CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Come to think about it, did any former players comeback to Halo? If not, that's kind of disappointing. 

Edit: What Vin said. 

Prize pool will probably be close to 2 million, top 16 guaranteed a decent pay out, I'm actually very surprised too, don't think I've seen one pro come back. Yeah they're older now and have jobs, but I'm sure most pro's playing atm do too. :\ honestly thought we'd be seeing A LOT of pro's back.

Lame. We are talking a few skins and an armor that probably took someone a few hours to create. I don't understand why they couldn't do 100% of the proceeds. I'm waiting to buy until I find out.

Pistols and ARs ain't cheap, 343 ain't no charity bro

/sarcasm

Prize pool will probably be close to 2 million, top 16 guaranteed a decent pay out, I'm actually very surprised too, don't think I've seen one pro come back. Yeah they're older now and have jobs, but I'm sure most pro's playing atm do too. :\ honestly thought we'd be seeing A LOT of pro's back.

If half the championship bracket wasn't locked to lowly populated halo regions, some may of taken a chance with a top 12-16 NA team. 

Maybe next season? Who knows. Cyren made a good point, a lot of older pros are growing up. Which is why it's so important we have these new and young up and comers now.

Which tbh I'd rather have these new young up and comers anyway. Sure it may have been cool to see some old faces like Bman, SK, Legit, Clutch, or T2 come back but lets be real none of those guys would have put in that much effort and would only be a shell of their former selves. I'd honestly prefer to have players like Frosty, El Town, Unlegit, Suspector, Shooter, Spartan, etc. move up the ranks onto better teams who are willing to grind this game out and get better than to have old pros come back and play the minimum amount that gets them a mediocre placing. That may just be me though. 

Just asked

https://twitter.com/CyReN_/status/672516014374961152

Got mine either way, really hope it is 100% though. Could easily boost it to 2 million.

Acc. to the fine print when purchasing the pack through Waypoint/Xbox.com, it is a "portion" like the existing packs. It could be a larger portion than normal, though.

If half the championship bracket wasn't locked to lowly populated halo regions, some may of taken a chance with a top 12-16 NA team. 

Yeah, kinda sucks that NA Regionals will probably have a better talent pool than the finals. To be fair though we've seen some pretty good teams from Australia and EU in the past, and I'm glad they'll at least have a shot.

$10? I'm not cheap but that's starting to trigger my inner voice that says they are digital clothes for my avatar. Hopefully we can actually know the %. I wouldn't have thought twice at $5.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hopefully we can actually know the %. 

One of the reasons the dota pool got so big was that they knew the exact % and saw the live total all the time.

If 343 arent going to announce the % with sales numbers, then the cynic in me is just going to presume the figure is made up. 343 lacking transparency shocker.

• Upvote (+1) 7

they probably dont want to release sale numbers and letting people know how much packs they are selling

many companies keep these things private. i think having it public can help drive sales however 343 obviously wants to keep it private

One of the reasons the dota pool got so big was that they knew the exact % and saw the live total all the time.

If 343 arent going to announce the % with sales numbers, then the cynic in me is just going to presume the figure is made up. 343 lacking transparency shocker.

That would be super cool to have a webpage where you could constantly watch the prize pool growing. Someone with some clout should tweet that to the people at 343 that could make that extremely simple thing happen.

if 343 hasn't told us already they probably won't

i bet it's a low % and that's why they haven't disclosed it

"10% of your $10 goes towards the hcs!"

could you imagine

I don't think it's a bad percentage at all.  It's probably more of a company philosophy about disclosure of information.  They do not want to reveal playlist populations to influence the community one way or the other and they are doing to the same with the req pack numbers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

if 343 hasn't told us already they probably won't

i bet it's a low % and that's why they haven't disclosed it

"10% of your $10 goes towards the hcs!"

could you imagine

Or there isint a % and they just bust out a prize pool total whenever in need of PR.

343 - "Support your HWC! Buy our req packs"

Timmy on Team Beyond - "How much of my hard earned money goes to it?"

343 - "....Heres the HWC pack, buy our req pack!"

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because some have literally no presence at all. Gfinity in the UK is a good option since they have their own studio, sponsors etc. Same applies for MLG in NA. Asia was given to ESL but I dont think 343 had a clue what to do there regardless. MLG trying to run a UK event wouldnt have made any sense. Also handy to develop partnerships for the future.

Numbers from around the world

Mexico - 43 teams - on the ladder 

Brazil - 3 teams on the ladder 

Rest of SA - zero

LAN - two

South Africa - 1

Middle East - 0

UK - 11 for a cup this weekend

South Korea - zero

Taiwan - three

Oceania - 18

China - 3

Why is mexico on this list? Are they being put in the latin america slot?

Going to buy at least 2 packs when I get home. $10 is a lot for a pack, but in my eyes the pack is just a bonus for contributing to the prize pool.

Why is mexico on this list? Are they being put in the latin america slot?

Mexico has its own qualifying branch. X amount of teams from Mexico qualify for the Latin America Regional Finals, from which one team qualifies for the HWC Finals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think it's a bad percentage at all. It's probably more of a company philosophy about disclosure of information. They do not want to reveal playlist populations to influence the community one way or the other and they are doing to the same with the req pack numbers.

It's not, its at least upwards of 30% for the standard packs, and I'd be willing to bet the HCS pack is a larger % considering its sole purpose is to grow the pool.

It's not, its at least upwards of 30% for the standard packs, and I'd be willing to bet the HCS pack is a larger % considering its sole purpose is to grow the pool.

where did you get 30% from?

$10 dollars...damn. I might do it but...at least tell me the percentage that is going to HWC, you can always do something like TI Compendium, easily the best idea ever made by valve to get pool for TI as high as it has ever been(and only being 25% of the total money spent).

How limited is this promotion? I can grind out 20k-30k RP a day.

I can't, I just keep getting this error: 

Attention. Could not find a server that was suitable for all members of your fireteam.

Hl5jGvm_8col.jpg

nb4.. "2cheap4$10?" - YES!

If your main form of advertising is the prize pool donation part, you cant then just not reveal the %.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you guys really give that much of shit about the percentage?

Publisher gives $1m to prizepool alone, obviously the events / structure will cost a fucking bomb on top of that. They introduce a way for people to chip in to the prize pool and then keep developing on it to increase the prize pool. As if you're not going to buy it anyway to support, it's got fuck all to do with the 'value' of the product, they're cosmetic items in a game.

Can I buy one for someone else in a legit way? I don't own an xb1 so it'll just be sat on my account doing nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2