CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

elumnite isnt getting on a "pro" team this season. quote me

Why's that? And FYI I added your teams scrims to my database. They'll be on my next report.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is with all these people with Pancake in their name

You know what pancakes are made with right?

milk1.jpg

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Why's that? And FYI I added your teams scrims to my database. They'll be on my next report.

Thanks! I can't really comment on why I'll get too much heat but you guys will figure it out.

Just basing off the stats (Doesn't determine much) what I saw was that Shooter tends to have the weakest stats & KDA in their scrims. I heard WFX could be breaking apart too so I am throwing it out there that FS could be running with Spartan, Arkanum, & Ryanoob? Not as likely as the tD roster but just throwing it out there.

Thanks! I can't really comment on why I'll get too much heat but you guys will figure it out.

Is it because he's a dick? I bet it's because he's a dick.

I think FS was referring to Ola and Heinz honestly. Makes more sense than CLG but I could be wrong.

Haven't seen the video yet so I don't have the context, but LOL if you think Ola and Heinz would break up that team they have.

Haven't seen the video yet so I don't have the context, but LOL if you think Ola and Heinz would break up that team they have.

I don't think they would in a million years but I didn't explicitly hear him say they were considering the offer. All I heard was him say that OpTic "pursued" one player and that one player wouldn't leave a team without his duo, period. He also referred to this one player as the best player in the past three years of Halo in his opinion. I don't recall any players on CLG playing much Halo 4. Ola and Heinz did.

I don't think they would in a million years but I didn't explicitly hear him say they were considering the offer. All I heard was him say that OpTic "pursued" one player and that one player wouldn't leave a team without his duo, period. He also referred to this one player as the best player in the past three years of Halo in his opinion. I don't recall any players on CLG playing much Halo 4. Ola and Heinz did.

That's gotta be Snakebite he's talking about. I'm sure he did what most do and ignored Halo 4 timeframe. Heinz and Ola are good, but neither of them would be considered the BEST in Halo over the last three years.

the only 2 solid duos that have teamed for a long time are : FiS/VicX and Snakebite/Royal2

You forgot roybox

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spartan and Shooter have teamed for awhile and have a duo-like connection. I think Spartan is fairly loyal to him. I could see someone thinking Spartan was a top player maybe?

Yeah he might be ignoring H4. It obviously could be referring to Snakebite and Royal 2 but as far as I could tell FS never said they were interested. All he said is that Optic was "going after" them. 

Yeah he might be ignoring H4. It obviously could be referring to Snakebite and Royal 2 but as far as I could tell FS never said they were interested. All he said is that Optic was "going after" them. 

He's talking about Snakebite/Royal 2.  The way he talked about it implied that whoever they contacted individually (whether Snakebite or Royal 2) expressed some sort of interest, otherwise there would be no point in Flame posting that Tweet in the first place ("Gotta make touch decisions as captain" or whatever).  He states that the "player" would want his "friend who is also amazing" on the team...there hasn't been a more obvious non-twin star 'duo' over the past few years than Snakebite and Royal 2 .  Now, we know that CLG was trending downwards as the newly formed Liquid was outperforming them in this game early, and the new Envy squad was looking likely to vault them as well, as well as several AM teams kind of beating them at times as well.  We also now obviously know that there was turmoil with Cloud.  If you are Snakebite/Royal 2 and your team is dwindling, Cloud looks like nothing special, 2gre is nearly 30 and also doesn't look 'incredible' anymore...it probably gives you some reason to listen to a potential team offer, even if its from perennial disappointment OpTic.  The biggest tell-tale that it was those two is that Flame concluded by saying its off the table now because "those people have figured out what they want to do within their own structure"...ie: dropping Cloud and picking up Frosty, which immediately changes the dynamic of that team on paper.

Think about it even more logically: Flamesword hasn't teamed with many players.  He's won a championship with those two.  Who do you think he realistically contacted and pushed for?

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's talking about Snakebite/Royal 2.

Like I said above it definitely could be those two but I think it would have taken a huge offer for them to leave CLG. I'm sure, as great friends and with the situation they were in, listening to an offer from FS was a gimme. I just doubt it was ever given more than a little thought. I like hearing the full story straight from the source before I start assuming I know who it was and how seriously it was considered even if the former is pretty obvious. I am bias, though. I've been an Ogre 2 fan for 10 years and admittedly don't want to see him on anything other than a top team. I especially don't want a little conversation between FS and half of CLG to be the reason this team breaks up or underperforms (as a result of turmoil caused by such conversations).

Why is the HWC using 3 different  companies / leagues to run the qualifiers? It (in my opinion) makes everything difficult and frankly annoying to follow / keep up to date.

