functionality to capture stats from tournaments, that is if they dont play on their real accounts.

Anyone got any thoughts on this? Keep in mind Ive been working on it for about 3 or 4 days so be nice lol

DOPE!!!!
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Something I have been working on the past few days. Its an attempt to track Halo pro player scrims. Its in very early stages as you can see from the video.

• Have more stats on players pages. Right now its the basic stuff. It can see what teams where scrimming. In the video it lists the optic players because I havent added them due to roster changes. But you can see it picks up CLG because Ive the team added to the system.
  • It will need some functionality to capture stats from tournaments, that is if they dont play on their real accounts.

-vid-

Anyone got any thoughts on this? Keep in mind Ive been working on it for about 3 or 4 days so be nice lol

Great stuff, man. I'm really really loving all the community involvement lately with tracking stats from @@T0rM3nTeD, to Halo news twitters like HCS Now, Halo livestream talk shows like The Pit from Throoper and The Commentary Booth from Walsh/Simms, and using the Halo API in creative ways. Stuff like this is what will raise the hype level and bring in new fans.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How will it know which custom games are scrims, or will you have to manually select a game to add it to the tracking? Looks pretty awesome tho.

How will it know which custom games are scrims, or will you have to manually select a game to add it to the tracking? Looks pretty awesome tho.

It checks if the players whole team is there. It then gets the opposition team and checks if they are a full pro team, if not just lists out the players. I assume if the teams are playing customs its going to be a scrim. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It checks if the players whole team is there. It then gets the opposition team and checks if they are a full pro team, if not just lists out the players. I assume if the teams are playing customs its going to be a scrim.

What if the players aren't on their main tags? Just things to consider. Looks awesome tho.