CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'd be pissed too if I was on the 2nd best team (according to Season 2 placings) and got dropped less than a week before qualifying begins.

Yah it makes sense to be pissed, but we have this conversation every time someone gets dropped. I think Scottie is a cool guy, but people make team changes for a reason. It's pretty clear that right now Frosty is the superior H5 player.

After watching a good deal of streaming, I think a big separator in individual skill in H5 will be aiming speed. There are pros that have what I think of as "slow aiming." Good examples of this are Cloud, Royal 2, Flamesword. My expectation is that the way they aim is going to hurt them individually in this game; whether it's because their controller is slower or they aim slower mechanically. The massive aim magnetism circles and the lag compensation in this game make aiming feel like you are dragging your reticule through mud. We've already seen Cloud struggle a little bit; and as a guy with a huge amount of individual skill historically, I think this is part of the reason why.

On the other hand, "fast aimers" like Lethul, Snakebite and Ninja are destroying individually in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd be pissed too if I was on the 2nd best team (according to Season 2 placings) and got dropped less than a week before qualifying begins.

He should have tried harder.  I knew this move would eventually happen when the game first came out and Enable was playing with CLG a ton.  I was watching one of their streams and someone mentioned how Cloud only got on for a few games then dipped out (in comparison to Enable who was literally grinding with them).  Their entire tone in that conversation set off huge alarms, you could tell right away from that moment that they were going to dump him if he didn't come out playing well, which is exactly why I kept posting that he was going to get dropped once it became apparent that he wasn't standing out in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fun fact: I'm still banned from his chat because someone donated $70 to ban me :o

Fucking Lxthul. ITS BEEN A WHOLE GAME ALREADY BRO, LET IT GO...

:lxthul:  :salt:  :cry:

Just make another account like everybody else.

He should have tried harder.  I knew this move would eventually happen when the game first came out and Enable was playing with CLG a ton.  I was watching one of their streams and someone mentioned how Cloud only got on for a few games then dipped out (in comparison to Enable who was literally grinding with them).  Their entire tone in that conversation set off huge alarms, you could tell right away from that moment that they were going to dump him if he didn't come out playing well, which is exactly why I kept posting that he was going to get dropped once it became apparent that he wasn't standing out in this game.

Yeah, I think the move will benefit CLG, just trying to empathize with Cloud.

Turn the flag into a bomb. Let one side start with the bomb. Alternate after each round. Call it H5:GO.

i think if they reforged maps to be bigger in breakout and did like one bomb where you switched every round would be really cool and just like csgo... thoughts?

Great minds think alike ;) @@Gohan

go watch vlogs they make and tell me they don't have time to put in an acceptable amount of time into this game. 2 of them live in a house of gamers with no other responsibility than to get a video out a day, assuming they are up 16 hours a day I think they can find some time to not fail as players.

EDIT: okay that sounded a little mean, so I should add that they have been playing more the past 4-5 days. Actually getting scrims and making an effort. They could still put in more for sure but they haven't done NOTHING. I just don't think they are really qualified for an excuse like some people give them.

i watch their videos every day; im a big fan of the optic halo boys specifically.

I'm also not disagreeing with you. Given 24 hours in a day: 6-8 for sleep, another 6 to complete my daily required content, 4 hours to eat/gym, that leaves them 6-8 hours a day to play.

Let's also clarify that playing and streaming are two different things. As the public/fans/community, some of us figure "well if i cant watch them play, then they aren't playing". This just isnt true.

Between the three official members of optic they have 1732+ games played and 9 days 11 hours 6 minutes and 25 seconds played. 

I understand that you have multiple accounts yourself (TJ) so I know this isn't accurate but 2/3 of the optic team have more time clocked than your primary account.

So lets not pretend like they arent "grinding".

There is an astronomical, life changing amount of money at stake. I know I wouldn't be rushing into any commitments on a replacement for my team. I would be weighing my options extremely carefully. There's a reason that these guys were dropped/don't have teams, it's because they have flaws. Those things need to be accounted for. (no disrespect to the free agents out there, you're all talented individuals.)

And of all people to have to replace it's @@Ace? Good fucking luck. Ace would of had your spot on EG if he left optic back in MCC.

TLDR;

I agree with you, but don't pretend like they aren't "grinding".

***EDIT*****

just realized I might have come off sounding like a cunt..... was not my intention. I do love you @@LethuL. Hope I did not disrespect you in anyway. <3

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Yah it makes sense to be pissed, but we have this conversation every time someone gets dropped. I think Scottie is a cool guy, but people make team changes for a reason. It's pretty clear that right now Frosty is the superior H5 player.