It needs to be all funneled into one company for this, otherwise its just going to be a cluster of different companies announcing different updates on top of eachother. It is cool to try and have a hand in every major eSports tournament organizer, but it would be a lot easier from a spectator perspective if one company was handling everything. This way everyone knows EXACTLY where to go to get all the info and every single update.

Whether it be ESL or MLG. 

Not sure if anyone else feels this way haha.

Because some have literally no presence at all. Gfinity in the UK is a good option since they have their own studio, sponsors etc. Same applies for MLG in NA. Asia was given to ESL but I dont think 343 had a clue what to do there regardless. MLG trying to run a UK event wouldnt have made any sense. Also handy to develop partnerships for the future.

Numbers from around the world

Mexico - 43 teams - on the ladder 

Brazil - 3 teams on the ladder 

Rest of SA - zero

LAN - two

South Africa - 1

Middle East - 0

UK - 11 for a cup this weekend

South Korea - zero

Taiwan - three

Oceania - 18

China - 3

the only 2 solid duos that have teamed for a long time are : FiS/VicX and Snakebite/Royal2

I think he was trying out the Suddoths.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Flamesword said he has been playing for 1 hour every morning like thats even enough time lololololo There is AM teams out here grinding for 5-6 hours a day together

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Flamesword said he has been playing for 1 hour every morning like thats even enough time lololololo There is AM teams out here grinding for 5-6 hours a day together

He said that's how he starts the day.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

He said that's how he starts the day.

Exactly that's all he has been playing

• Downvote (-1) 8

Exactly that's all he has been playing

He has 3 days played in arena but only plays 1 hour a day. I'm curious how you got "plays 1 hour a day" when he said that's how he starts off his day
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

From the FS video I initially thought Snakebite and Royal2. But the more I think about it, They are basically a trio with 2gre now. 

I think the Trio is Hysteria, VicX and FiS. Its the obvious assumption. Im not sure thats an upgrade though. Presuming they could get Cloud, Maniac and Assault are just as experienced and skilled.

The FS was very honest. None of the #ShadyHaloKids stuff

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because some have literally no presence at all. Gfinity in the UK is a good option since they have their own studio, sponsors etc. Same applies for MLG in NA. Asia was given to ESL but I dont think 343 had a clue what to do there regardless. MLG trying to run a UK event wouldnt have made any sense. Also handy to develop partnerships for the future.

Numbers from around the world

Mexico - 43 teams - on the ladder

Brazil - 3 teams on the ladder

Rest of SA - zero

LAN - two

South Africa - 1

Middle East - 0

UK - 11 for a cup this weekend

South Korea - zero

Taiwan - three

Oceania - 18

China - 3

Those numbers are pretty low, IMO MLG for NA and ESL for everywhere else would be okay, no clue how Gfinity managed to sneak into the mix, I guess because of their UK presence like you mentioned.

Something else that's pretty insane is the fact that they took the honeymoon stage of the game off and didn't make a single move. Players and Teams made moves. They are trying to figure out their team THE DAY of the qualifying starting... really?

I assume you go off of Halotracker? If I'm not wrong that site uses MM date from Arena, and Warzone. Yes Assault and FS have more in arena than my main account (by about 10 hours with my warzone time), I have played on 3 different accounts.  Quality practice is always more important after all, and I think the quality practice really shows in their scrims. For having 2 people with "close to my playtime" they really aren't putting up a fight. 

I assume you used Halo tracker, which tracks only MM. I have 2 days, 22 hours, 38 minutes in customs on my main account as opposed to FS and Assault who have 12 hours 6 minutes, and 12 hours 12 minutes. 

So I'd say between that and my other 2 accounts I have played on it really isn't that close. 

And I was miles better than @@Ace at h2a he wasn't even the best player on his avg team. #MaNiaC

Take a look at the teams that formed early on, a lot has changed since then. I rather all that shit shake out first then solidify my roster so I can start working with a group that's not going to dissipate before the first qualifier.

As for the data, I pulled it all from waypoint (just totals) and I knew that it wasnt 100% accurate because you have your secondary accounts. I understand that quality practice (scrims) is more beneficial than any other form of practice but what I was getting at in my original post is that these guys ARE playing. It's hard to get "quality practice" in when you don't have a full roster, they're obviously working on that. 

As for h2a. that stuff is in the past so I'm not going to dwell on it. It's h5 time so I want to focus on that. :)

--------------

Again @@LethuL, I hope you aren't offended by my post. It's not my intention. I've been a big fan of yours since before mcc launched and I consider you one of the better halo players I've seen. I appreciate you taking the time to respond and have a real discussion about the topic. Thank you <3

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3