CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Or, you know, you use close range weapons at close range, long range weapons at long range, and a pistol at utility ranges which can out shoot close range and long range weapons in the hands of a more skillful player. 

This is the first time I've been excited about a Halo sandbox since the Halo: Reach beta. 

We're approaching Shadowrun levels of utility here. 

nah bruh...it's all about using the BR for every single kill and maybe a rocket or sniper every now and then...but BR's all day and night

• Upvote (+1) 3

nah bruh...it's all about using the BR for every single kill and maybe a rocket or sniper every now and then...but BR's all day and night

Halo 3 is the only Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Because that's totally the fault of the BR and those filthy little BR kids, and totally not the fault of Halo 3's crapdick weapon design. Totally! Totes magotes!

Carry on with the circlejerk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because that's totally the fault of the BR and those filthy little BR kids, and totally not the fault of Halo 3's crapdick weapon design. Totally! Totes magotes!

Carry on with the circlejerk.

Which is why I'm very excited for the AR/Pistol starts being both balanced and skillful, while also leading to an increased meta and increased audience within the HCS and HWC. The weapon design in Halo 5 looks fantastic. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Interesting, I thought the exact opposite. Empire was terrible for Slayer but Fathom worked quite well.

Hmm, maybe I have confused fast gameplay with caotic gameplay.

Hmm, maybe I have confused fast gameplay with caotic gameplay.

Or you mixed them up, they look quite similar beside the skybox :kappa:

But I'm with Moa, Fathom was much more fun to watch

The only thing I need to know is what changes has been made in Halo 5 since the May build. Giving them suggestions on how to fix a 3 month old build seems pointless since we have no clue how Halo 5 has changed since then.

The only thing I need to know is what changes has been made in Halo 5 since the May build? Giving them suggestions on how to fix a 3 month old build seems pointless since we have know clue how Halo 5 has changed since then.

Shotgun range reduced, lighting tweaked, shotgun reduced to a five shot clip.

The thing I liked about Halo 1 is that every weapon had it's purpose for the most part:

Pistol - Mid-Range

AR - Up Close/Back up option

Sniper - Distance

Rockets - Up Close Domination

Nades - Killing/Weapon Movement

Plasma Rifle - Freeze/Stop Enemies

I hope to see this with Halo 5 again. I love the BR start as much as the next guy, but I'm willing to give H5 a fair shot with Pistol/AR start, we have to let the meta evolve first before we start forging the game into something else.

Imagine if we had Forge in Halo 2, would the Sword have been removed from Lockout? So many great tournament moments with just that weapon. Look at Walshy in Halo 3, he used the mauler to make the lift noise on Guardian to trick enemies so the team could flank. That's some examples of stuff I loved in past Halo game that I would love to see back. Competitive Halo gotten a bit stale in recent memory. Let's give it a fair chance to grow before arguing for change.

That exactly how I feel. I think if we can open our minds a bit as a community, the potential for this game could be endless. We'll see when there is more than just 4 team tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shotgun range reduced, lighting tweaked, shotgun reduced to a five shot clip.

That's it!? OMG, 343 go back to the drawing-board.

Yeah fathom and slayer was a nice combination, especially when snipedrone got shotty snipe and just held down that back area. Empire was an OS clusterfuck.

Simms said in other thread that 343 reads this thread a lot for feed backs. We better get 4sk pistol if they take these feedbacks seriously.

Or, you know, you use close range weapons at close range, long range weapons at long range, and a pistol at utility ranges which can out shoot close range and long range weapons in the hands of a more skillful player. 

This is the first time I've been excited about a Halo sandbox since the Halo: Reach beta. 

We're approaching Shadowrun levels of utility here. 

Yeah but sprint combined with thruster as well as generally cluttered map design means more close ranged battles so people end up opting for automatics.

Fathom gameplay was a hundred times more enjoyable than Empire. I don't think we should judge the game based on Empire matches. It's nothing new that shotguns and automatics dominate close quarters maps. I would like to see pistol only starts on Empire to see how that plays out.

Fathom had much more pistol and precision rifle usage due to the openness of the map, and it was great to watch. I'm curious to see how weapon launching will evolve when the game is out. It will only add more depth to high level matches.

Jeeeez, Empire was the wrong map to showcase. I would have preferred Truth or Regret.

How does the BR increase the skill gap over the pistol when the latter is more difficult to use? Seriously, how? Just say you enjoy using and watching the BR more, there's nothing wrong with that.

Tell me when did I ever say the BR increase the skill gap over the pistol I just said it inceases the skill gap period. I like the pistol I would just prefer it to be BR/pistol starts. An I do prefer the Br more.

Tell me when did I ever say the BR increase the skill gap over the pistol I just said it inceases the skill gap period. I like the pistol I would just prefer it to be BR/pistol starts. An I do prefer the Br more.

Confused-gif.gif

Yeah but sprint combined with thruster as well as generally cluttered map design means more close ranged battles so people end up opting for automatics.

This is why Fathom played so much better than Empire. Fathom has long open sight lines so people would generally use the pistol or try to look for a DMR or BR on that map. The precision weapons on Empire have so little impact because most of the gunplay is close quarters due to the small sight lines and the abundance of small corridors which automatic weapons dominate. The pistol becoming a 4sk would solve a lot of problems in terms of gameplay. The DMR and BR are fine the way they are now because its easier to shoot with those weapons compared to the pistol.

And this is what happens when weapons don't have an individual identity anymore.

Also, seriously if they just made the pistol take 1 less shot it would be a utility weapon that rewards a skilled player by giving you a considerable advantage over the rifles.

Confused-gif.gif

I'd like to know your opinion on it instead of just a meme.  All Im saying is Smg's and ARs felt boring nothing against the pistol.

this is really a poor way of looking at things

You're right, I just saw a little strategic value to the new OS. Then again, being wary of your shields before picking it up defeats the purpose. The player should be invulnerable the moment the OS is picked up and the animation should be nothing more than a gimmick. 

The pistol is the current utility weapon off my spawn my dude....sigh

I'd like to know your opinion on it instead of just a meme.  All Im saying is Smg's and ARs felt boring nothing against the pistol.

You think if players spawned with a BR/AR it would have stopped them from using the AR or picking up an SMG during the tourney yest? You think the effectiveness of the AR/SMG would not have carried over to the BR? You want to just watch players run around with a BR and get kills left and right?

I was trying to get you to rephrase what you said, as I didn't understand what you were trying to mean. Oh, and it's a gif, not a meme.

I was trying to get you to rephrase what you said, as I didn't understand what you were trying to mean. Oh, and it's a gif, not a meme.

http://niceme.me/

• Upvote (+1) 1