CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Power rankings mean little, if not nothing. Doesn't mean it isn't fun to speculate. Not to mention its something to do during dry periods while there's not much going on.

There's always going to be favorites, and those favorites tend to evolve as time in the season progresses. That's why you take it all with a grain of salt. An example for football fans would be the Indianapolis Colts. They were rated to be in the superbowl during preseason, and now they're struggling to hold the top spot in their division. They went from #1-#2 to #12-#13 in the power rankings as of present. Power rankings are speculation on a week-to-week basis purely so media have something to talk about and for fans to debate about. It keeps things interesting when there's not much else interesting happening.

If you don't agree with someone's power rankings....great! Tell us why. You're playing the game.

If you don't like power rankings, there's a basic human process that you, and my 3 year old, are capable of...ignoring.

There. A power ranking explanation and instructions on how to, or how not to, participate. All bitching from this post forward regarding power rankings should be referred to this post.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're only re-enforcing my point that no one takes it seriously.

Except I'm stressing that the people who actually vote in the polls for Associated Press and Coaches' Polls (USA Today) definitely, with evidence (based off how rankings change during the season), take it seriously?

I'm not saying they should, but they most certainly do.

Pre-Season rankings aren't a thing to take seriously, but they're a good way, as NinjaWuu said, for building storylines and keeping up with how the expectations are for teams.  You want to be able to frame the first matches of the season with context.  You want to be able to paint one team as an underdog.  That way the audience has some sort of tie to the match other than "Oh these are two teams playing.  Wait, why is this one team shitting on the other? lol nvm I'm gonna go watch NA lose at csgo instead."

After going over scrims against different teams and Win % (@@T0rM3nTeD MVP), I'm leaning around this list. Allegiance IS slacking, and their team synergy is off by a lot. nV still has a lot of work to do as of this moment and CLGs team change has cranked their game up tenfold. Liquid was unstoppable but is now off the grid. EG is still amazing but has competition.

Winterfox is crumbling in terms of performance and roster, and Crowd Pleasers has proven they can really put it work against top teams. eLevate has a lot of hours invested and strong placings Online.

Any last objections or persuasions regarding this list (advice on 1/2, 5/6)

1/2. CLG/Liquid

3. EG

4. nV

5/6. eLevate/Crowd Pleasers

7. Winterfox

8. Allegiance/OpTic

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except I'm stressing that the people who actually vote in the polls for Associated Press and Coaches' Polls (USA Today) definitely, with evidence (based off how rankings change during the season), take it seriously?

I'm not saying they should, but they most certainly do.

Pre-Season rankings aren't a thing to take seriously, but they're a good way, as NinjaWuu said, for building storylines and keeping up with how the expectations are for teams.  You want to be able to frame the first matches of the season with context.  You want to be able to paint one team as an underdog.  That way the audience has some sort of tie to the match other than "Oh these are two teams playing.  Wait, why is this one team shitting on the other? lol nvm I'm gonna go watch NA lose at csgo instead."

I never said any of that wasn't true. Also, I don't think they take it seriously. It's basically last season's good teams and teams who had a hype recruiting class.

@ your post comes off as terribly condescending haha. 

Edit: Has anyone really started anything over someone else's ranking? Everyone seems to be going about it pretty respectfully, so I don't even know why that post was necessary.

Also just out of curiosity, @@Randa, @@Spartan, @@Mikwen, @@LethuL, and any other Pros who may frequent. Will you all be playing a few matches on the Ladder to try to get a decent seed for the 20th? Or will you just be winging it when the Qualifiers start?

After going over scrims against different teams and Win % (@@T0rM3nTeD MVP), I'm leaning around this list. Allegiance IS slacking, and their team synergy is off by a lot. nV still has a lot of work to do as of this moment and CLGs team change has cranked their game up tenfold. Liquid was unstoppable but is now off the grid. EG is still amazing but has competition.

Winterfox is crumbling in terms of performance and roster, and Crowd Pleasers has proven they can really put it work against top teams. eLevate has a lot of hours invested and strong placings Online.

Any last objections or persuasions regarding this list (advice on 1/2, 5/6)

1/2. CLG/Liquid

3. EG

4. nV

5/6. eLevate/Crowd Pleasers

7. Winterfox

8. Allegiance/OpTic

I think CLG with the new roster is probably stronger than Liquid, but there's more hard evidence supporting Liquid at #1 presently.  Putting Liquid #1 leaves more room for storyline development in the coming weeks :)

And I think eLevate are still better than Crowd Pleasers, -BUT- CP's win over EG last night could make me argue either way for that one.

Also just out of curiosity, @@Randa, @@Spartan, @@Mikwen, @@LethuL, and any other Pros who may frequent. Will you all be playing a few matches on the Ladder to try to get a decent seed for the 20th? Or will you just be winging it when the Qualifiers start?

Im assuming teams will be playing tonight, assuming... 5 is a small number to most people when the points for the tourneys are way more, but 5 points can be huge later down the road. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Losing a scrim =/= "X" team is better than "Y" team. 

I think people forget that scrims are practice. Teams will try new strats and see do they work. 

I dont think players are 100% focused on getting the W more than they are focused on learning strats, spawns and things of that nature.

In a tournament setting thats where its all about the W and you generally dont take risks with making up strats on the spot

I think CLG with the new roster is probably stronger than Liquid, but there's more hard evidence supporting Liquid at #1 presently.  Putting Liquid #1 leaves more room for storyline development in the coming weeks :)

And I think eLevate are still better than Crowd Pleasers, -BUT- CP's win over EG last night could make me argue either way for that one.

This is exactly what I'm thinking about. Liquid won majority of the pre-season, and EG lost to a handful of teams. CLG is rising quickly so I think I'll put them at 2.

Same case with Crowd Pleasers, rising quickly, but eLevate performed well for most of the season.

If I were Spartan I'd choose Optic over C9/tD in a heartbeat. 

Hysteria & FiS negativity is mindblowing, and FiS sort of sucks at this game. Not to mention the content opportunities with Optic. 

Ok so how much longer til a TL / CLG scrim?

Hopefully soon since Ninja's internet is fixed and Chig is all moved in. Tonight is TL's first scrim in at least a week.