After watching a good deal of streaming, I think a big separator in individual skill in H5 will be aiming speed. There are pros that have what I think of as "slow aiming." Good examples of this are Cloud, Royal 2, Flamesword. My expectation is that the way they aim is going to hurt them individually in this game; whether it's because their controller is slower or they aim slower mechanically. The massive aim magnetism circles and the lag compensation in this game make aiming feel like you are dragging your reticule through mud. We've already seen Cloud struggle a little bit; and as a guy with a huge amount of individual skill historically, I think this is part of the reason why.

On the other hand, "fast aimers" like Lethul, Snakebite and Ninja are destroying individually in this game.

Are there other factors besides look sensitivity that go into determining whether someone is a "slow" vs "fast" aimer? 

"slow aiming." \ "fast aimers"

I wonder if this is related to left stick versus right stick aiming.

Swiping is EXTREMELY strong in this game (and part of why no scoping with the Sniper seems to be as easy as it is).  The reticule movement slows to a crawl as you go over an enemy hitbox -- so people who aim more with their right stick aren't as punished as they would be in other Halos.

Often in the less mobile Halos players learned to aim using their body movement (left stick) to line up the shot, and only use the right stick for minor adjustments.  This is a "slow" method to aim.

I'd be really interested to hear pro input on this, if aiming in H5 feels more right stick-centric, and if those who are struggling seem to be sticking to the old ways, but I think you're on to something, blankfein.

• Upvote (+1) 3

what 2 players is Flamesword talking about?

i think it might have been FiS and VictoryX

• Upvote (+1) 2

Swiping is EXTREMELY strong in this game (and part of why no scoping with the Sniper seems to be as easy as it is).  The reticule movement slows to a crawl as you go over an enemy hitbox -- so people who aim more with their right stick aren't as punished as they would be in other Halos.

Often in the less mobile Halos players learned to aim using their body movement (left stick) to line up the shot, and only use the right stick for minor adjustments.  This is a "slow" method to aim.

I'd be really interested to hear pro input on this, if aiming in H5 feels more right stick-centric, and if those who are struggling seem to be sticking to the old ways, but I think you're on to something, blankfein.

I think you are right with respect to right-stick vs left-stick aiming. The players I listed tend to be very smooth with making right-stick adjustments. This is how I suspect players like Cloud were so good at octagon back in H3. For this reason it comes down to more than even base aiming speed alone (i.e. sensitivity). 

It also has to do with deadzones and the aim acceleration curves of the right-stick which are unique for every controller. To aim effectively in this game the aim-acceleration curve on your right stick needs to be steep enough to overcome the massive drag from aim magnetism. Or to counter-balance a slower controller, you need to make bigger aim adjustments which results in an aiming mechanic that is a lot jerkier (TJ is a good example of this. People talk all the time about how he can basically play on the jankiest, broken controllers that players who rely on fluid aiming can't deal with).

Are there other factors besides look sensitivity that go into determining whether someone is a "slow" vs "fast" aimer? 

I think so. I think TA and I touched on a few of them. The idea isn't fully formed in my head but there's definitely more to it than sensitivity.

what 2 players is Flamesword talking about?

i think it might have been FiS and VictoryX

It sounds like Snakebite and Royal2? Have to factor in that maybe CLG was a To3 a week ago and it might have been easier for them to team with FS again with Assault, and that Maniac dilemma fits in.

Just clearly speculation obviously.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Vertical aiming feels very movement based. If my reticle isn't already on the head, chances are that I'm jumping for that headshot. This is also part of the reason why dropping into a long crouch can be a lot more effective in a 1v1 fight than in past Halos I believe.

would love to know what to3 flame is considering dropping maniac and assault for... its gotta be fis, vicx and hysteria.......

the whole optic halo situations is screwed cause they did not grind the game out in the early days.

if they were on grinding then the other top free agents would have been more inclined to join. however I think the other top players were turned away because they did not get on and play the game

I want to know what 3 other players Flamesword is going to run with. The old C9?

Without a doubt. Through his wonky wording I think he said they have an org as well. coL hopefully.

Flame is going to try out an already formed to3? That's gotta be the old c9 I would imagine. What other to3 would be good enough that he would even consider going under a different org.

Flamesword thinks Assault is better than Maniac  :wutface:

maybe in h2a...... but assault is better then maniac right now in h5 100%

• Upvote (+1) 8

He said the situation with the two players that were thinking about joining "took care of itself." With Frosty joining CLG today, that makes it almost surely Snakebite & Royal 2 which shocks me (seems like the whole idea was an obvious downgrade for them)

the whole optic halo situations is screwed cause they did not grind the game out in the early days.

if they were on grinding then the other top free agents would have been more inclined to join. however I think the other top players were turned away because they did not get on and play the game

Flame's video makes it seem like they had plenty of players who wanted to join/try the team. I don't think it has anything to do with "the grind." It's more about fitting the right pieces of the puzzle together... And a little indecisiveness from OpTic.

Just make another account like everybody else.

I'm just messing around lol I don't even talk in chats beside the beyond one anyways, too much work