CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

yup. watch/listen to that broadcast.

Still not convinced.  It conflicts with other information I've gotten from multiple sources.

Season 3 is crazy!

Still not convinced.  It conflicts with other information I've gotten from multiple sources.

Season 3 is crazy!

??? You can hear Zeke's voice the whole broadcast - it's pretty distinctive, lol. And that's his most common GT.

Also, I'm 99% sure that DenseSuperSet is Ryanoob. Someone even called him Ryanoob in a callout, plus he had many ground pounds.

Arkanum - EG Alpha Cabbage and VicX - Dark Knight SG ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

??? You can hear Zeke's voice the whole broadcast - it's pretty distinctive, lol. And that's his most common GT.

Also, I'm 99% sure that DenseSuperSet is Ryanoob. Someone even called him Ryanoob in a callout, plus he had many ground pounds.

Arkanum - EG Alpha Cabbage and VicX - Dark Knight SG ?

Clearly another pro has dedicated their entire life to practicing their Zeke impression, that's all.

But on a more serious note, I don't think VicX is any of those players. Could be wrong in that though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Online ladders begin today. Excited to see what happens  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm guessing pro teams will only compete in the 5K tournaments and won't bother playing in the online ladder since each win is 5 points?

Honestly, I think they can very well be the best duo in H5. They are that good. They were pretty close in H2A IMO. And with Frosty doing his thing, they start really clicking and get more practice as a team, scary. That takes nothing away from roybox and all they've done, but you have to recognize and give credit when it is due.

I think they are probably the most explosive and enjoyable duo to watch, again IMO.

I was referring to Fitcherman's claim that Sbite/Royal2 are the best duo in Halo. Which based on amount of event wins and longevity of their career the RoyBox duo is superior.

The best duo in H5 is a whole other story though which I agree with you Sbite/Royal2 have shown so far that they can be the best duo in H5 but that remains to be seen until we have an actual LAN event imo. 

Does anyone remember who their fourth was?

Was Nerdy, who went to VexX. Pretty sure they also ran some games with PreDevonator.

I'm guessing pro teams will only compete in the 5K tournaments and won't bother playing in the online ladder since each win is 5 points?

well, what could very easily happen is, EG could win the first tournament lets say, and CLG took 2nd

if they flipped for the next one and CLG got first and EG got 2nd, the would have the same amount of points. So doing the online ladder would secure one of the teams with 1st seed. If the points get really lop sided, then i doubt anyone will be doing them though, unless its just for practice. 

Goofy and Str8 sick were dropped

Damn. Str8 Sick has been impressive in H5, imo. Deserves a good team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Clearly another pro has dedicated their entire life to practicing their Zeke impression, that's all.

But on a more serious note, I don't think VicX is any of those players. Could be wrong in that though.

Yeah, if it's not one of the C9 guys, I'm betting on it being Cloud. Have no clue who their fourth is/was though.

Damn. Str8 Sick has been impressive in H5, imo. Deserves a good team.

Agreed. Could be good on WFX or eLevate.

Does anyone remember who their fourth was?

Think it was Wintur, no? Idk they were running with with Nerdy and Devonator as well I believe.

Gooby getting dropped isn't all that surprising considering he hasn't been playing all that well but Str8 Sick seemed to be playing decent enough from what I saw. Should be interesting to see who their 4th will be and who Gooby and Str8 Sick will team with. 

So wait, rosters never lock up through Champs?

Rosters lock before NA Regionals, they are open throughout the Qualifiers

Think it was Wintur, no? Idk they were running with with Nerdy and Devonator as well I believe.

Gooby getting dropped isn't all that surprising considering he hasn't been playing all that well but Str8 Sick seemed to be playing decent enough from what I saw. Should be interesting to see who their 4th will be and who Gooby and Str8 Sick will team with. 

I can't tell if your spelling "goofy", "gooby" on purpose

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm thinking Goofy and Str8 Sick were a package deal. Naded/El Town probably wanted to drop Goofy and Str8 Sick said he'd leave if they did. That's just my guess though

70k viewers for the EU qualifier alone for CoD. 

Damn. That's some preeeety fast growth already. This is JUST the qualifier too. Not to mention the $200k season and million dollar finals...

Activision really stepped up and showed the HCS team how console eSports SHOULD be done. I respect the prize pool, it's a metric FUCK TON of money, but the interest their generating pales in comparison right now to the structure CoD has. 

Hoping they can learn a lot from CoD/Activisions efforts. 

Really don't see how ladder matches and qualifying cups are going to generate more than 5k viewers all the way till Regionals in the Spring. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

that is insane dropping Str8 sick though, that was a huge down grade for Team Allegiance, El town was one of the worse along side goofy. This team is going to be horrible with El town and suspector, no way naded would stay on a team like that.

I only watched Allegiance a few times, but Str8 Sick called out Naded for bad plays a few times, which Naded didn't take too well... have a feeling the drop was based on that more than Str8 Sick's skill. Heck, he was probably the best player on that team.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't think Naded would care about being called out. He would want to play with the best teammates. So this dropping of Str8 Sic and signing of suspect just doesn't fit.